No announcement yet.

Forum Visitation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Tom. As I recall, I joined up with Casebook in 1995 or 1996. I think there were 20 or fewer pages to the whole website, and no Forums at all yet. The chat room was on DALnet and the weekly chats were on Saturday afternoons, as I recall. Larry S. Barbee is the only other name I remember as a writer of articles back then, although there were 3 to 5 other folks whose names escape me at the moment. Spryder made me an honorary Casebook staff member for scanning a few photos and playing back-up chat moderator for him. After a year or so devoted to Casebook, I got busy with creating my own website and fell out of the habit of popping in regularly. Once I returned to Casebook, it had taken off like a rocket and was well on its way to becoming what it is today.

The old URL was rather long, as you say. I don't recall it, but if memory serves me it ended in a ".demon.co.uk" suffix. I think there were actually 2 changes of URLs before Spryder had the funds for creating casebook.org - Which happened about 1998 or so.

What a trip down Memory Lane today has been!

Vila
    "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
    Dan L Hollifield
    Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
    http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

Larry "Eagle Eyes" Barbee! I remember him. A good guy. And Ross Strachan. I wonder where all these guys disappeared to? And let's not forget Casebook Productions, which was just getting going when I started comin' round. Chris George was really cool and nice back then. And you had guys like Alex Chisholm and Dave Yost and Christopher-Michael DiGrazia hanging around. I'm forgetting more than I remember.

Of course, we're remembering the good here and forgetting some of the bad, such as the fact that at any time there'd be no less than 5 and often 10 or more Diary threads going on at once. I DO NOT miss that!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
        Of course, we're remembering the good here and forgetting some of the bad, such as the fact that at any time there'd be no less than 5 and often 10 or more Diary threads going on at once. I DO NOT miss that!
        And the fact that any thread where the diary was mentioned would immediately turn into another diary thread ...

Comment

LOL. Yes, and the same with Hutchinson (George, not Philip). Mention him once and that thread would be a goner. Ha ha.

I guess the moral of the story for Steadmund, Martin, et al, is that we were ALL newbies once, so don't sweat it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Thank you again all for making me feel welcome.. it's really a lot of fun here.. and I will admit, i kinda like the crazy threads.. after all, fun is fun eh... and the stranger the better as far as i'm concerned... besides we all need a good laugh now and again.

but lets keep posting.. and just have fun... nothing else to do in winter in BUffalo NY anyway

Comment

- Forum Visitation

Isn't that where you try to conjure up somebody?
              Sink the Bismark

Comment

So this Maybrick chap? Do you think Hutchinson actually saw him?

Pirate

Comment

Working...
                X