Forum Visitation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Martin,

The comment was ment for a recent poster who thought the murdeerer was trying to spell NECKS. Unless you have done that, then take no offense.

Yours truly
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by steadmund Brand View Post
      Wow Ally...... I do hope that I'm not... as you put it an idiotic conspiracy theorists or moronic illiterate.....what I am is new to the forums.. and must say so far, have really had a good time and am enjoying it.... so far..... but as I said I am new.. that too may change
      Welcome, Steadmund. There do seem to be a lot of new people. I'm sure some of the knowledgeable veterans will trickle back. They're probably lurking right now.

My experience, in the last 3 years, is that there's occasionally an influx of new people, some of whom want to talk about...strange stuff, like secret messages over MJK's bed or something, but eventually they get worn out and leave. The vets will make themselves apparent.

Just hang in there.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV
        Daniel is a rock.
        You speak the truth. I feel that it's so quiet because everyone has had to go back to their corner and reassess what they know, in the wake of Daniel's theory. It's almost spiritual.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I can't remember the last time I was on this forum, but yeah, I missed the intelligent conversations.
          "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Originally posted by Monty
            Oh for Yazoo, ED and Graziano. And Viper too, I do miss him.
            Graziano! He was the Perry Mason of his day. And don't forget Rabbi Leen and pre-Diary Caz, or was that before your time, Monty? I can't recall when you first came on. We had David Radka and these new kids get Phil Carter. It just ain't fair.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom,

Oh yes, the days of wine and Radka. Sigh. Really do miss David. Irrascible, insolent, immovable--but he did know his stuff. A late, great foe with whom to duel philosophically and factually.

Don.
              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Tom,

I just remember Rabbi.

Radka was unique and man, would he have stoked some fires today.

Heck, I remember Ivor Edwards, Peter Wood, Philip C Dowe, Jon Olmor, Sarah Long (sigh), some fiesty chick called Allegria and a young lad called Tom who suggested I took more Jack Daniels and less cola.

Monty
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Does anyone go on chat that much anymore?
                  "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Hi Red,

I used to. Not so much anymore though.
                    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Ha ha, I keep entering whenever someone is leaving.
                      I remember when I would stay up all night chatting on there, even though I had class the next day.
                      I'm on there now.

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

I too miss Radka, also known as Saddam Hussein the Dictator, Bullwinkle, and probably several other names.

Comment

Saddam Hussein
                          Hi Robert,

Here we fear that name.
                          Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Pointless and trifling threads seem these days successful, while more
                            interesting discussions are avoided...

I'd take 2 examples:

The thread "Top 3 suspects" (or something like that) was entertaining and successful... I realize that many posters believed in Druitt (I was amazed) and Bury. I thus logically expected "new" discussions about these suspects to take place soon...
                            None came...

The second example is about Kosminski.
                            There was several active threads about him recently. At least "Did Anderson know?" and "K, the big secret".

Then Ripperologist published a long and interesting article by J Hainsworth...and you know what ? Discussions about Kosminski just ceased !
                            That's not serious... Especially at a time that lacks great or controversial publications.

Comment

I manage to pop in here once or twice a week. Though I seldom comment anywhere besides the Pub threads, I do read a bit up on the main boards.

As for seniority around the Casebook- Spryder and I might be the last of the Old Guard left now. But I'd love to be proven wrong on that. How about it, Spry? Who else is left from the old days before the Casebook got its own domain name?

Vila
                              "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
                              Dan L Hollifield
                              Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
                              http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

Hi Vila, yes, you are almost certainly the the poster going back the furthest, but I remember when Casebook had a long url, although I don't know if I'm remembering that from experience or from reading about it. LOL. When did it first become 'casebook.org'?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X