Deconstructing Jack by Simon Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John G View Post
    There is no logical basis for this assertion as no perpetrator was ever caught. Maybe these was, maybe there wasn't. Who knows?
    Yes, indeed, I guess "There might not have been a Jack the Ripper" wasn't quite sexy enough for Simon.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
      Hi John,

Well your last sentence was "Please let me know if I've left out any options."

How is "Three" responsive to that I wonder?

Or did you mean your actual last question which was: "Or are you saying you're not really sure about any of this but you'll get back to us when you are sure, or a least responsibly satisfied with your conclusions?"

I can't see how "Three" can answer that one.

I'm starting to think he didn't answer your post at all!
      I'm sure he could have conjured up another three alternatives, so he was probably answering that question I posed in the last sentence. But who knows with Cryptic Simon. In fact, I'm thinking about writing a book entitled, "Deconstructing Simon Wood." What do you think?

Comment

• Hi David,

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

John G thanked me for my reply and clarification." Post #329. Of course, he could have been being impish.

It's a historical fact that five women were murdered in a small geographical area within a three month period.

What do you mean when you say there was a Jack the Ripper?

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Hi Jon G,

"I'm thinking about writing a book entitled, 'Deconstructing Simon Wood'."

I wish you the very best of luck with that project.

Please let me know if I can assist.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
            Hi Jon G,

"I'm thinking about writing a book entitled, 'Deconstructing Simon Wood'."

I wish you the very best of luck with that project.

Please let me know if I can assist.

Regards,

Simon
            Thanks for the encouragement, Simon. And I'm sure your assistance would be invaluable.

As an aside, do you think that Nichols, Chapman and Eddowes were killed by the same person?
            Last edited by John G; 08-04-2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I'm sure he could have conjured up another three alternatives, so he was probably answering that question I posed in the last sentence. But who knows with Cryptic Simon. In fact, I'm thinking about writing a book entitled, "Deconstructing Simon Wood." What do you think?
              Well, John, like I said in my "Reconstructing Jack" article:

"One does not so much read Simon Wood as decode him"

(Simon once said this about Robert Anderson for anyone who doesn't get the reference.)

Comment

Hi David,

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

John G thanked me for my reply and clarification." Post #329. Of course, he could have been being impish.
                Yes, Simon, he did, but as has now been established, he didn't actually know what you meant.

I assume you can read his post #342.

Comment

I'm sure he could have conjured up another three alternatives, so he was probably answering that question I posed in the last sentence.
                  So you think the conversation went like this:

John G: Please let me know if I've left out any options.

Simon Wood: Three.

That strikes me as one bizarre convo.

But, hey, let's ask Simon. Is that how it went?

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                    Well, John, like I said in my "Reconstructing Jack" article:

"One does not so much read Simon Wood as decode him"

(Simon once said this about Robert Anderson for anyone who doesn't get the reference.)
                    Good analysis, David. I'm reminded of what the Evening News said about Joseph Levy, who apparently was withholding some secret information: "...He assumes a knowing air." Personally, I don't think he knew anything.

Comment

• Hi Jon G,

At least David had the good grace to admit he stole that observation [about SRA] from me.

Regarding your question, my answer is no.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

What do you mean when you say there was a Jack the Ripper?
                        Much to your disappointment, no doubt, Simon, I haven't said that.

Nor have I written a book in which I said that.

You are the one who wrote the book, this is a thread about that book, so what do you mean when you say there is no Jack the Ripper?

And you are surely aware that I'm saying you don't actually know what you mean aren't you? In fact, you haven't got a clue. You can't articulate it, even in a book of nearly 600 pages.

Comment

• Hi David,

Bizarre convo?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Hi David,

I suggest you read it again.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

At least David had the good grace to admit he stole that observation [about SRA] from me.
                              I didn't steal anything Simon. I applied it in a way that is far more appropriate.

Comment

Hi Jon G,

Regarding your question, my answer is no.

Regards,

Simon
                                Hi Simon,

Thank you for your straightforward reply. Personally I believe they were but I cannot be certain. And I'm beginning to think that some/ most of the opinions of the Victorian medicos should be taken with a pinch of salt, which makes the task of arriving at any form conclusions even harder.
                                Last edited by John G; 08-04-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X