All Love Jack: Busting the Ripper by Bruce Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gnote View Post
    Maybe Sir William poisoned Druitt to render him unconscious and then Albert Victor dumped him into the river from the royal carriage?

Kosminski was never insane either. He was kidnapped and Gull performed some brain surgery on him causing his future condition. This was in order to get him locked away in an asylum and provided another convenient suspect for Sir Melville to write about.
    Brilliant!
    I know I will actually read it eventually (864 or 846 pages is a bigger commitment than I currently feel I can give to it) but people might want to suggest opening a sub forum for Mikey now to contain the coming flood from burying all others in the General Suspect sub.
    I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

It's worse than most of us thought:

After 15 years of research, the director of Withnail and I tells Mick Brown he believes he has cracked the most enduring mystery in British criminal history

Robinson’s theory, argued with a forensic attention to detail, is that all of the killings bore the unmistakable stamp of being perversions of Freemasonic ritual: the symbol of a pair of compasses, ‘the trademark of Freemasonry’, carved into the face of Catherine Eddowes; removal of meal buttons and coins from the bodies of Eddowes and Annie Chapman - ‘The removal of metal is axiomatic in Masonic ritual,’ Robinson writes, money being ‘an emblem of vice’... all of these things and more were not feverish acts of madness but carefully laid clues, the Ripper’s calling card, in what he called his ‘funny little game’ - a gruesome paperchase designed to taunt the authorities, and Charles Warren in particular. The cryptic graffiti in Goulston Street was ‘the most flagrant clue of all.’
      That's interesting.
      My info is that he is putting Michael Maybrick forward as the killer.

I posted it on the "Suspects" forum.
      Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
        That's interesting.
        My info is that he is putting Michael Maybrick forward as the killer.

I posted it on the "Suspects" forum.
        Check it out.
        He is. It's just that he's also adding in all the free mason stuff and some of it sounds very similar to the nonsense in Stephen Knight's book and the From Hell film.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
          Brilliant!
          I know I will actually read it eventually (864 or 846 pages is a bigger commitment than I currently feel I can give to it) but people might want to suggest opening a sub forum for Mikey now to contain the coming flood from burying all others in the General Suspect sub.
          Based on the article i just linked to i'll certainly give it pass. I don't care if it's really well written.

Comment

Based on the article i just linked to i'll certainly give it pass. I don't care if it's really well written.
            That and several articles on it would usually lead me the same way but I also want to fully enjoy the blood sport of beating his theory will start on the Internet as a spectator.

Comment

That and several articles on it would usually lead me the same way but I also want to fully enjoy the blood sport of beating his theory will start on the Internet as a spectator.
              So you're going to do to this book what Jack did to poor MJK?

Comment

So you're going to do to this book what Jack did to poor MJK?
                Not at all. I'm going to watch OTHERS on here do that. Totally different.

Comment

Just wait and see

Shouldn't take long, knowing this place.

Wish it didn't include the Freemasons-- might have had some interest, otherwise.
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

No one here'd do that
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

There's a bit more about the book in today's Telegraph

'After 15 years of research, the director of Withnail and I tells Mick Brown he believes he has cracked the most enduring mystery in British criminal history'...

After 15 years of research, the director of Withnail and I tells Mick Brown he believes he has cracked the most enduring mystery in British criminal history
                      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
                      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
                      ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

EVERY LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY THE KILLER!

I really, seriously desperately, need someone to explain why so many authors push this. Thousands of letters in thousands of different handwrittings mailed from every corner of the Emprie... All written by a single person. How did he have time to commit the murders while keeping up such an impressive corrospondance?

Comment

EVERY LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY THE KILLER!

I really, seriously desperately, need someone to explain why so many authors push this. Thousands of letters in thousands of different handwrittings mailed from every corner of the Emprie... All written by a single person. How did he have time to commit the murders while keeping up such an impressive corrospondance?
                          When they say 'every letter' they're probably referring to the famous ones, i.e. 'Dear Boss', the 'Saucy Jacky postcard' and 'From Hell'.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                            When they say 'every letter' they're probably referring to the famous ones, i.e. 'Dear Boss', the 'Saucy Jacky postcard' and 'From Hell'.
                            Yes, many do mean that. Robinson, Cornwell and several of others I've skimmed in the last couple years mean it literally.

Comment

Yes, many do mean that. Robinson, Cornwell and several of others I've skimmed in the last couple years mean it literally.
                              In that case, the multi-killer hypothesis has legs.

Comment

A surprisingly(?) good review from today's Guardian.

A new, deeply researched Ripper theory from the writer of Withnail and I centres on Freemasonry and identifies a masonic grand organist as the serial killer

Comment

Working...
                                X