Time-gap between Eddowes murder and Goulston Graffito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTRSickert View Post
    On average, how long would it take someone to get from Mitre Square to Goulston St, like 10-15 minutes at most?
    Only about 5, perhaps less at a brisk pace.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      We do know two organs were removed, how did he carry them away?
      The same question applies to Hanbury Street and Dorset Street, Jon. Unless he remembered to bring a bag at both those locations, as there's nothing on record to suggest that any items of clothing were taken from Chapman or Kelly.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

It does appear to be an extraordinary long distance to carry a rag if only for wiping the hands.
        Not if they're covered in sticky excrement.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Boggles View Post
          if thats true then no chance of said apron used as carrier device for organs.

But we sure it was her apron?
          Reported at the Inquest:
          "....One corner of the apron was wet with blood."

Wiping a knife only smears, wiping your hands only smears, but carrying an organ dripping with blood will wet the cloth more thoroughly than smearing.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            The same question applies to Hanbury Street and Dorset Street, Jon. Unless he remembered to bring a bag at both those locations, as there's nothing on record to suggest that any items of clothing were taken from Chapman or Kelly.
            Chapman's scarf was missing, and who knows what items of clothing were taken from Millers Court.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Reported at the Inquest:
              "....One corner of the apron was wet with blood.". Wiping a knife only smears, wiping your hands only smears, but carrying an organ dripping with blood will wet the cloth more thoroughly than smearing.
              The fact that one corner was "wet" suggests that it had been dipped directly in blood, rather than used to wrap something. Had the organs been wrapped in it, the middle of the cloth would have been soaked (uniformly) with fluid.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Chapman's scarf was missing, and who knows what items of clothing were taken from Millers Court.
                I still don't see why a kidney, uterus, or even a heart, couldn't be stuffed into a coat pocket, Jon. If a square yard of apron is too extravagant to wipe the hands, then it's positively overkill for the purpose of smuggling a small pair of organs. Indeed, the extra thickness of this "wadding", with the organs in their midst, might create an unnecessary tell-tale bulge.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Sam, the next time you buy fish and chips just take notice how the items are rolled up from one corner, you don't wrap something from the middle of a sheet
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Sam, the next time you buy fish and chips just take notice how the items are rolled up from one corner, you don't wrap something from the middle of a sheet
                    Fish and chips is different, Jon - there's an chippy on the very site of the Goulston St Graffito, of course! Returning to Eddowes' little uterus and bladder, surely he would just plop them into the middle of the cloth, roll and/or scrunch it up a few times and make a sharp exit. I can't see just the corner getting "wet" with blood, unless it were dipped directly into a source of blood itself.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

next time you buy fish and chips just take notice how the items are rolled up from one corner
                      ahha! - yet more evidence that the suspects father was a fishmonger -

- the steps i have to go to with these suspect orientated glasses on
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        Fish and chips is different, Jon - there's an chippy on the very site of the Goulston St Graffito, of course! Returning to Eddowes' little uterus and bladder, surely he would just plop them into the middle of the cloth, roll and/or scrunch it up a few times and make a sharp exit. I can't see just the corner getting "wet" with blood, unless it were dipped directly into a source of blood itself.
                        Sam, I learned the correct method from butchering, go watch a butcher wrap some fresh meat.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Take a square sheet of paper, drop the meat nearest to one bottom corner, fold up that corner over the meat.
                          Fold the sheet from the left, over the meat, then from the right over the meat, then role the whole pkg forward to the end of the sheet.

When you unfold the entire sheet the bottom corner is the most wet with blood.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Sam, I learned the correct method from butchering, go watch a butcher wrap some fresh meat.
                            I have some vague awareness of the art, Jon - I myself worked at a poultry farm and meat delivery-boy and my dad was a slaughterman. Anyhow, why suppose that Jack would have used a "correct" method anyway? He'd just want to get the hell out of there, quick, and stashing a couple of small organs in his pockets would have served that end admirably. I get the distinct impression that he needed the cloth for other purposes.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Take a square sheet of paper, drop the meat nearest to one bottom corner, fold up that corner over the meat.
                              The man's life was in mortal danger, can't see him having time for origami. Besides, all that cloth to wrap two squidgy organs, the biggest of which is only the size of a large plum?
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

right im back on your side Wickerman once more, cloth used for carting organs, JTR knew how to wrap - like who would want to put those things in the pocket - yuk

Comment

Working...
                                X