Berner St / Dutfield's Walk-Thru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berner St / Dutfield's Walk-Thru

This is the latest update of my attempt to create a 3D walk-thru of JtR murder scenes.
    It's a web Browser (IE or Mozilla - not Chrome unfortunately) WebPlayer Unity scene and I'd like some feedback on how it looks, acts and works from your PCs.

On my PC it looks quite good but on testing it on other machines I got mixed results which were generally.... crap!

So I'd like you to give it a go and let me know what you think.

It's dark (but there are light controls) but obviously the more light you give it the less it will look like a dark, foggy, gloomy Victorian London.

Have a go and let me know.

This is the latest build (Sunday 11th Oct @ 17:00)

there is a menu once the scene has loaded so just follow the instructions and have a walk.

thanks
    R
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Hi Richard. I'm using Firefox 41.0.1 on a Windows 10 OS. After getting used to the controls it worked pretty well for me. The lighting also worked.

I like the Goad's in the corner to help navigation. Sometimes the movement is a bit jerky due to a lag but overall I think you're on the right track and I enjoyed using it.
    Post Tenebras Lux

Comment

Hi Richard I couldnt get onto it on your link, (I use Mozilla Firefox) I did get onto the Autumn of Terror link though.

I think what you've done is amazing but wondered if the road width is to scale?
      I used to pass Berner Street in the 60s and it didn't look that wide, in fact it looked quite narrow and a bit gloomy even in the daytime.

Pat......

Comment

Brilliant, really well done.

I do notice the wicket door in the right side gate, it just looks a bit high to step through.

I'm sure you have the lighting pretty close, dark & dismal.
        I think it helps to appreciate why descriptions given by witnesses were conflicting and vague.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

This is looking very good to me, some very nice work.

No problems on my system (iMac late 2013, safari)

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            Brilliant, really well done.

I do notice the wicket door in the right side gate, it just looks a bit high to step through.

I'm sure you have the lighting pretty close, dark & dismal.
            I think it helps to appreciate why descriptions given by witnesses were conflicting and vague.
            Sometime after writing the above I had to wonder just which side gate that wicket door was in. One source I found said it was in the left gate.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

interesting website very nice work!

it really hits home just how open this site was really, you might have been seen from the club or the road in one of the most narrow parts of the yard. Theres atleast two more obvious locations you would go eg: further back into the yard or atleast round that slight corner opposite the site so atleast you're not vaguely viewable from the road!

-skiptotheend

Comment

Thank you ALL for the kind comments.
                In the New Year I think I will return to Berner's Street and redo what I've already done because - i have to admit - it's not as good as I'd hoped. Part of the problem is my ageing PC as well as my basic (limited) knowledge of the programs I'm using. Add to that I'm not in the slightest bit artistic (can't draw or paint to save my life) makes producing anything half decent a bit of a challenge.

I also have a tendency to want to show what I've done BEFORE it's finished so I will try to get those little problems sorted in the coming year.

Thanks again for the positive comments and encouragement.

LLAP
                R
                JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
                JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
                JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                  Thank you ALL for the kind comments.
                  In the New Year I think I will return to Berner's Street and redo what I've already done because - i have to admit - it's not as good as I'd hoped. Part of the problem is my ageing PC as well as my basic (limited) knowledge of the programs I'm using. Add to that I'm not in the slightest bit artistic (can't draw or paint to save my life) makes producing anything half decent a bit of a challenge.

I also have a tendency to want to show what I've done BEFORE it's finished so I will try to get those little problems sorted in the coming year.

Thanks again for the positive comments and encouragement.

LLAP
                  R
                  Please do keep up the good work - and thank-you for sharing.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                  X