No announcement yet.

The GSG and Responding to Insults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the killer read the GSG and agreed with it, I'd bet in his mind it was pro-Jew. If the killer used the message as his own, what matters is the meaning he got from it. I feel the apron and GSG being so close in proximity and not having a relationship, is a remote possibility. If the killer was illiterate, then it doesn't matter. So those looking for no connection might want to begin with illiterate suspects.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
      If my aunty had bollocks I'd interpret that to mean she was my uncle. But she didn't.
      do you have a source for that?
      there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
        If the killer read the GSG and agreed with it, I'd bet in his mind it was pro-Jew. If the killer used the message as his own, what matters is the meaning he got from it. I feel the apron and GSG being so close in proximity and not having a relationship, is a remote possibility. If the killer was illiterate, then it doesn't matter. So those looking for no connection might want to begin with illiterate suspects.

Mike
        Hello Mike,

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you wrote but if there is no connection between the GSG and the killer why would the killer have to be illiterate?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you wrote but if there is no connection between the GSG and the killer why would the killer have to be illiterate?
          Sorry, convoluted? I'm saying the proximity of the two items leads me to believe there's a connection. About the only happenstance I see is if the killer were illiterate and just threw the apron down near some writing that was just Greek to him because he couldn't read.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Not to belabor the point but doesn't that assume that the killer was aware that the writing was already there? That may or may not be the case.

c.d.

Comment

Not to belabor the point but doesn't that assume that the killer was aware that the writing was already there? That may or may not be the case.
              Well, I'm pretty sure he did know it was there or the placement of the apron is a huge coincidence. Again, if he were an illiterate guy, I suppose a wall scrawled upon or empty didn't matter and it was a place to duck in and get rid of the apron. I don't think so though.

Mike
              huh?

Comment

Martin Fido once postulated that the graffiti originated from a disgruntled customer who thought he had been stung by one of the local Jewish traders. If that were the case, wouldn't we expect to see something like 'Herskowitz is a cheating bastard!', albeit in Victorian vernacular, but something decidedly more incendiary than what we got?

Comment

Hello Harry,

But couldn't the same argument be made that if the killer wrote it that it would specifically relate to the murders in some way like "next time it will be three women" or something like that?

c.d.

Comment

Hello Harry,

But couldn't the same argument be made that if the killer wrote it that it would specifically relate to the murders in some way like "next time it will be three women" or something like that?

c.d.
                    True enough. As Henry Flower pointed out on the first page, there's nothing to connect the graffiti with the murders themselves, and it isn't congruent with other serial killers who have left communications. Wasn't exactly Lipstick Killer-esque was it? If it was really meant as an attack on Jews, then it was a tame effort. And for all the controversy about erasing it to prevent a riot, nothing happened once it came out in the press.

Comment

Hello Harry,

c.d.
                      Hello c.d.

I don't necessarily think that the "Ripper" letters were written by the killer -- even the "From Hell" (Lusk) letter that so many think was from the murderer -- but, yes, if the inscription of the wall was really from the killer, it probably would have been more direct and comprehendible than the odd, enigmatic words that the police discovered. See my editorial in Ripperologist 152.

Best regards

Chris
                      Christopher T. George
                      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                        do you have a source for that?
                        Autopsy report!

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          Perhaps. But I think more than likely it reads as the Jews won't take the blame for anything.

Also, would a Jew spell the word wrong?
                          That's my take on this as well, and I think the proximity to the crime scene evidence suggests that the 2 are related by Kates killer.
                          Michael Richards

Comment

The graffito was accusatory.

That is why it has two definite articles.

Henry Flower was right that if the message were philo-Semitic, then it would surely use the word should rather than will.

There is an obvious difference between The Jews are the men that will not be blamed and, for example, Jews are people who should not be blamed.

Comment

Working...
                            X