Ripper and Thames Torso overlap in 1889

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripper and Thames Torso overlap in 1889

It's noteworthy that one of the so-called Thames Torso Murders happened in June 1889, followed a month later by the last of the Whitechapel murders to bear hallmarks of the Ripper. Before this, both the Thames Torso and Ripper murders had been on hiatus. Not only were both serial killers back in business around the same time, but both had undergone long periods of inactivity before striking again within a similar timeframe. After September 1889, there were no more Torsos and no more Ripper attacks.

Or perhaps it's all one big coincidence?

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    It's noteworthy that one of the so-called Thames Torso Murders happened in June 1889, followed a month later by the last of the Whitechapel murders to bear hallmarks of the Ripper. Before this, both the Thames Torso and Ripper murders had been on hiatus. Not only were both serial killers back in business around the same time, but both had undergone long periods of inactivity before striking again within a similar timeframe. After September 1889, there were no more Torsos and no more Ripper attacks.

Or perhaps it's all one big coincidence?
    nope cause this guy bolted to Australia soon after.
    Attached Files

Comment

Has that been established as our Hutch?

Comment

no. but I think hes a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          nope cause this guy bolted to Australia soon after.
          Cant click on photo, who is he?

Comment

My Hutch was called George William Topping Hutchinson, had a son who claimed his father was the witness of Dorset Street fame, and Toppy signed his name in a manner that made a leading forensic handwriting expert say that the two were so very alike that if any further examples of the witnesses´ handwriting came to light, they would confirm his feeling that a match was at hand.
            It takes ten samples of handwriting to establish a definite match.

The identification issue is laid to rest where it belongs as far as I´m concerned, and therefore, I don´t invest anything at all in Aussie George.

Comment

I think the most noteworthy thing about the torsos is how many we don't even know about. There were parts founds of victims whose torsos weren't recovered. How prolific was the Torso killer? Are there any other London dismemberment murders from the period of 1870 to 1910? It's always said the Thames Torso killer took a break after 1873, but are there other dismemberment cases that just weren't linked because there was no thames connection?

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                I think the most noteworthy thing about the torsos is how many we don't even know about. There were parts founds of victims whose torsos weren't recovered. How prolific was the Torso killer? Are there any other London dismemberment murders from the period of 1870 to 1910? It's always said the Thames Torso killer took a break after 1873, but are there other dismemberment cases that just weren't linked because there was no thames connection?
                Hi Rocky,

Salamanca Alley torso in Lambeth, 1902. If I remember correctly, parts of the body were boiled and stacked up in the alley with head on top.

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman View Post
                  Cant click on photo, who is he?
                  George Hutchinson who left London shortly after the last torso/ripper murder in late 1889. later convicted in Australia of indecent assault/exposure involving two boys.

theres a great article about him in ripperologist sept 2015 by S. Senise.

I think he may be a good fit for torso ripper man also.

Comment

George Hutchinson who left London shortly after the last torso/ripper murder in late 1889. later convicted in Australia of indecent assault/exposure involving two boys.
                    But it's far from proven to be the George Hutchinson.

Comment

theres a great article about him in ripperologist sept 2015 by S. Senise.

I think he may be a good fit for torso ripper man also.
                      It is a fact that serial killers who are gay. or lean towards male children will not as a rule kill members of the opposite sex. So lets not dwell on this man for that reason alone.

Comment

But it's far from proven to be the George Hutchinson.
                        correct. but I think hes a good fit. same age, same location, seems to match the physical description, same type of employment-laborer type, possible match with "military bearing" (witness hutch)and listed as able seaman (aussie hutch).

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                          Hi Rocky,

Salamanca Alley torso in Lambeth, 1902. If I remember correctly, parts of the body were boiled and stacked up in the alley with head on top.
                          hey jer I have heard about this one, but there must be more that have been overlooked?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                            It is a fact that serial killers who are gay. or lean towards male children will not as a rule kill members of the opposite sex. So lets not dwell on this man for that reason alone.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                            true for the most part. but just off the top of my head Jeffrey Dahmer exposed himself to women and was convicted. this after he already started murdering.

I'm sure there are more similar, its rare I admit-but a possibility. and the ripper was a strange bird even for serial killers.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                              It is a fact that serial killers who are gay. or lean towards male children will not as a rule kill members of the opposite sex.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              With the exception of Ottis Toole, Pazram, H. Lucas & a hand full of other serial killers.

Comment

Working...
                              X