No announcement yet.

Things that Annoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one sock of every pair of mine disappears into a black hole about three weeks after purchase and first wearing. It's annoying to have to spend time looking for a pair with two matching socks.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      I think one sock of every pair of mine disappears into a black hole about three weeks after purchase and first wearing. It's annoying to have to spend time looking for a pair with two matching socks.
      I worked that one out, only buy one brand of socks now, always black.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Thanks Magpie.

That black and blue one on the right is definitely one of mine.
        Usually I find them under the bed, covered in dust and fluff.
        Some manage to get trapped under the legs. Which is a puzzle.
        I haven't been possessed by Pazuzu to the best of my knowledge, so I am at something of a loss to explain this feat of levitation.
        GUT's suggestion is excellent.
        I suspect however that it's simply a long, slow process of ending up with one black sock.

Like the single shoe seen in the street, it must remain an eternal mystery.
        Investigations into this phenomenon are beset by hoaxes.
        I was once shown a picture of a pink lady's shoe, but have good reason to believe it was a Barbie shoe, taken from close up.

All the best.

Comment

Supermarket checkout operators who throw your purchases at you faster than you can bag them and then turn to you while you are still up to your neck in unbagged groceries and say, '£57.50' (or whatever).

My response is to pretend I didn't hear, continue bagging as slowly as possible and when done, ask 'How much did you say?'.

It feels like a small victory.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
            Supermarket checkout operators who throw your purchases at you faster than you can bag them and then turn to you while you are still up to your neck in unbagged groceries and say, '£57.50' (or whatever).

My response is to pretend I didn't hear, continue bagging as slowly as possible and when done, ask 'How much did you say?'.

It feels like a small victory.
            Been there Gary
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Shop assistants with the mathematical knowledge of a toddler!

I was in a jewellery shop the other day buying a present (a pair of earrings) which cost £35. The assistant offered to box and wrap them for £3. I agreed.

She took out a calculator to add £35 + £3 !!!

I kid you not!
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                Shop assistants with the mathematical knowledge of a toddler!

I was in a jewellery shop the other day buying a present (a pair of earrings) which cost £35. The assistant offered to box and wrap them for £3. I agreed.

She took out a calculator to add £35 + £3 !!!

I kid you not!
                Look on the bright side, mate - had that been in Wednesbury she wouldn't have known how to use the calculator.

Here's a thing that really pees me off, and it happened this morning. Door-bell rings. Bloke standing there holding a clipboard and a wodge of leaflets. First thing he says: "Now I'm not selling anything!"

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Its as bad as the phone call “weve been informed that youve recently been in an accident and that it wasnt your fault. Is that true?”

My reply is always “no, and you know that i havent!”

My mom usually asks “where did you get that information?” At which point the caller puts the phone down.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

You got off lightly with the earrings. A Miss Susan Cushing bought a pair of earrings and specified home delivery. You'll never guess what they sent her.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      You got off lightly with the earrings. A Miss Susan Cushing bought a pair of earrings and specified home delivery. You'll never guess what they sent her.

SH
                      Where i live Robert i could have probably purchased a pair of ears cheaper
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I've got no delusions about my attractiveness. I've often been described as being the unacceptable face of faces.
                        You would think I would try for the blind, or visually challenged in PC language.
                        A blind girl did 'read' my face once. Afterwards she had herself tested for dyslexia.
                        So I would appreciate female shop assistants not calling me darlin' or swee'art. I'm neither and not remotely likely to be.

Comment

Working...
                        X