The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    Yes, I think there's a sound possibility that Ada Wilson's attacker was the same man seen by Mrs. Cox. For 'sunburnt' read 'blotchy'.

Cox said that the man had a full, ginger ('carroty') moustache, whereas BS Man had a small, dark moustache. Obviously, the length of his beard is variable, but the colour?
    Hi Harry D

As Ive posted before-hair color can look different in different lighting conditions. I have a friend with wiry reddish/brown hair (and stash-a goatee)and in daylight looks red but at night in lower lighting conditions can look dark/brown. His stash is also a lighter color than the hair on his head.

Comment

• Which ripper suspect lived nearest the GSG? Flower & Dean direction.
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
        Which ripper suspect lived nearest the GSG? Flower & Dean direction.
        Why would you think he was going home?
        Why not try for three...
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• There where policemen actively stopping people. JtR was somewhere during that time.

Comment

• in foro interno

Hello Batman.

"JtR was somewhere during that time."

Yes. He was in the mind--along with centaurs, unicorns and the tooth fairy.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Hello Batman.

"JtR was somewhere during that time."

Yes. He was in the mind--along with centaurs, unicorns and the tooth fairy.

Cheers.
              LC
              There was no Whitechapel Murderer...Those women's deaths are simply pure fiction...It's all a scam to keep morbid minded tourists coming back to the East End...

True or false, you decide!

Comment

• So I take it, its still Chapman and Kozminski in the running on that front. Who else? Tumblety I suppose should be in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by El White Chap View Post
                  There was no Whitechapel Murderer...Those women's deaths are simply pure fiction...It's all a scam to keep morbid minded tourists coming back to the East End...

True or false, you decide!

Stage 1

You know what El, I think at one time or another anyone remotely interested in the case has probably fallen out of bed one morning with the 'unique' thought that maybe there is more than 1 killer of the C5.

Now by breakfast most of us have realized this is probably the very low probability guess but for some people by the time they have finished breakfast they believe they have something thoroughly novel while the rest of us watch them doing with this hypothesis where they want us to believe that...

... there is no JtR!

Stage 2

Now for that Hollywood script

And if Hollywood says its right it must be true.

Comment

Stage 1

You know what El, I think at one time or another anyone remotely interested in the case has probably fallen out of bed one morning with the 'unique' thought that maybe there is more than 1 killer of the C5.

Now by breakfast most of us have realized this is probably the very low probability guess but for some people by the time they have finished breakfast they believe they have something thoroughly novel while the rest of us watch them doing with this hypothesis where they want us to believe that...

... there is no JtR!

Stage 2

Actually, I think this is a very good post. I broadly agree with your comments, Batman, although I still have concerns that Stride might have been a domestic murder.

Comment

Stage 1

... there is no JtR!

Stage 2

Yeah,but don't get me wrong...I'm not berating ALL multiple killer theories.
                      It's completely possible there was more than one individual involved in the killings of the C5, I'd never rule that out after what Emma Smith said of her attackers and if you include Stride in the mix, you've got BS and Pipe man who could have possibly been working together (even if pipeman spoke to the police, doesn't mean he wasn't involved/partially responsible for the death of Liz). Then you've got the risky backyard at Hanbury which appears to have only one entrance and exit, It isn't too far a stretch of the imagination that there was a second individual acting as lookout or what have you. There have been many instances of serial killings by two individuals or even more working as gangs, that's nothing new.

For many reasons which I really am not required to explain, it's very difficult to to argue and furthermore genuinely have a convincing case that there were two separate killers operating at the same time and that one may have copied the other ones MO, i.e. Eddowes was a copycat killing of Chapman. That possibility in all likelyhood is so remote that it's not really worth entertaining.

Comment

• The multiple killer hypothesis is a bit different to the accomplice hypothesis, the latter of which is much more probable that the MKH but still less probable than it being one SK.

Comment

• Yes, two serial killers working together is unusual but not unprecedented: Duffy and Mulchay, for example. In support of this argument is the differences in MO, and possibly anatomical knowledge, in respect of the various murders. Moreover, certain murders might indicate the participation of more than one perpetrator: Smith and Tabram, for example, and possibly even Kelly. It might reduce the risk of being caught as well, I.e. if one killer acted as lookout.

Of course, both killers needn't have participated in every murder. And a more radical hypothesis would be gang-related crimes.
                          Last edited by John G; 05-13-2015, 09:44 AM.

Comment

The multiple killer hypothesis is a bit different to the accomplice hypothesis, the latter of which is much more probable that the MKH but still less probable than it being one SK.
                            A clear differentiation is required here, true. Would have to agree that it was most likely only one individual who was involved in the ripper murders, a subset and less than half of the Whitechapel Murders total victims.

Given other more contemporary SK cases with comparable parallels, Sutcliffe for example. That said I've given a rationale as to how it could have been more than one persons involved, it simply cannot be ruled out given the evidence or lack of.

Comment

• You know what, screw it, I'm a change my vote. In all the doorways in all of Whitechapel, the Ripper happened to leave the one and only physical clue below a piece of anti-semitic graffiti? All the same, I still think it's interesting that if the Ripper was the type of killer prone to communicating, why he didn't leave anymore messages after the GSG (assuming he never wrote any letters).

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                                You know what, screw it, I'm a change my vote. In all the doorways in all of Whitechapel, the Ripper happened to leave the one and only physical clue below a piece of anti-semitic graffiti? All the same, I still think it's interesting that if the Ripper was the type of killer prone to communicating, why he didn't leave anymore messages after the GSG (assuming he never wrote any letters).
                                This is my take as well. Probably the best possible explanation i've read is that the Ripper was in a particularly foul mood that evening due to "Lipski" and/or Diemschutz resulting in him venting out in form of the graffiti. I think that's plausible, but i still believe it's more likely he didn't write it. If that is the case it's sure one hell of a red herring though.

Comment

Working...
                                X