Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
    Hi Lynn,

Or one of the three wasn't where he said he was, when he said he was. I think I'd rule out Mitre Street as it would involve exiting west when (assuming the apron piece indicates direction of travel) he intended to head north-east.

Regards, Bridewell.
    Hi Bridewell,

Maybe Harvey really was a 6 foot invisible rabbit!

As for me, I wouldnt expect that the "trail" suggested by the apron represented the killers way home, or that he even left in that general direction from Mitre Square.

The PC passing the spot where the apron was later found near 3am,...(this pass at approx 2:20), stated "it was not there" when referring to the apron piece. There is ample time for the killer to have gone home, or any direction within a 15 to 20 minute walk, before the apron was left there. That would suggest of course that he must have gone back out to leave it at the doorway, either that or someone else did it. Those factors and that suggestion is what tilts me toward an association of both the writing and the cloth with the killer.

If he went out deliberately to leave it somewhere, as a message...would it be implausible to assume he might have left a written message as well?

Best regards
    Michael Richards

Comment

Hi all,

Really cool stuff here, Richard! Ilook forward to seeing the completed thing

Nicky
      ---------------------------------------------------
      "We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. And there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."
      - Ted Bundy

Comment

Question: Do you think these walk throughs would be better/ more atmospheric in black and white?

ta
        JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
        JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
        JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

You could possibly make that argument (or sepia tones at least) for the whole thing Richard, but, for what it's worth, I think sticking with the colour would be better.

All the best

Dave

Comment

Okay, I've done a bit more work on Mitre Square. I have almost finished the building I call 'Tonge3' (screenshot below). It not finished - it's a work in progress. Windows and textures are not the best. but for now it serves the purpose. Once all the square has been modelled I can then go back to each building in turn and update with versions 2, 3 etc. So for now consider the square Version 1.0 !

Only Tong3 has been light/shadow mapped. The others are still flat.

Visit and walk around the scene HERE (Click the 'Mitre Sqaure' link).

I Think I chose the wrong scene to start off this project. Modelling Mitre Square is bigger than I anticipated. I have started Miller's Court which is a bit more self contained (smaller scene) so I'm hoping it will turn out great. Also Hanbury Street should be much more mangable.

Let me know your thoughts.
            R
            Last edited by richardh; 11-26-2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Much improvement on what was already very good. I walked along Church Passage and was quite disappointed not to see Messrs Lavende, Levy & Harris. St James' Passage is seriously scary! Good effort. Really impressed.

Regards, Bridewell.
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

That's really fantastic Richard and has some nice detail

The lighting looks great

Comment

I agree with the two previous posters...it just gets better!

Nice one Richard!

All the best

Dave

Comment

cannot wait for millers court !! are we going to be able to enter room 13 ? now that would be special.....dont mean post murder, that might be a little unnerving.....the evening before would be good, lit fire, clothes on a chair; Mary could be out perhaps ? just a thought ! remains of some fish and potatos on a plate .....

Comment

I'm a bit late to this one, sorry. The links don't work for me, here 3 years after the original posts. Does anybody know if the 3D scene(s) are available elsewhere?

Comment

Hi
                        Had some problems and lost a lot of 3D stuff. What is still available can be found at my website (link in the signature below). There are some 3D Miller's Court Youtube videos available but the 3D 'walk-thrus' are no longer available at the moment. I have them on my PC but I've not -re-uploaded them yet.

The latest video I've done is of 29 Hanbury Street and can be found on YouTube HERE

Thanks

Originally posted by Oscar D'Oslavah View Post
                        I'm a bit late to this one, sorry. The links don't work for me, here 3 years after the original posts. Does anybody know if the 3D scene(s) are available elsewhere?

Comment

Good heavens, Richard, I see why the original posters were so impressed! Seeing Berner Street and Miller's Court like that is amazing. The sense of being there is incredible. It reminds me of when I visited Dealey Plaza in Dallas and saw for the first time what I'd seen so often in photographs. Amazing work--thank you!

Comment

Thank you very much for these quality 3D renditions of those most famous of murder sites.

You're bringing these sites back to life for a whole new generation of Ripperologists. Fantastic work.

Comment

Thank you Oscar.
                              Yes I visited the JFK site a few years ago as well and it was surreal. Standing on the grassy knoll, Actually standing on the concrete plinth that Zepruder took his cine film (the most famous cine film in history I reckon) and exploring the area behind the picket fence. It was a very odd feeling.

thank you for the kind comments

Originally posted by Oscar D'Oslavah View Post
                              Good heavens, Richard, I see why the original posters were so impressed! Seeing Berner Street and Miller's Court like that is amazing. The sense of being there is incredible. It reminds me of when I visited Dealey Plaza in Dallas and saw for the first time what I'd seen so often in photographs. Amazing work--thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X