Police "forensics" in the 19th century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police "forensics" in the 19th century

I do apologise if i'm rehashing old news, but i recently came across this forum after chatting to a friend from London, as we were both followers of different football teams from our respective cities, it got into a bit of light hearted banter... E.G what has Sheffield ever done for us etc...and i said Knives...he replied I'm sure Jack The Ripper was very grateful...this produced an hour long discussion about JTR...who he might have been etc . It transpired my friend had an interest in the subject, and his discussion piqued my interest, i found the rippercasts on the internet and have over the last few weeks listened to most of them, and browsed your forum...I honestly had no idea how much fog surrounded the subject, I knew of course he had never been caught...knew of the 5 murders, and the subsequent apparent disappearence...i knew nothing of the other murders that may or may not have been attributed to the same man.
    Anyway to cut (sorry) a long story short , i was simply wondering if the Police had identified a particular weapon that had been used in any of the murders, or how advanced such "forensics" were at the time..I apologise if there is already a thread on the subject, if so, and someone could point me to it I'd be grateful
    Cheers Andy
Working...
X