Why Buck's Row?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Just a quickie before I go to Norway tomorrow: You seem to have gotten this wrong. I do not claim that the abdominal wounds came first. I claim that it seems that Llewellyn was of that meaning, and I put stock in what he says. I think it fits the overall evidence picture, and if I am asked what I THINK applies, yes, I think that the abdominal wounds preceded the neck wounds.

That is however not the same as any claiming on my behalf that the abdominal wounds must have come first. And to me, this is a very important distinction that so often gets lost when people are trying to understand (or not) what I say and think.

I was never in any position to make any claim at all about the factualities about the matter. Nor did I do so, Steve. I hope you can appreciate that.

Why do you feel the need to distance yourself from so much.
    You appear to be saying that it's not you view, but that of Llewellyn, that's fine.. However you make it clear that you believe much if not all of what he says, indeed in this post you say you put stock in what he says.

So it's really very simple, do you think the abdomenial wounds were first?

Only 3 answers: Yes, No or Don't know.

It will be interesting to all, to allow them to understand this important distinction you claim, when we compare the answer to posts on the subject over the past say 10 months.

Now I´m off again, probably for a number of weeks. When I return, I will put you right on a couple of scores where I think you have gone wrong. Hopefully, your take on the Mizen scam will have gone public by then.

All good things...
    I look forward to it. Maybe I will correct your possible mistakes, who knows!
    A shame you have not contributed so far.

I doubt my views will be out by then. October/November is what I am looking at.

Steve

Comment

Just a quickie before I go to Norway tomorrow: You seem to have gotten this wrong. I do not claim that the abdominal wounds came first. I claim that it seems that Llewellyn was of that meaning, and I put stock in what he says. I think it fits the overall evidence picture, and if I am asked what I THINK applies, yes, I think that the abdominal wounds preceded the neck wounds.

That is however not the same as any claiming on my behalf that the abdominal wounds must have come first. And to me, this is a very important distinction that so often gets lost when people are trying to understand (or not) what I say and think.

I was never in any position to make any claim at all about the factualities about the matter. Nor did I do so, Steve. I hope you can appreciate that.

Now I´m off again, probably for a number of weeks. When I return, I will put you right on a couple of scores where I think you have gone wrong. Hopefully, your take on the Mizen scam will have gone public by then.

All good things...
      Hi Fish
      enjoy your trip-Norway is the home of my ancestors and Ive always wanted to visit.

Comment

• Elamarna:

You appear to be saying that it's not you view, but that of Llewellyn, that's fine.. However you make it clear that you believe much if not all of what he says, indeed in this post you say you put stock in what he says.

I do not distance myself at all. I don´t think claiming things as facts is sound when it cannot be done. That is not distancing myself, it is being realistic and truthful.

You say there can be only three answers. But I need to employ two of them to be honest:

Yes, I think the abdominal wounds were first. But no, I do not know it.

That is how I do it, and frankly, I do not see how it can be done in any other way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          Hi Fish
          enjoy your trip-Norway is the home of my ancestors and Ive always wanted to visit.
          It is a stunning country, Abby. In hope you get the chance to visit it some time. Me, I am going up there for a weeks´ fishing; sofa-table size halibut, 40 pound cod and a large number of other species, all surrounded by beatiful mountainsides diving down into the fiord, circling sea eagles, a lot of moose and numerous species of whales, such as killer whales and sperm whales. And best of all, I am bringing my son along. If I have any problems reeling in the big´uns, I can always turn to him. Reaching six foot five and weighing in at around 250 pounds, he´s gonna be a challenge for the fish...

Over and out now!

Comment

Elamarna:

I do not distance myself at all. I don´t think claiming things as facts is sound when it cannot be done. That is not distancing myself, it is being realistic and truthful.

You say there can be only three answers. But I need to employ two of them to be honest:

That is how I do it, and frankly, I do not see how it can be done in any other way.
            Why don´t you use the quote function, Fisherman.
            Last edited by Pierre; 08-23-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

It is a stunning country, Abby. In hope you get the chance to visit it some time. Me, I am going up there for a weeks´ fishing; sofa-table size halibut, 40 pound cod and a large number of other species, all surrounded by beatiful mountainsides diving down into the fiord, circling sea eagles, a lot of moose and numerous species of whales, such as killer whales and sperm whales. And best of all, I am bringing my son along. If I have any problems reeling in the big´uns, I can always turn to him. Reaching six foot five and weighing in at around 250 pounds, he´s gonna be a challenge for the fish...

Over and out now!
              he'll fit right in with all the Vikings-Good luck have fun Fish!

Comment

Elamarna:

And Christer I agree we cannot be sure. However you do believe it, so I fail to see the distinction you make. Maybe it's a language thing.

Have a good time

Steve

Comment

I am going up there for a weeks´ fishing; sofa-table size halibut, 40 pound cod and a large number of other species, all surrounded by beautiful mountainsides... And best of all, I am bringing my son along. If I have any problems reeling in the big´uns, I can always turn to him.
                  You'd eat your son? You **** ghoul!

(Happy hols, Fish )
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• All murder sites, except Mary Kelly's home, were relatively high-risk, exposed public areas. All the prostitutes, except Kelly, had no homes to take their clients to, and had to conduct their business in public places. Of course, the killer could have chosen prostitutes who had homes, like Kelly. But perhaps the killer didn't mind so much the possibility of getting caught, which is an important characteristic for possible profiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by YomRippur View Post
                      All murder sites, except Mary Kelly's home, were relatively high-risk, exposed public areas. All the prostitutes, except Kelly, had no homes to take their clients to, and had to conduct their business in public places.
                      That was the norm, sadly. I don't think we can read much into Kelly's living indoors, as comparatively few prostitutes would have had that luxury. I think the Ripper took his opportunities where he could, and he must have thanked his lucky stars to discover that his last victim had a place of her own.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        he must have thanked his lucky stars to discover that his last victim had a place of her own.
                        So, you do consider Kelly his last victim? May I ask why?

Thx,

curious

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
                          So, you do consider Kelly his last victim? May I ask why?
                          He's escalating, and I find it difficult to believe that he'd have "de-escalated" after Kelly. She was, and remains, one of the most extreme examples of mutilation murder in the annals of crime, and I'd have expected more of the same - or, at least, something comparable to Eddowes, Chapman or Nichols, had the killer continued. If the Ripper didn't kill Kelly, and I understand the doubts some people have in that regard, then why did he stop at Eddowes?
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

He's escalating, and I find it difficult to believe that he'd have "de-escalated" after Kelly. She was, and remains, one of the most extreme examples of mutilation murder in the annals of crime, and I'd have expected more of the same - or, at least, something comparable to Eddowes, Chapman or Nichols, had the killer continued. If the Ripper didn't kill Kelly, and I understand the doubts some people have in that regard, then why did he stop at Eddowes?
                            Intriguing.

Thanks.

I've been trying to decipher McKenzie, but can't make her fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                              The Manchester Guardian, 10th September 1888, confirmed the bloodstains in the passage of 29 Hanbury Street whilst offering the most sublimely ridiculous explanation for their presence—

“There were some marks of blood observable in the passage, but it is now known that these were caused during the work of removal of some packing cases, the edges of which accidentally came in contact with the blood upon the spot from which the unhappy victim was removed.”

And if you believe that, I know a recently deposed Nigerian prince who is eager to put £27 million into your bank account.
                              In the Star 8th Sept, there is a mention of packing cases being used to cover the bloodstains in the yard, so if they were later moved through the house they could easily have left a trail as later described;

"PAYING TO VIEW THE SCENE.
                              For several hours past the occupants of the adjoining house have been charging an admission fee of one penny to people anxious to view the spot where the body was found. Several hundreds of people have availed themselves of this opportunity, though all that can be seen are a couple of packing cases from beneath which is the stain of a blood track."

Comment

What if he couldn't find another prostitute with her own digs?

Comment

Working...
                                X