Just to say hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to say hi

Hey all, I'm new to posting on the boards but not new to the site. I also listen to the podcast and must say I find it very informative.

I do have a question regarding the case, I have read a lot of information and was wondering if anyone looked into jtr being a doctor who was purposely killing the way he was just to cover his tracks?

I'm not looking to start anything as I am just curious if anyone has researched that possibility.

For the record my fave suspects are Chapman and Kosminski. Perhaps working together, doubtful I know but interesting none the less.

Hi Nitemares,

A doctor covering himself for various reasons is several poster's favorite pet theories.

Welcome, by the way.
    Last edited by Shaggyrand; 03-20-2016, 09:41 PM.
    I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

+1

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

It does make for an interesting topic, as I said I don't believe in the Doctor theory at all, just thought I would ask.

Comment

Welcome to Casebook nitemares
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hello, hope you enjoy your time here!

Comment

Welcome!
                “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

Originally posted by Nitemares View Post
                  It does make for an interesting topic, as I said I don't believe in the Doctor theory at all, just thought I would ask.
                  Hi Nitemares,

Welcome! If you're anywhere near Baltimore on April 8 weekend, there is a Jack the Ripper conference with Marin Fido as the keynote speaker. For filler, they've asked me to speak, and I will be presenting a number of doctor theories and a volume of other new finds. That fact that you asked about it means you will love it. There is more to the story, so your disbelief will be challenged! Do what the rest of us Ripper enthusiasts do when we encounter evidence that conflicts with our beliefs, jump back on the fence on the subject and "reserve judgment". Be warned; my job is to break that fence!

Sincerely,
                  Mike
                  The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                  http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Hello, Nitemares.

Welcome to the jungle!

Originally posted by Nitemares View Post
                    I do have a question regarding the case, I have read a lot of information and was wondering if anyone looked into jtr being a doctor who was purposely killing the way he was just to cover his tracks?
                    I've seen it argued that Mary Kelly's murder was the result of a botched abortion. I don't see how a serial killing doctor would've mutilated his victims to cover his tracks because at one point the apparent surgical knowledge of the killer incriminated doctors and medical students. Sounds counter-intuitive to me, unless you can think of a reason?

Comment

A belated welcome, Nitemares.

I believe the Mary was pregnant/ killer disguised as a midwife thing was given some serious consideration by some, until Dr Bond's postmortem report on Kelly was rediscovered years later having gone missing for decades. She wasn't pregnant.
                      Last edited by Rosella; 03-21-2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

thanks everyone for the welcome. as for the doctor theory like I said I just thought it could be interesting to look into, however I do not believe JTR was a doctor by any means.

Comment

Welcome Nitemares....you will find so much interesting stuff on the boards that one day you may like the Dr. theory, then the next day not, then you will again... part of the fun of Ripperology...

And as Mike said, if you are anywhere near Baltimore... you really should attend...I'll be there ( that alone is a selling point right?) and so many great speakers...and as Mike pointed out, he has some AMAZING things to reveal at the convention (I was lucky enough to get a bit of a sneak peak.. as we live in the same general area)...it's going to be an amazing event!!!

and if I may ask, how long have you been interested in Ripperology?

Steadmund Brand
                          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Sadly I live in Canada and will not be able to attend as much as I would love to.

I have been interested in the case since 1988 when I saw the mini series on TV.
                            My personal thoughts on JTR is two people and right now I favor George Chapman and Aaron Kosminski. I am working on finding a link for the two of them as true or not I would like to see if thier paths ever crossed and if so could it be possible that the two of them worked together as JTR...

Needless to say this is gonna take a while and any info I can find on both of them would help.

Comment

Working...
                            X