Funny headline from where I live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Carol (and Julie!)

Please look after yourself, Dave, and be a good boy and do what both your doctor and your wife tell you.
    I hope not! My missus always tells me to go to hell (what a woman!)...

As regards the quack, he's brilliant...

All the very best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
      Jordan, this thread started off well, and I was perfectly prepared to have a sensible debate. However, you persist in mis-quoting and mis-representing what other poster have written.

The one and only thing I wrote about Cuba was concerning its healthcare service which does not treat people on their ability to pay.

The points I made about smoking were that the government has a duty to inform people about the dangers of smoking and they have a duty to protect citzens from other people's actions (breathing in their smoke).

Maybe I am getting old, but it seems to me my points are reasonable and don't add up to me being the kind of citizen who should be regarded with suspicion.

One last thing, I have highlighted you comment about - everybody is concerned with profit and money'. With respect Jordan, I think you are going to struggle a bit if you go through life believing this.
      Regarded with suspicion? When did I accuse you of that? I disagree with you and others opinions! I never said you or anyone was a bad person. How exactly am I going to struggle with life if I am concerned with making a living? Somehow if I am concerned about money that makes me not concerned about others? Really?
      Jordan

Comment

"As someone who last November had a minor heart attack..."
        You were watching "Coronation St" when someone started acting.

Look after yourself, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainzCooper View Post
          Regarded with suspicion? When did I accuse you of that? I disagree with you and others opinions! I never said you or anyone was a bad person. How exactly am I going to struggle with life if I am concerned with making a living? Somehow if I am concerned about money that makes me not concerned about others? Really?
          Jordan
          There you go again, mis-quoting me. My comments were not about being concerned with making a living but with your comment:

"EVERYONE is concerned with profit and making money! This notion of 'I'm not in it for the money' is BS nobody thinks that way, come on"

If you believe EVERYONE is concerned with profit and making money, you are quite wrong.

Comment

There you go again, mis-quoting me. My comments were not about being concerned with making a living but with your comment:

"EVERYONE is concerned with profit and making money! This notion of 'I'm not in it for the money' is BS nobody thinks that way, come on"

If you believe EVERYONE is concerned with profit and making money, you are quite wrong.
            Being concerned about making a living is the same thing as being concerned about making money! Its how you make a living by earning a paycheck! Thats what I'm posting about! And when did I say you were a suspicious person? We're just having a discussion and you bring that up? Again, when did I type that? Please direct me to the post where I typed that about you
            Jordan

Comment

Being concerned about making a living is the same thing as being concerned about making money! Its how you make a living by earning a paycheck! Thats what I'm posting about! And when did I say you were a suspicious person? We're just having a discussion and you bring that up? Again, when did I type that? Please direct me to the post where I typed that about you
              Jordan
              Jordan, you wrote "EVERYONE is concerned with profit and making money. This notion of I'm not in it for the money is BS'

That doesn't come across to me as 'everyone is concerned about making a living'. I make a living but I make a profit for no one.

Regarding the suspicious person issue, well, your comments were actually stronger than that. I am in fact, according to you, a dangerous person

I quote:

Bottom line is if some people on the board think that smoking should be outlawed on sidewalks to benefit the 'greater good', that Cuba is a thriving oasis in the Caribbean, and that health insurers are akin to Drug Dealers and pimps then fine, think that way. I chose however to think that these are extreme and dangerous opinions to have

Now, you base this idea of danger, not on things that I have actually written, but things you have mis-quoted (I never suggested that Cuba was a thriving oasis).

So, in reality, is it 'dangerous' to hold the opinion that Cuba's healthcare excludes none of it's citizens on the basis of their ability to pay - or is this just the truth?

Is it 'dangerous' to hold the opinion that smoking is harmful, and that inflicting that harm on to others should be kept to a minimum? Is it 'dangerous' to hold the opinion that a government has a duty to pass on information to its citizens about substances that might harm them?

Are these really dangerous and extreme opinions?

Comment

I can't see what is wrong with making a profit. (unless you're offically a non-profit making business).

Here's a scam being perpetrated by the British National Health Service.....my mother is in hospital and I looked at the breakfast menu (hidden amongst the patient's notes). It stated "The patient has a choice of any of these items....eggs fried, boiled, scrambled or poached, bacon, sausage, tomatoes, baked beans, cornflakes, porridge, bran flakes or rice crispies, choice of white or brown bread, toasted or plain with butter and marmalade"

I asked mum why she didn't have a cooked breakfast and she said that all she was offered was cornflakes or bread and butter. I asked the nurse about this and she took the menu from me and looked at it incredulously. She had never seen it before. The nurse told me that patients NEVER have anything other than cornflakes or bran flakes and break and butter (and tea).

It must look very good to the politicians who look at the hospital menus and think everyone is being well catered for. They must wonder why people are complaining.
                Last edited by louisa; 08-12-2012, 12:25 PM. Reason: text editing.
                This is simply my opinion

Comment

Jordan, you wrote "EVERYONE is concerned with profit and making money. This notion of I'm not in it for the money is BS'

That doesn't come across to me as 'everyone is concerned about making a living'. I make a living but I make a profit for no one.

Regarding the suspicious person issue, well, your comments were actually stronger than that. I am in fact, according to you, a dangerous person

I quote:

Bottom line is if some people on the board think that smoking should be outlawed on sidewalks to benefit the 'greater good', that Cuba is a thriving oasis in the Caribbean, and that health insurers are akin to Drug Dealers and pimps then fine, think that way. I chose however to think that these are extreme and dangerous opinions to have

Now, you base this idea of danger, not on things that I have actually written, but things you have mis-quoted (I never suggested that Cuba was a thriving oasis).

So, in reality, is it 'dangerous' to hold the opinion that Cuba's healthcare excludes none of it's citizens on the basis of their ability to pay - or is this just the truth?

Is it 'dangerous' to hold the opinion that smoking is harmful, and that inflicting that harm on to others should be kept to a minimum? Is it 'dangerous' to hold the opinion that a government has a duty to pass on information to its citizens about substances that might harm them?

Are these really dangerous and extreme opinions?
                  Making a living is the same thing as making money! I never called you a dangerous person that appears nowhere on this forum. Sorry but I think it is dangerous to think Cuba's healthcare and therefore their country is a great system and great place. Ask any of the millions of exiles in south Florida how great Cuba is they will tell you a very different story. Their property and way of life was stolen from them by an army of thugs who are still in power. So of course when I mention the healthcare there I am going to think of the country itself! I never said smoking wasn't harmful! Whats even MORE harmful is the County Government wasting time and money to pass and enact harsh laws like no smoking on sidewalks then to top it all off announcing it at a freakin' renovated tobacco warehouse! That is beyond the pale and insulting to citizens intelligence who can come to their own decisions about what they want to ingest into their bodies. I mean come on, what is next months law and proclamation going to be? No eating ice cream on sidewalks because its bad for you? And then are they going to announce it at Baskin Robbins? Come on! So yes I think the erosion of personal freedom and personal responsibility IS dangerous
                  Jordan
                  Last edited by ChainzCooper; 08-12-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by louisa View Post
                    I can't see what is wrong with making a profit. (unless you're offically a non-profit making business).

Here's a scam being perpetrated by the British National Health Service.....my mother is in hospital and I looked at the breakfast menu (hidden amongst the patient's notes). It stated "The patient has a choice of any of these items....eggs fried, boiled, scrambled or poached, bacon, sausage, tomatoes, baked beans, cornflakes, porridge, bran flakes or rice crispies, choice of white or brown bread, toasted or plain with butter and marmalade"

I asked mum why she didn't have a cooked breakfast and she said that all she was offered was cornflakes or bread and butter. I asked the nurse about this and she took the menu from me and looked at it incredulously. She had never seen it before. The nurse told me that patients NEVER have anything other than cornflakes or bran flakes and break and butter (and tea).

It must look very good to the politicians who look at the hospital menus and think everyone is being well catered for. They must wonder why people are complaining.
                    Man that is sad your Mom is in the hospital and all they gave her for breakfast was cornflakes and bread. I hope her health improves and that she receives some good meals
                    Jordan

Comment

Making a living is the same thing as making money! I never called you a dangerous person that appears nowhere on this forum. Sorry but I think it is dangerous to think Cuba's healthcare and therefore their country is a great system and great place. Ask any of the millions of exiles in south Florida how great Cuba is they will tell you a very different story. Their property and way of life was stolen from them by an army of thugs who are still in power. So of course when I mention the healthcare there I am going to think of the country itself! I never said smoking wasn't harmful! Whats even MORE harmful is the County Government wasting time and money to pass and enact harsh laws like no smoking on sidewalks then to top it all off announcing it at a freakin' renovated tobacco warehouse! That is beyond the pale and insulting to citizens intelligence who can come to their own decisions about what they want to ingest into their bodies. I mean come on, what is next months law and proclamation going to be? No eating ice cream on sidewalks because its bad for you? And then are they going to announce it at Baskin Robbins? Come on! So yes I think the erosion of personal freedom and personal responsibility IS dangerous
                      Jordan

1. I mentioned only Cuba's healthcare. Nothing else about Cuba.
                      2. You might want to do a bit of research about how many Cuban exiles there actually are in the USA. Since 1959, a little under one million people have left Cuba for the USA. It's not millions, it's a little under ONE million - in 55 years.

Comment

1. I mentioned only Cuba's healthcare. Nothing else about Cuba.
                        2. You might want to do a bit of research about how many Cuban exiles there actually are in the USA. Since 1959, a little under one million people have left Cuba for the USA. It's not millions, it's a little under ONE million - in 55 years.
                        If its 1,000, 100,000, one million, 45646346 million what difference does it make????? Go tell any exile in Dade County or any of their family members how great you think Cuba is. Go ahead and give it a try I GUARANTEE they will not respond to you favorably
                        Jordan

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and not post on this anymore. I have enjoyed the discussion and hearing your viewpoint
                          Jordan

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and not post on this anymore. I have enjoyed the discussion and hearing your viewpoint
                            Jordan
                            Fine. I feel the same.

Comment

Working...
                            X