No announcement yet.

Funny headline from where I live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not say we have the best health care system in the world. We have the best health care system in the world for people who can afford it. I always find it amusing when people think that a system that is defined purely for profit could be considered the best when it comes to taking care of people. It's purely contradictory. Health insurance companies are in it for profit, so they are hardly going to promote spending money on keeping people well. That's just counter-intuitive. Idiots in America don't even realize we are getting charged up to four times what every other country pays for its medicines and treatments. Got to LOVE for profit healthcare.

That right there is a product of our faulty education system. Morons lack critical thinking skills. Good thing an educated citizenship isn't needed for things like, oh, national defense, forming the jury pool, policing the border. Let's just let a bunch of ignorant, uneducated dumbasses handle that.

"Wat's thes chere button thang say, Earl" "Sez dew nort push new clear" "Hell Iz dunno pusher and seez what happens!

Yep. Let's just raise up illiterate hillbillies and see how well all that "border defense" and maintaining a justice system goes.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Why do you think making a profit and earning a living is so bad? If you somehow want to better your life and make money that makes you a bad person. Give me a break
      Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
        Really? The best health care in the world That's not what I've been hearing. There was a documentary on TV a while back that said many people on low incomes couldn't afford health care and couldn't get the treatment they need because there were no funds to cover it.

I think Cuba has a much better health care system than the USA.
        Cuba has awful health care nothing in Cuba is better than the USA that place has been run into the ground by Castro
        Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by ChainzCooper View Post
          Cuba has awful health care nothing in Cuba is better than the USA that place has been run into the ground by Castro
          Jordan
          Sorry Jordan, but this is wrong. My daughter is a healthcare professional and she has visited Cuba to research how things are done there. It is true that the BUILDINGS are run down, but the level of training, expertise and actual health care at the point of delivery is excellent. Cuba also trains health professionals from other countries (yes - some Americans go to Cuba for their healthcare training - including doctors) and it is the first country to offer help when there is a disaster anywhere in the world. Cuba will train docotrs free - even those who have not been born in the country.

Comment

Why do you think making a profit and earning a living is so bad? If you somehow want to better your life and make money that makes you a bad person. Give me a break
            Jordan
            There is nothing wrong with making a profit and there is certainly nothing wrong with earning a living. I am all for profit as long as the proceeds are shared fairly and are not made through expoitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
              I would not say we have the best health care system in the world. We have the best health care system in the world for people who can afford it. I always find it amusing when people think that a system that is defined purely for profit could be considered the best when it comes to taking care of people. It's purely contradictory. Health insurance companies are in it for profit, so they are hardly going to promote spending money on keeping people well. That's just counter-intuitive. Idiots in America don't even realize we are getting charged up to four times what every other country pays for its medicines and treatments. Got to LOVE for profit healthcare.

That right there is a product of our faulty education system. Morons lack critical thinking skills. Good thing an educated citizenship isn't needed for things like, oh, national defense, forming the jury pool, policing the border. Let's just let a bunch of ignorant, uneducated dumbasses handle that.

"Wat's thes chere button thang say, Earl" "Sez dew nort push new clear" "Hell Iz dunno pusher and seez what happens!

Yep. Let's just raise up illiterate hillbillies and see how well all that "border defense" and maintaining a justice system goes.
              Exactly Ally. Well said.

Comment

Jordan
                Oh of course, making a profit and earning a living, that's all that matters. Doesn't matter how you do it. Pimps? Just entertainment managers! Drug dealers selling crack to middle schoolers? Investors in their profitable future! Insurance companies denying health insurance to people who have a pre-existing condition because it's not "cost-benefit effective", taking premiums from people for ten years then cancelling their insurance when they get cancer, trumping up phony reasons to cancel their policy when they get sick because they never mentioned they had measles in the third grade, yeah, all just people trying to make a profit. Doesn't make them bad people, and hey what's wrong with making a profit. Just because certain people are going to die based on your prioritizing profit, nah, doesn't make them bad people.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

There is nothing wrong with making a profit and there is certainly nothing wrong with earning a living. I am all for profit as long as the proceeds are shared fairly and are not made through expoitation.
                  Yeah thats right lets share our money with others fairly. I think I'll start by cashing my next paycheck and go around town handing out money to bums on the street because thats only fair
                  Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                    Oh of course, making a profit and earning a living, that's all that matters. Doesn't matter how you do it. Pimps? Just entertainment managers! Drug dealers selling crack to middle schoolers? Investors in their profitable future! Insurance companies denying health insurance to people who have a pre-existing condition because it's not "cost-benefit effective", taking premiums from people for ten years then cancelling their insurance when they get cancer, trumping up phony reasons to cancel their policy when they get sick because they never mentioned they had measles in the third grade, yeah, all just people trying to make a profit. Doesn't make them bad people, and hey what's wrong with making a profit. Just because certain people are going to die based on your prioritizing profit, nah, doesn't make them bad people.
                    Wow I guess thats where you and me differ. You compare health insurance providers with Drug Dealers and Pimps. I hope you can see a difference between the two if not then I guess theres nothing I can type on this screen to change your mind
                    Jordan

Comment

Sorry Jordan, but this is wrong. My daughter is a healthcare professional and she has visited Cuba to research how things are done there. It is true that the BUILDINGS are run down, but the level of training, expertise and actual health care at the point of delivery is excellent. Cuba also trains health professionals from other countries (yes - some Americans go to Cuba for their healthcare training - including doctors) and it is the first country to offer help when there is a disaster anywhere in the world. Cuba will train docotrs free - even those who have not been born in the country.
                      Cuba is a dump ask the millions of refugees in Florida and around the U.S. how great Castro is. He stole people's businesses and lands all for himself so that makes him a hero? Cuba has even now admitted that they got it wrong with this BS Che' revolution in opening the first Restaurant since the Batista regime this year
                      Jordan

Comment

Hi Jordan (?)

Trouble is, when it comes to a set of postings like this, lots of us with no particular first-hand experience, have to form opinions based on what we can research, (usually books, internet, or similar), and what we know of the relevant posters...

So bearing in mind that libraries or search-engines MAY only show what a regime wishes to show, (and we're well aware of this), we look at posters and their pedigree...should we trust and believe somebody who always posts in full and clearly has a social conscience or somebody who inevitably sits on the sidelines and posts the occasional cryptic or sarcastic comment?

You tell me

Dave

Comment

Wow I guess thats where you and me differ. You compare health insurance providers with Drug Dealers and Pimps. I hope you can see a difference between the two if not then I guess theres nothing I can type on this screen to change your mind
                          Jordan
                          It's a perfectly apt comparison. None of them actually gives a flaming crap about their customers health. They are all in it for the profit.

And I noticed you didn't bother addressing the substance of what health insurance companies do to their clients, in denying procedures, in canceling policies, in driving up the costs of medicines, etc. Nah, so much easier to just mindlessly chant "We're number 1, We're number 1" rather than actually reading about the facts.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Nobody in health insurance gives a crap about their customers health? Are you serious?
                            Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                              Hi Jordan (?)

Trouble is, when it comes to a set of postings like this, lots of us with no particular first-hand experience, have to form opinions based on what we can research, (usually books, internet, or similar), and what we know of the relevant posters...

So bearing in mind that libraries or search-engines MAY only show what a regime wishes to show, (and we're well aware of this), we look at posters and their pedigree...should we trust and believe somebody who always posts in full and clearly has a social conscience or somebody who inevitably sits on the sidelines and posts the occasional cryptic or sarcastic comment?

You tell me

Dave
                              I don't know Dave, which of the two types of posters would you file me under?
                              Jordan

Comment

Yeah thats right lets share our money with others fairly. I think I'll start by cashing my next paycheck and go around town handing out money to bums on the street because thats only fair
                                Jordan
                                That's not what my post implied at all. I mentioned nothing at all about people on streets. I wrote that PROFIT should be shared fairly. That means paying producers a fair price for their raw products and paying staff a fair price for their labour. It's all about ethical business practices.

Comment

Working...
                                X