Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Philip
    Glad you saw the Gnome footage - it is weird
    For some reason the first thing that came to mind was the dwarf in a duffle coat from Don't Look Now!
    Chris

Comment

The Gnomes are the cyptoids that will be blamed for nothing!

The footage is a little spooky, but I was just reminded of a short person, or person with disabilities on his way home or something. I didn't think it was sinister, otherwise the gnome would have made a better effort at concealment rather than taking ages to walk across the road. It was almost as if if he was avoiding the group of kids, and I bet he has his own video in which he fimed a bunch of foreigners dancing around a fountain!!
      Regards Mike

Comment

Chris, I thought the same, or something Blair Witch-y.

I suspect that The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn is an album which is oft played in Durham.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Any opinions, gentlemen, on cryptid synchronicity, as sung by The Police. Many sightings of the Loch Ness Monster occured in 1933....Napoleon's brother saw the gryphon-like Jersey Devil a couple of years after Waterloo. Those are just two examples of the phenomenon that I can think of where I've matched the cryptid to the world event. Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes not.
          Black panthers in England?....

Comment

Ivan T. Sanderson

During WWII, my mother worked for British Information Services in NYC. She talked about an interesting man who had an office there, Ivan T. Sanderson, who was involved in secret service stuff. She was interested to find out that his major work was in cryptozoology, a term he apparently coined.
            Joan

I ain't no student of ancient culture. Before I talk, I should read a book. -- The B52s

Comment

I always found "Nessie" my favorite mysterious creature, but every time I read about it nowadays more of the "legend" is chipped away. Now that famous 1934 "shadow" picture is revealed to be a total fraud.

But if the coelocanth (is that how it is spelled) could be rediscovered so can other long lost species.

Still, I keep recalling the words of Dr. James Mortimer, regarding the death of a neighbor and the scene of the death. There were some tracks in the ally, and he told his listener, "Mr. Holmes, they were the footprints of a gigantic hound!"

Jeff

Comment

Heres a webpage dedicated to just this topic!

Cheers,

Ryan Miller

Comment

Working...
                X