I think I have found him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
    Each time I get the 'I think I have found him' email notification, I say to myself "Maybe this time, I'll get it" as a kid waiting for the birthday present he always wanted but never got would be doing.

Well, maybe next year. LOL

I am so sorry. No, not this year either, it seems

Comment

• Originally posted by Marie Antoinette View Post
      I can not think of any person who would have been a shocking reveal.
      Maybe, except Abberline himself.

It seems every man alive in 1888 were at some point in history blaimed for the murders.

I wonder if this is my first post?
      Nope not even that'd shock me.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I can not think of any person who would have been a shocking reveal.
        Maybe, except Abberline himself.

It seems every man alive in 1888 were at some point in history blaimed for the murders.

I wonder if this is my first post?
        It's your first post as Marie Antoinette.

Comment

• Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post

Then it was my first post ever. I registered long time ago, and read here almost every day, but I dont feel I have anything interesting to say re Ripper.

Comment

Then it was my first post ever. I registered long time ago, and read here almost every day, but I dont feel I have anything interesting to say re Ripper.
            That never stops anyone else. Jump right in any time you're so inclined.

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
              That never stops anyone else. Jump right in any time you're so inclined.
              Ain't that the truth.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Do you think the murderer took his secret to his grave or was there someone, somewhere, perhaps people in privileged positions who knew but dared not make it public?

I read an article in the Daily Fail about a court battle between a Ripper researcher and the Met Police regarding disclosing documents that are said to include four new suspects for the serial killings and have 36,000 entries detailing police interaction with informants between 1888 to 1912.

The article reads "However, Scotland Yard reportedly believes disclosing the names could hinder recruiting and gathering information from modern informants, affecting terrorism investigations - and even lead to the Victorians' relatives being attacked.

Author and former police officer, Trevor Marriott, has tried for three years to see uncensored versions of the documents. He has previously applied under the Freedom of Information Act and, when that was refused, he appealed to the Information Commissioner, which also rejected his attempt.

He has now appealed to the Information Tribunal, which is expected to release its decision later this year."

I guess the outcome wasn't in the favor of the ex officer and I agree with him about the absurdity of the reasons given for this censorship.

Comment

• Hello Storm,

Trevor is here so you can ask him about any updates.

There is an old thread about it, somewhere on site if you want to get the full info on what happened.
                  dustymiller
                  aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by Storm Teacup View Post
                    Do you think the murderer took his secret to his grave or was there someone, somewhere, perhaps people in privileged positions who knew but dared not make it public?

I read an article in the Daily Fail about a court battle between a Ripper researcher and the Met Police regarding disclosing documents that are said to include four new suspects for the serial killings and have 36,000 entries detailing police interaction with informants between 1888 to 1912.

The article reads "However, Scotland Yard reportedly believes disclosing the names could hinder recruiting and gathering information from modern informants, affecting terrorism investigations - and even lead to the Victorians' relatives being attacked.

Author and former police officer, Trevor Marriott, has tried for three years to see uncensored versions of the documents. He has previously applied under the Freedom of Information Act and, when that was refused, he appealed to the Information Commissioner, which also rejected his attempt.

He has now appealed to the Information Tribunal, which is expected to release its decision later this year."

I guess the outcome wasn't in the favor of the ex officer and I agree with him about the absurdity of the reasons given for this censorship.
                    The only update is that I recently re submitted another request based on new information only to be told that these records have now been destroyed. I have to say that from what I saw and was able to establish, these records were probably the most interesting and informative historical police records I have ever come across.

If you want to read about them and my quest in full, all can be found in "Jack the Ripper-The secret Police Files"

Comment

• ......still not been found then ho hum...

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
                        ......still not been found then ho hum...
                        Or lost again.
                        G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
                          I see what you did there..
                          “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

• [QUOTE=Storm Teacup;392742]

Hi,

Why to 1912?

Does anyone know why?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;392847]
                              Originally posted by Storm Teacup View Post

Hi,

Why to 1912?

Does anyone know why?

Regards, Pierre
                              Because the ledgers went from 1888-1912 in different volumes

Comment

• [QUOTE=Trevor Marriott;392852]
                                Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Because the ledgers went from 1888-1912 in different volumes

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                                Hi Trevor,

but what can be the reason(s) for the fact that 1912 is the last year?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Working...
                                X