The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Tom Wescott suggested that a while back, not sure if he also put it into any published works of his as well. I also dont think that its probable, any more that the "Juives" idea was. I think taking the find as something that was placed, not just discarded, one has to consider the apron section and the writing as something to be taken together to make whatever message he intended. The apron section needs no explanation, it show clearly that the Mitre Square killer was there. The message, if in concert with the apron, despite being vague, might be the only communication from a killer of one of the Canonicals. Thats enough reason to have taken an image I think, and I would have been delighted to have a chance to see that and the Lusk letter together to compare.

I finished reading Tom’s Confidential on Friday and the suggestion is in there Michael.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      i still say its jutes.
      Agreed. A Juwesh ones.
      Last edited by DJA; 07-13-2019, 09:06 PM.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• The Jutes were a Germanic/Scandanavian people who invaded, along with the more famous Angles and Saxons, [and settled] in Southern England around 500 AD.

Comment

• Particularly in Kent during The Migration Period. More late 4th century.

They had earlier acted as mercenaries for the Romans.

I carry Danish blood and live in Oz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post
            The Jutes were a Germanic/Scandanavian people who invaded, along with the more famous Angles and Saxons, [and settled] in Southern England around 500 AD.
            If the GSG was complaining about the Jutes, whoever wrote it must have had a massive chip on his shoulder
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

If the GSG was complaining about the Jutes, whoever wrote it must have had a massive chip on his shoulder
              They knew how to hold a grudge in those days Sam
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                Particularly in Kent during The Migration Period. More late 4th century.

They had earlier acted as mercenaries for the Romans.

I carry Danish blood and live in Oz.
                Why do you carry Danish blood, isn't it available in Oz?
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Should be sacked. The whole lot of you.

Comment

• Well, Kate had been hop picking in Kent, the Jutes settled mainly in Kent. She said she thought she knew who the killer was, perhaps she got her info while in Kent. She confronts the killer, he has to kill her so hence the message The Jutes are the men etc Simples

Comment

• I lean towards the view that the GSG was not written by Jack; I think he quickly popped into a concealed area to clean himself off a bit, probably not even noticing the graffito, and dashed off. However, I'd say I'm only 60% on this, for the following reason.

Anti-Semitism is a pretty common finding in those with mental illness. As Martin Amis has amusingly said, schizophrenics often have a pentagram of interests, which may include things as various as Mick Jagger or lightbulbs, but a commonality is the presence of anti-Semitism. Combined with the frequency of anti-Semitism in the press in the years preceding the killings, perhaps a switch flicked in Jack's mind in the summer of '88, and his Jew hatred manifested in the murders. As has been mentioned before, the killing of Liz Stride outside a Jewish club the same evening bolsters the link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmorty View Post
                        I lean towards the view that the GSG was not written by Jack; I think he quickly popped into a concealed area to clean himself off a bit, probably not even noticing the graffito, and dashed off. However, I'd say I'm only 60% on this, for the following reason.

Anti-Semitism is a pretty common finding in those with mental illness. As Martin Amis has amusingly said, schizophrenics often have a pentagram of interests, which may include things as various as Mick Jagger or lightbulbs, but a commonality is the presence of anti-Semitism. Combined with the frequency of anti-Semitism in the press in the years preceding the killings, perhaps a switch flicked in Jack's mind in the summer of '88, and his Jew hatred manifested in the murders. As has been mentioned before, the killing of Liz Stride outside a Jewish club the same evening bolsters the link.

Found this map of the Jewish population by neighborhood percentile in the East End by 1899, thought it provided an interesting overlay with the murder sites
                        ​​​​
                        there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• There's a larger, "zoomable", hi-res image of Arkell's Jewish East London map at the British Library website:

Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                          X