Mary Jane Kelly- a new play about her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Jane Kelly- a new play about her

For anyone interested in seeing a play about the last victim of Jack the Ripper, "The Only Girl in the World, a Play of Jack the Ripper" by Glyn Maxwell opens 29th April 2008- 24th May 2008 at The Arcola Theatre, London, UK. (www.arcolatheatre.com) It's a stunning short play based on the information collected by the police and news reporters about Mary's life. So many details from the case are woven into the play, from the broken window in Miller's Court to "The Violet I plucked from Mother's Grave". Here is the link to the theatre web page for further details. http://www.arcolatheatre.com/?action...mplate&sid=247 "The Only Girl in the World, a play of Jack the Ripper" promises to be very popular so advance booking is recommended.
    Attached Files

Hello 888KJ888!

Unfortunately I am not making a trip to London this spring or summer!

But to see a play about her would be interesting, since the information about her is open to any direction...

And Jennifer Kidd has a kind of outlook, that the real-life Mary may have had - at least before ending up drinking in the East End!

Anyway, I hope someone from these boards tells his or her views about the play, whenever having seen the play!

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
    X