I beg to report the availability of the novel 'My Ripper Hunting Days'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I beg to report the availability of the novel 'My Ripper Hunting Days'

After many years spent writing his novel in the United States, Canada and Mexico, Bernard Boley's first novel is now available on Amazon under the title 'My Ripper Hunting Days'. It's offered in e-book and 5X8 paperback versions.

The story not only involves an actual prime Ripper suspect, the American named Francis Tumblety, but also other well known persons back then such as Scotland Yard's Inspector Frederick Abberline, Whitechapel H-Division, Sergeant William Thick, Vigilante Committee's president, George Lusk, and a crook named Le Grand. All reveal themselves exactly as historical data has presented them, but it's as if the author knew them personally.

The story revolves around a diary found in Canada where its author, Woodrow Reily, writes down his pursuit of the Ripper. If you have enjoyed Agatha Christie's 'Murder on the Orient Express', where Hercule Poirot resolves the crime in the last minutes, prepare yourself for an even more thrilling and mind-blowing ending by reading 'My Ripper Hunting Days'.

Congratulations.

Not sure I'd rate FT as a "Prime Suspect".

In fact I'm not sure there is such a thing.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Congratulations.

May I echo Geoff's congratulations

steve

Comment

Congratulations.

Thank you Gut.

He is still up there in the suspect list. I used him in my novel because he probably was the most flamboyant of them all. Do I consider him to be the Ripper? Well, you'll have to read the novel to see how I turned him into.

David Green will be offering us his review of the novel in December's edition of Ripperologist. I hope he won't nail me to hard on the Ripper novalists' death row. LOL

Cheers,
        Hercule Poirot
        Last edited by Hercule Poirot; 11-05-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
          May I echo Geoff's congratulations

steve
          Thank you Steve.

Comment

The paperback book price is expected to rise, given it will be distributed by major book stores such as Barnes & Noble as well as certified retailers.
            Cheers,
            Hercule Poirot

Comment

Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
              The paperback book price is expected to rise, given it will be distributed by major book stores such as Barnes & Noble as well as certified retailers.
              Cheers,
              Hercule Poirot
              Congatulations, Hercule! I will look forward to reading your novel.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                Congatulations, Hercule! I will look forward to reading your novel.

Thank you Pat
                Hercule Poirot

Comment

Thank you Gut.

He is still up there in the suspect list. I used him in my novel because he probably was the most flamboyant of them all. Do I consider him to be the Ripper? Well, you'll have to read the novel to see how I turned him into.

David Green will be offering us his review of the novel in December's edition of Ripperologist. I hope he won't nail me to hard on the Ripper novalists' death row. LOL

Cheers,
                  Hercule Poirot
                  Certainly wasn't looking to be a downer.

Have you read Michael Hawkey's book?

Not a doubt in my mint Tumblety was one strange bird, but not convinced he was Jack.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Certainly wasn't looking to be a downer.

Have you read Michael Hawkey's book?

Not a doubt in my mint Tumblety was one strange bird, but not convinced he was Jack.
                    I'm halfway through Hawley's 'The Ripper Haunts'. I told him on my blog that we went through most of the same research on Tumblety. I really enjoy reading him, although we don't come to the same conclusion.

We have different goals, mine being writing a story based on some persons who actually existed and his, hoping to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Tumblety was the Ripper. What concerned me most was to offer something that would turn into a highly plausible fiction which is quite different from delivering solid evidence.

Cheers,
                    Hercule Poirot

Comment

If you don't know what to offer your friends for Xmas, how about this powerpack of two JTR-Francis Tumblety books: Facts and Fiction.

Comment

I haven't been able to get yours yet, but Mike's is great.

Looking forward to getting my hands on yours.
                        G U T

Comment

I haven't been able to get yours yet, but Mike's is great.

Looking forward to getting my hands on yours.
                          The paperback format should be available by the end of the month in UK.

Cheers,
                          Hercule Poirot

Comment

The paperback format should be available by the end of the month in UK.

Cheers,
                            Hercule Poirot
                            Australia?
                            G U T

Comment

Australia?
                              It should be the same. Al least for the moment, you can have a look inside the covering 10% of the book.
                              Hercule

Comment

Working...
                              X