kennedy assassination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kennedy assassination

my wife bought me the book "reclaiming history" by vincent bugliosi yesterday 1700 pages..a cd comes with it with notes sources etc, supposed to be the definitive analysis of the assassination and theories, conspiracies, warren report, you name it. debunks every one of the alternative theories and comes to the conclusion that oswald was the assassin and indeed acted alone........should make interesting reading ..might finish it in 2028 after a relatively quick "flick through" it indeed seems the "real deal".......i better start reafding it methinks
    regards

Hi Dougie,

I've thought that Oswald was the lone gunman for quite sometime. I think that someone else likely knew it was going to happen and did nothing to stop it if you want to call that a conspiracy or not; perhaps even aided a bit. It just seems like such huge secret to keep from all family, friends, acquaintances and coworkers. Oswald was so different though that I wouldn't be too surprised if he kept it all to himself.

He seemed to have been preparing for the killing for at least a few days if not longer but the route supposedly wasn't known that far in advance. It makes me a little suspicious that maybe some person with influence steered the motorcade into his range. If so, that would be a more substantial conspiracy although possibly it could have still only involved one other person.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

One thing I don't get is why, if Oswald did it from the window, he didn't shoot Kennedy sooner. People have been reported as seeing someone there up to 15 minutes beforehand, so he could have had a crack at him as he was driving along the street towards the building and was completely open, instead of waiting until the motorcade had passed and he had a much more difficult target to aim at.
      He must have been confident that he could do it like that.
      Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by steje73 View Post
        One thing I don't get is why, if Oswald did it from the window, he didn't shoot Kennedy sooner. People have been reported as seeing someone there up to 15 minutes beforehand, so he could have had a crack at him as he was driving along the street towards the building and was completely open, instead of waiting until the motorcade had passed and he had a much more difficult target to aim at.
        He must have been confident that he could do it like that.
        One explanation is that Oswald wasnt sure which car the President was in. There were a number of cars in the motorcade. As the motorcade turns Oswald gets his closest view of the President's car.

I also believe Oswald killed Kennedy. If a 3rd rate burglary such as Watergate cannot be hushed up, theres little chance of a Presidential assasination being kept quiet.

The Bugliosi book sounds interesting. Ive read his account of the Manson murders.

Comment

Hi,
          Refering to the last post.
          I feel the gunman [ oswald] although could have had a better target as the motorcade came towards him, would have decided a better option to escape detection was to shoot from the rear when all eyes would have been away from the building where the gunman was.
          The kennedy assasination holds as many intriques as our JTR, complete with the 'Magic Bullet' theory, and the Mob, and the Cuba connection.
          The shooting of Kennedy showing the head shot , is very disturbing. and a tragic event in history.
          Regards Richard.

Comment

I never thought of that. Maybe I was going too much by my own ability at aiming at things!
            Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

After reading mailers book "oswald" a few years ago,i came to the conclusion if oswald did it ,it was probabley on his own,such a complex guy i doubt if he could have acted in unison with anyone......but then of course theres the question did ruby kill oswald on his own? or rather on his own impulse,or was he part of the same,or a wider conspiracy ? there has never been,in my opinion a convincing answer to that.
              regards

Comment

JFK will be argued about until the end of time, but speaking personally I find it just about impossible to believe that Oswald acted completely alone. Perhaps not a full-blown conspiracy involving dozens or even hundreds of faceless characters. It's always in any government's interests to play down anything that smacks of 'conspiracy' - even when the Gunpowder Plot was uncovered efforts were made to pin the plot on a very few men, when in fact considerably more than a 'very few' were actually involved.

For me, the presence of Ruby in the basement all but proves that he, Ruby, was tipped off and that Oswald was killed before he could talk and implicate others. Far too much of a coincidence.

Cheers,

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

What bollocks

From where he was, Oswald couldn't have hit an elephant's backside with the gun he had.

The Zapruder film shows quite clearly that Kennedy was hit from the front most likely from the 'grassy knoll'

How quaint. Were there pixies there?

And the US Government cut out the frames of this amateur movie footage that clearly show the shot coming from the front.

Now why would they want to do that?
                  allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                    What bollocks

And the US Government cut out the frames of this amateur movie footage that clearly show the shot coming from the front.

Now why would they want to do that?
                    twas an accident in the f.b.1. film processing dept ....cough

Comment

Hi Stephen, with all due respect...

...I've been up in the Textbook Depository, and yes, a trained marksman could have hit a target in a very slow moving motorcade car...

In addition, I know someone who was a supporting ballistics expert on the Warren Commission, and scientifically, Oswald was the lone gunman...

Now, whether he was acting entirely alone is a different matter; you must distinguish between the two...
                      Cheers,
                      cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

It only takes one gunman to kill a person. If you have more than that, you're stupid. All it does is double your chances of being caught.
                        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

true what you said stan...but i guess it also doubles your chance of getting the job done too but saying that i doubt whether anyone could have "worked" with oswald in that way..everything seems to suggest he was a classic"loner".......one thing though,above all others puzzles me, no record seems to exist of oswalds interrogation by the police after his arrest....police apparently didnt have a tape recorder on hand,and nobody took notes so im led to understand...exceedingly odd to put it mildly.
                          regards

Comment

Originally posted by cappuccina View Post
                            ...I've been up in the Textbook Depository, and yes, a trained marksman could have hit a target in a very slow moving motorcade car...

In addition, I know someone who was a supporting ballistics expert on the Warren Commission, and scientifically, Oswald was the lone gunman...

Hi Cappucina,

Yeah, sure and I'm Johnny Depp. Or a banana.

Hey 'dougie'

Apologies for Bannockburn .

Comment

Oops

Sorry dougie

That should have said 'Culloden'.

Bannockburn was when those wonderful Scottish heroes mashed up those Anglo Saxon villiains how many hundred years ago?

Comment

Working...
                              X