Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trial of Jack the Ripper

Hello,

I have just found two old VHS vidoe's, one titled 'The Trial of Jack the Ripper' and the second 'The Trial of Jack the Ripper Live'.

They were recorded from The Discovery Channel, is hosted by Michale Grade and has Paul Begg, Jeremy Beadle and Angela Rippon amongst several others. It puts forward the cases for Francis Tumblety, William Gull, Aaron Kosminski and James Maybrick (hoho!)

Does anyone know:
    - What year this was shown/made?
    - Are these available on DVD?

I have had a search on Google and imdb but am unable to find it.

Having just watched the video, it's still in quite good condition, I have found a date written on one of them - 24 February 2002, it's exactly 7 years old today.

Comment

Hi James,

I've had the Discovery Channel for decades and don't recall them ever playing these.

Wondering how I could have missed them especially when everything on there usually plays about 15 times before they retire it.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Having now watched it, the studio 'jury' voted for James Maybrick as their favourite to be the ripper!

Comment

It puts forward the cases for Francis Tumblety, William Gull, Aaron Kosminski and James Maybrick
          Oooh dear, not much to choose from then! 4 rubbish suspects and Angela Rippon - Can it get any worse!! Lol
          Best regards,
          Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Working...
          X