This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julie Wallace

Hope no one minds me starting this thread up again. I thought it better the thread was contained in 'Other Mysteries', than 'Shades Of Whitehall', although I'm sure someone will make a connection!!!!!

As you can see I also put the Caroline Luard thread under this forum, although, as I recollect, someone did make a connection with the two crimes.
    'Nothing is obvious'.

But wasn't it Julia Wallace?

Comment

Sorry folks.

Originally posted by Gideon Fell View Post
      But wasn't it Julia Wallace?
      Gideon Fell: You are of course absolutely correct. God, how embarrassing! I've got to live with this now, as impossible to edit. What made me type 'Julie', especially as I have been writing about the case for years!

Sincere apologies everyone. Will try and get the moderators to change the name.

Granger
      'Nothing is obvious'.

Comment

Hi Granger,

Hmmm, where were we?

I think it was whether W. Wallace did it or not. Recently, I've switched from slightly against to sort of for.

I'm sure her closest friends called her Julie.
        Last edited by sdreid; 02-19-2008, 05:20 PM.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          Hi Granger,

Hmmm, where were we?

I think it was whether W. Wallace did it or not. Recently, I've switched from slightly against to sort of for.

I'm sure her closest friends called her Julie.
          Hi Stan: Me confused to. I gather you mean you think he did it. It's like when someone says they are a Wallacite'. Does that mean they are for or against him having killed JW?.
          'Nothing is obvious'.

Comment

Hi Granger,

Yes, to the side that he did it because the neighbor heard no callers as they had before. Like I said, just slightly against him.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Granger View Post
              It's like when someone says they are a Wallacite'. Does that mean they are for or against him having killed JW?.
              A Wallaceite believes Wallace is guilty - a Qualtroughite believes it was Qualtrough and not Wallace.
              "It is Accomplished"

Comment

I am not familiar with this case, except for the bit and pieces of the old thread I could find on the internet, but I have to say, I'm inclined to think WHW did not kill his wife. I am looking forward to finding several of the books written on the subject when I get back to the States.

Comment

Hi Eva,

I think I'm in the minority but I don't quite agree with you anymore.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have been interested in this case for years. When I first read about it, I thought Wallace must be innocent, but on reflection I have to wonder - who else had a motive to kill her?

Limehouse

Comment

What motive did Wallace have?
                      There was enough of a motive regularly stored in the house - namely Wallace's collection money.
                      Like you evabaruk, I tend to believe in Wallace's innocence.
                      "It is Accomplished"

Comment

29 Wolverton Street

How the house looks now: (12 April 2007)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Marko; 06-02-2008, 12:15 PM.
                        "It is Accomplished"

Comment

29 & 31 WS Alleyway

The alleyway that WHW used. It was here that he met the Johnston's (at about 8.45) on the evening of 20th January 1931.
                          Attached Files
                          "It is Accomplished"

Comment

The reason I've swung back slightly to Wallace is that the neighbor heard the milk boy knock before he left but didn't hear anyone (Parry for instance) knock after Wallace left.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Stan

It could be that a possible murderer (other than Wallace) could have used a duplicate key. I think it is also possible that the neighbour might not have heard another knock. One thing that tends me to doubt Wallace's innocence though is something rather trivial - why would a murderer shut the back door (scullery into yard)? I'm sure someone having just murdered somebody else would want to get as far away as possible in the quickest time, and without the slightest noise. I can't understand why anybody else would shut the door completely. Close it over, yes, but not completely shut...
                              There are ten points I have which I believe support Wallace's innocence but I think I will always be a don't know...

Regards

Mark
                              "It is Accomplished"

Comment

Working...
                              X