No announcement yet.

A Working Hypothesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Douglas states that serial murderers will often seek satisfaction or gain inspiration through some alternate means which would include employment. The presence of the London Hospital which would have employed a number of blue collar staff, and i would categorise JtR within this group,deserves more attention than it seems to recieve. Employment in such an environment would have provided a physical/psychological goldmine for a disturbed mind.
    SCORPIO

Comment

Ok, it never occured to me before, but it is profoundly disturbing to picture a man who plans to take away enough souvenirs from his victim that he requires luggage. Me, I'd put it in my pocket. It's probably safe there, and if I got pickpocketed, the theif would be easy to find through the intensive therapy he would require after going for a wallet and coming away with a uterus.
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

You Gotta Pick A Pocket Or Twooooahhh!

Errata, we know from Hutchinson that Jack is a man who posseses a degree of sartorial elegance and i doubt he would dirty that sharp astrakan sleeved coat with blood and faeces. What the hell would you tell the dry cleaner?. No, i think some recepticle must have been utilised.
        SCORPIO

Comment

Errata, we know from Hutchinson that Jack is a man who posseses a degree of sartorial elegance
          Good one, Scorpio!

All joking aside, though, I agree with the suggestion that Jack would have sought to avoid sullying his pockets as much as possible, and have often argued that the apron piece was utilized for organ transportation.

All the best,
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post

All joking aside, though, I agree with the suggestion that Jack would have sought to avoid sullying his pockets as much as possible, and have often argued that the apron piece was utilized for organ transportation.

All the best,
            Ben
            Hi Ben,

very possibly.....however he did not cut any piece of Chapman's clothes.

Amitiés mon cher,
            David

Comment

Maybe he did not have his nice clothes on. Dave
              We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

I don't know...

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get blood out of leather?
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Good to see you back here, David!

It could well have been that the killer learned the hard way at the Chapman murder that freshly eviscerated innards tend to leave their mark (and smell) on fabric, prompting him to make better arrangements for the next murder.

All the best,
                  Ben

Comment

Hi Ben,

could be...but he apparently only used it from Mitre Square to Goulston St.

Heureux de te retrouver également,
                    David

Comment

Am i correct in believing that Chapmans killer cleaned his hands with a piece of paper?,which was found at the crime scene. What are the possibilities of this paper retaining a print?. I have read no accounts of a patent print , which is a print available to the naked eye, and a latent would not survive in an environment where no forensic protocols are enforced i suppose.
                      SCORPIO

Comment

Hi Scorpio,

I'm afraid the bloody newspaper story and the other blood stain and blood trail stories are all myths, as was the supposed writing on the wall at Hanbury Street. The newspaper reporters at the time seem to have grasped at any gossip to make a story.

If you can get a copy of the Ultimate Source Book by Evans and Skinner, you'll find all of the surviving official documents and reports in there, and also check out the inquest reports here on Casebook, as that's the best way to sort the wheat from the chaff and get to the real facts. Newspaper reports are fine for filling in gaps, but they didn't half come out with a lot of crap sometimes!

Hugs

Janie

xxxx
                        I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

Writing on the wall at Hanbury St ?, i have not heard about this before. Can anybody enlighten me ?.
                          SCORPIO

Comment

Hi Scorpio,

Here's one report from the Echo 8th September. I can't remember off hand if other papers carried the story as well, but this gives the gist of it anyway.

THE "WRITING ON THE WALL"

It is currently reported in Hanbury-street that this morning the following paragraph, written in chalk, was seen upon the wall of one of the back gardens there, and four persons distinctly stated they had actually seen the writing. The words are, "I have now done three, and intend to do nine more and give myself up, and at the same time give my reasons for doing the murders." Whether there is any truth in the matter remains to be seen.

Janie

xxxxx
                            I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

Many thanks.
                              SCORPIO

Comment

David,

Welcome back my friend!

About time you got back

Scorpio,

It was a fairly commone myth started during the ripper scare. A friend of mine showed me a diary entry which features the myth, and the author believe it to be true. Interesting, very interesting.
                                Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                                X