No announcement yet.

The Highgate Vampire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said you would get nutters on this thread and you have. The Vampirearchivist is clearly the supposed Lord / Bishop etc. He and Farrant and Pope are complete n******s.

If pensioners wish to have a good fight can't they go to the TOC H?

Comment

A NUTTER.....yes,we did!

...Correct!...we did attract a nutter,and as usual,one on a crusade of his own.We have had our fair share over the last few months,so this thread didn't make much difference.
      At least we got a laugh out of it,in the end.

It would have been a little more to your credit,if you'd have had more respect towards mature people,please.

If you spy any footage of the 50's/60's/70's generation,you will see people who knew how to enjoy themselves properly.The vast majority of the younger generation can only marvel at this phenomenon,and wouldn't know how to really achieve it,if they fell over a stage speaker.Music,in particular,has not achieved much since.Hence the reason,why so many cover versions appear on a regular basis.

ANNA.

Comment

Nutters!- Bring'em on!!!

He he Anna- I couldn't agree more with your last post!!! The late 60's through the 70's were a wonderful time-allegedly!!.Can someone remind me....As the saying goes if you can remember 1974-you weren't there!!!

I Know THAT pic cracks me up EVERY time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heeeeeeeeee

Suz x
        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

For a long time, Itzhak Bars has been studying time. More than a decade ago, the USC College physicist began pondering the role time plays in the basic laws of physics — the equations describing matter, gravity and the other forces of nature.

Hi everyone

The old Nutter problem. yes.

You see my problem was that when I started asking questions like. Are there any rational explanations for such phenomena? I started to get some very bizarre answers from the people who you’d expect to be down to earth on the matter..

You see about this time a lot of scientists came to the conclusion that a large part of the Universe was simply missing. Well most of it infact.

So when I started asking questions like ‘is there any possibility that astral projection or Remote viewing might have some basis in truth?’

I got some strange answers..

The truth is that the scientists don’t know either…however, most of them now agree that our universe is like a fishtank (well Hawkins) when you swim to one end you re-enter at the other end in a continuous circle, like a fishtank…and there may be holes in that universe that take us to different points in that universe. something like that.

Parallel with our universe are a number of other universes…a bit like bumbles within bubbles…some might be much bigger than our universe and some much smaller. I believe Hawkins recons 17..but I don’t have a clue why 17 and don’t really understand it.

I’m certain someone here will have a better idea than me..

All I’m saying is I never really worked out if the phenomena of Hypnogogia, happens only in the brain or whether there are outside influences effecting what happens in the brain.

However the brain clearly closes down some operations when its on the cusp of sleep of hypnosis…we can therefore perceive different things while in this mental state.

What I do know is that there is some fairly bizarre science that questions the nature of Reality. So it might not be such a good idea to start dismissing anybodies opinion as a 'nutter'.

What if, the life time of the universe and our own life time are one of the same lengths of time?

What if, in certain environments we can perceive other areas of the Multi-verse?

Again I’m not saying this is so..I’m just asking questions. Perhaps `I’m checking into the ‘What if’ thread. But I think we should be careful when calling people names.

Remember everyone called Galileo a ‘NUTTER’ sometimes people who stand alone on something are perceived this way. As long as the nutter is harmless, who knows they could be right? I don’t claim to know… do you?

Anyway enjoy the Multiverse Video.

Pirate

PS And Highgate I can choose to give links- information on a subject to whomever I wish. So please keep your conversation out in the open where everyone can follow.

Comment

A couuple of things--

Wednesday, not sure about your assertion that HighgateVampireArchivist is actually the Bishop. SM has his own corner of the web, a forum called "The Cross and the Stake" where these topics are discussed quite amicably. From what I've seen and heard, if he ever appears on other sites it is to simply demand that people cease and decist their discussions or else he threatens legal action. Still possible I guess, but it's not his usual style. I say this only as an observation, not with any judgement as to his position.

And Pirate Jack, I admire your in-depth look at the psychology of the Highgate case, you have obviously gone to great lengths in your research. I just hope you leave at least a tiny bit of room for the possibility that the reason why so many people perceived a supernatural creature of some kind in and around that cemetery was because there really was one. There is some very serious scientific work on the possibility of ghosts, spirits, the afterlife, etc. Vampires get a bad rap because of the image of them that's been generated by fiction, and when studying the Highgate case we can't let ourselves think that we're being asked to believe in Dracula or Lestat. Perhaps we shoud not rule them out entirely. Billions of people believe in some form of God, don't they? That is the most powerfully supernatural thing imaginable.

Comment

Hi Kensei

I thought I'd made it clear, I don't know?

Certainly I was convinced that a number of people I interviewed were telling the truth.

I have personally never witness anything supernatural. And I've spent a lot of time working with people who are seriously into his stuff.

My main interest is in the working of the brain..

Fore instance the photo you are discussing with Mike...I see all sorts of things...like watching clouds you either get it you you dont..its how the brain works it try's to 'make sence' of everything...its an interpretation machine.

The question is what is it seeing?

Can we assume that the we only see one reality?

I was watching a program on Darwin the other night. (I'm quite into Darwin's theory of evolution..survival of the fittest')

But the question I wanted to ask was when did the evolution of the brain actually start?

When life on earth started? or At the beginning of the big bang?

It sort of makes a big difference in how old the evolution of the brain is.

And has the brain developed according the the laws of nature in our universe or the laws of Physics and reality in a multi-universe?

we are quite closely related to Bats and dolfins who have a very different way of perceiving their environment. So who knows what evolutionary tacts our brain went through over a very long period of time.

During Sleep our brains close down the motor functions of the body auto -matically, however some people can remain concious durring this period accessing other areas of the brain not used during wakefulness.

But whether we are dealing with purely internalized reality or external reality I've absolutely no idea what so ever..

And most experts on the subject i have talked to dont know either..though Dr Wiseman always has an answer.

So I guess I'm asking you what exactly do you mean by Spirits? What do you mean by Ghosts? and I guess what do you mean by God?

Hopefully I'm keep my options open. I wouldnt want anyone to think i have a fix opinion on this..I dont know.

It might be easier however if I return of the matter of what people have claimed to have witnessed..in relation to incubus phenomina.

Yours Pirate

Comment

'E takes everything so seriously,don't 'e

Credit where it's due,Pirate Jack.You did a great job of research,when I read
                through your posts.

In respect of this,I shall cease from calling him a NUTTER.

P**t,yes......nutter

SORRY.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion Anna and anyone who makes me laugh is Cooool by me

PS are you still in Kent? I may require your help.

Jeff

Comment

Oh boy...hold on one squiddly diddly of a minute...it's the long bank holiday weekend!

Hi Pirate .....in view of the above.....ask me if I'm still laughing on Tuesday.
                    Waiting for the influx to appear as usual...watch out for anyone with about 4 posts.....and run!!!

In answer to your question.....Yes,I am still living in Kent....

Seeing as it's you I am ready and willing to offer any assistance you may require.

ANNA.x

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                      Hi Kensei

I thought I'd made it clear, I don't know?

Certainly I was convinced that a number of people I interviewed were telling the truth.
                      I have personally never witness anything supernatural. And I've spent a lot of time working with people who are seriously into his stuff.

So I guess I'm asking you what exactly do you mean by Spirits? What do you mean by Ghosts? and I guess what do you mean by God?

Hopefully I'm keep my options open. I wouldnt want anyone to think i have a fix opinion on this..I dont know.

Yours Pirate
                      Pirate, I didn't mean to imply that you hadn't been clear. You most certainly had and your theories are interesting. I was just hoping that you were also open to other options and you've also made it clear that you are.

What do I mean by spirits? That would be a broad term for any being that can exist without a physical body. A ghost would be a more specific term for the spirit of a person that has died still remaining on the earth plane. And I only referenced belief in God to observe that a lot of people seem to have no problem believing in the most powerfully supernatural thing possible but yet scoff at things far lesser in stature but no less supernatural. Just an observation, and not one aimed at you personally.

All the best.

Comment

• Hi Kensei

I did not mean to come across as 'shirty', its why I hate working in chat rooms , you cant get a feel of how someone's actually expressing themselves. So if I have come across in that way I apologuize. Your question was quite lagitamate and your reply candid.

Just to expand on different supernatural:

I beleive you can fit the phemonia into a number of different catigories:

1. A ghosts. An impression or photograph in time that replays itself. Can not see you. Does not interact. Moment captured in time.

2. Poltergeist: Manevelant/Trickster spirit. Invisable. Moves objects around. Usually accociated with young girls 12-14 years old.

3. Spirits. Invisible. Usually claim to be the spirit of a deceased person. Often associated with an environment. Usually talk through a Medium or via a person.

4. Incubus/Vampire. Entity. Seems to have intellegance of its own. Dark shadow form large. Seems to seek human company, often sexual. Taps into human energy. 'A'sexual. Can appear in different forms. Rare.

5. Gins. Much the same as Spirits but give false and misleading information, tell you what you want to hear.

Well thats my break down. Of course there are other supernatural creatures in mythology....

But Ghost wise I think these are the basic 'Ghosts' that are usually put together and people claim to have witnessed.

Yours Pirate

Comment

• PS..I forgot Orbs..which some people believe are a spirit form.

Comment

• He he mornin' chaps!
                            Just to lighten the moment check out Robert's Youtube link on the Jokes thread!

Blimey!!! was that an orb?- or where you passingly pleased to see me?

Suz x

Comment

• Sorry Mavis I'm off to another thread

Frankie genious

Comment

• Great! me and Anna will stick with Frankie!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X