Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A mannequin prop of Catherine Eddowes' corpse for a new play about Jack the Ripper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mannequin prop of Catherine Eddowes' corpse for a new play about Jack the Ripper.

Hi, guys! I'm directing a one-actor play about the Ripper, a fictionalized account of his state-of-mind on the night of the Double Event and Act II opens with him finishing up mutilating Cathy's body. This is a work-in-progress of the mannequin that will be used. The arms will be replaced with more realistic silicon ones and the costume designer is working on recreating her clothes from the police report. The left kidney and part of the intestine will be detachable props.

What do you guys think?

What's all this then?

She's well-fed for being a starving Unfortunate. Probably much too tall, as well. Kelly was the tallest victim at 5'7.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      She's well-fed for being a starving Unfortunate. Probably much too tall, as well. Kelly was the tallest victim at 5'7.
      Well, yes, we didn't have a lot of options regarding the mannequin, but I think this one will work once the she's dressed appropriately and the legs could be shortened as well. In any case, she will be lying on the stage, so the height isn't terribly crucial.

I see you're located in CO, Pat. You should come out and see the show once we open next month!
      What's all this then?

Comment

Ah! Thanks for the invite. I'll keep an eye on the local newspaper.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Working...
        X