Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Suspiciously like Prater's cat, Diddles, 'cept Diddles was black so,
    .....oh, silly me, of course...Diddles in disguise, with stripes on!
    (Sounds almost like a Beatles song)
    Or even John Fred and the Playboy Band

Diddles in disguise with(out) glasses.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

This thread reminds me of volume 47 of the Hardy Boys series,the rejected anthology.
      Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
      M. Pacana

Comment

Hi.
        Casebook is the worlds best crime site, it has/had a lot of credibility, it has been a joy to belong to this site,for all the years I have, very informative, and very entertaining.
        But seriously Pierre is turning this site into a farce, If the said gentleman has something'worthwhile' to say, let him post , or if he intends to publish in the future, fair enough, but to continue to post in the way he does , is extremely childish, very annoying, and insults the intelligence of fellow members.
        I have seen many posters like him , over the years, but none so prolific in their postings, I find it amusing , albeit irritating, but my fear is for the continuation of Casebook, as surely prospective new members, are somewhat perplexed by this non informative method.
        Regards Richard.
        Last edited by richardnunweek; 01-03-2016, 03:34 AM.

Comment

pierrebook
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Does anyone else feel as though they're going through a bit of an existentialist crises? I mean, I'm starting to get the feeling that I might be an unwitting participant in some sort of social media experiment.

Perhaps it will conclude with the publication of a thesis by, say, an existentialist with several degrees, entitled: A study Defining Symbolic Interactionism's Place Within Social Media: A Postmodern Existentialist Perspective.

Or then again, perhaps not [at least regarding the 'several degrees part"!]
            Last edited by John G; 01-03-2016, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

my fear is for the continuation of Casebook, as surely prospective new members, are somewhat perplexed by this non informative method.
              Regards Richard.
              My thoughts exactly....

Nicky
              ---------------------------------------------------
              "We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. And there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."
              - Ted Bundy

Comment

This guy named Pierre is just a troll, right? Can he just be banned and get it over with? Mods?

Comment

Aparently not Robhouse
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  "We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. And there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."
                  - Ted Bundy

Comment

Well he could be, but it appears that admin does not want to make the decision.

Comment

I am intrigued as to motive, though, which I why I've remained engaged. I mean, he certainly seems to be highly motivated, as evidenced by the degree of research he has undoubtedly undertaken and the colossal number of threads he's started.

I did ask him once, only half jokingly, whether he might be Bruce Robinson: an author who is known to have done a huge amount of research and, apparently, as a disdainful view of Ripperologists. Of course, he denied it...well sort of, in an abstract, metaphorical sort of way!

In fact, continuing the existentialist theme, I'm starting to wonder if "Pierre", like his "theory"and "suspect", might be simply a metaphor.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                        Today I have been examining a data source from 1888... and it contains the full name of the person I think was the killer.
                        Excitement

It is metaphorical
                        Deflation

Comment

Hi,

I hardly dare to write this down.

Today I have been examining a data source from 1888. I have been looking at this very briefly before and I thought there was nothing specific about this source. But I made an analysis of it today - and it contains the full name of the person I think was the killer.

There is now hardly any doubt. I must have found him.

But I will not give his name before I have seen the last bit of data. I want to give you conclusive evidence.

Kind regards, Pierre
                          I like turtles
                          "Is all that we see or seem
                          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            I like turtles
                            Happy New Year Abby!

I recall when "Pierre" started his first thread-many moons ago now- entitled "I think I Have Found Him," you replied, "Great, who is it?" I bet you didn't think you'd be waiting this long for a reply, especially as it now seems that the "suspect" is "Metaphorical"!
                            Last edited by John G; 01-03-2016, 08:24 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Elamarna;366616]

so its down to your interpretation yet again, why am I not surprised
                              Hi Steve,

Don´t worry. I am going to do a statistical analysis of the probability that his name could be in the source. You will know the result as soon as it is done, which will probably next week (I have other work to do as well).

Regards, Pierre

Comment

As once was

[QUOTE=Pierre;366680]
                                Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

Hi Steve,

Don´t worry. I am going to do a statistical analysis of the probability that his name could be in the source. You will know the result as soon as it is done, which will probably next week (I have other work to do as well).

Regards, Pierre
                                So will this be just a probability stat, or an actual name?
                                From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                                "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

Working...
                                X