Men, Don't Faint! > 'Japanese Man Cooks & Serves His Own Genitals'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men, Don't Faint! > 'Japanese Man Cooks & Serves His Own Genitals'

Yeah, it's a true story. There's a video embedded in the article, but I haven't watched it yet. It has a warning pasted over it, so watch at your own peril.

Gee, I wonder if anybody asked for seconds?

Archaic

I suppose he thought he was going to lose them anyway, since he was about to be inspected by Gordon Ramsey.

Comment

Cannibal Nation?

Hi Robert.

What's most baffling to me isn't that a disturbed individual chose to mutilate himself and cook the mutilated bits (sad as it is), but that so many people were eager to take him up on his bizarre offer to cannibalize himself- and apparently five went through with it.

Guess there are more would-be cannibals out there than I had imagined. Not a pleasant prospect.

By the way, did you watch the video? I still haven't.

Archaic

Comment

No way, Bunny. I've just had bangers and mash for dinner.

Comment

I can't bring myself to watch the video either.
          I'm assuming that he had his bits surgically removed rather than just lopping them off himself . . . and what worries me the most, is that some so-called health professional not only condoned what he was proposing, but actually assisted him in going through with it.
          Sarah

Comment

More Details

Hi Sarah Lee.

This article contains more details... possibly more than you want to know.

Archaic

Comment

Hi Archaic,

I'm not sure whether to thank you for that or not.

I can understand that there are people out there who want gender reassignment surgery (and although I don't fully understand it, I can even accept that some people want to be truly assexual) but somebody who wants to take home the trimmings and serve them up to the highest bidder obviously has some deep, underlying issues IMO. I'm just amazed that anybody agreed to perform the surgery.
              Sarah

Comment

I'm amazed people agreed to pay for the "meal"!!

I wonder if the man even had any mandatory in-depth counseling before undergoing the surgery?

I'm sure he had to sign a medical release (like even his diners did!), but how could any surgeon's hospital & physician's insurance plan allow such a surgery to go forward?

It's bizarre all the way around.

Best regards,
                Archaic

Comment

Gobsmacked, that's what I am. He's just a kid at 22, and how is it there are no laws against this kind of self-destructive behavior? Then again, most likely they've never needed laws against it before...

Comment

Hi eeyoresgirl, welcome to Casebook! And by the way, that's a cute name.

- OK, back to the loathsome subject -

It's just struck me again how bizarre it is that all those cannibalistic diners would be willing to get together in public for the event- one would think they'd be a bit more self-conscious regarding their own deviancy. Only one of the 6 'lucky' diners was a no-show.

It also occurred to me that this guy probably could have auctioned off his "trimmings" on Ebay and made a fortune. Then some lucky cannibal-wanna-be could have consumed their prize in private, away from prying eyes and cameras.

But heck, I guess even cannibalism is a social media event these days.

Archaic

Comment

I still wanna know what wine you have with that!

Comment

.... and, in a similar 'vein'

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Worl...se_753982.html

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Archaic

I wasn't sure I would be accepted, so it was a nice surprise. The more I read about the Ripper cases, the more I realize I really don't know so much about it.

This is without a doubt the craziest thread I have ever seen. I can't help but feel sad, his parents must be beside themselves. It's as heartbreaking as it is twisted.

Jack would have been right at home in today's society.

Comment

You're very welcome Eeyore. And I agree with you, I feel extremelysorry for this man, and for his parents too. If this kind of thing isn't illegal now, I hope it will be soon.

OK, I finally watched the video & looked at the photos. It wasn't as gruesome as I thought it might be.

Photo #3 is the money shot- a closeup of the dinner plate.

I guess it looked like something you'd see on one of those 'Bizarre Foods' TV shows where everyone acts like it's cool to be an extreme carnivore with an "everything is edible" mindset. (Personally, I can't bear to watch them.)

It would be interesting to see the reactions of those food-addicts to this. I wonder if it would dampen their appetites?

Then again, maybe not... that's scary.

Archaic
                            Last edited by Archaic; 05-27-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Healthy eating

I'm just heading down the chippy for a jumbo saveloy and two pea fritters...anybody going to join me?

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X