Natalee Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natalee Holloway

Joran Van Der Sloot is now saying he sold Natalee to a man in a boat.

JVDS is a liar so I have big question marks about the latest tale as well as anything he might say.

However, since he was just caught doing something very similar in Thailand, there just might be an element of truth.

If not this is one of the cruellest things he could do to her family. Now they have to imagine all kinds of unthinkable things happening to her as she suffers some kind of slavery.

Hi Diana

What a sad case, and so agonizing for her parents. It's a despicable thing to admit to so it might just be true. My God!!!! I hope she comes back alive.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

When this all started three years ago Joran's mother made comments in the media to the effect that her son was a good boy and he would never do this.

That set off alarm bells in my head.

For many years I taught elementary school. There is a certain type of parent who is blind to the possibility of wrongdoing on the part of their child. I wonder if a videotape would even convince such a parent. They believe everything the child tells them. If you discipline the child he will go home and present his parents with a long sad story about how the teacher was picking on him. The parent storms into the school in a rage. Usually they will tell you that "My son says he didn't do it and I believe him."

The effect on the child is predictable. He learns that he can do just as he pleases and as long as he comes up with a halfway convincing lie nothing will happen. These children inevitably become discipline problems and they tend to worsen over time.

I suspected then that JVDS was not a nice kid and his being caught trying to sell Thai girls into slavery last week proves it. If I had any doubts about his involvement with Natalee's disappearance before they are gone now. Unfortunately he has learned the same lesson again. Just come up with a good lie and everything will be OK.

Comment

hi gang

very sad story i believe she is dead ,she was likely drugged so she could be raped & died as a result of that drug.we will never know the truth for sure imo.

Comment

Originally posted by diana View Post
          Joran Van Der Sloot is now saying he sold Natalee to a man in a boat.

Young Mr. Van Der Sloot is almost certainly lying and trying to mislead investigators. From what has already been determined by the police, and by Van Der Sloot’s off-hand remarks to a private investigator in The Netherlands who befriended him with the hope of getting some incriminating evidence, we can safely assume that Natalee Holloway died in Aruba on May 30, 2005.

Let’s start with what we know. Van Der Sloot met Natalee Holloway at a bar called Carlos ‘N Charlies that caters to a young crowd made up of locals and tourists -- primarily Americans, but also some Canadians, Colombians, and a few Europeans. The two were worlds apart! He was the local kid, street-smart, and from a privileged and well-connected background. His father is a local judge. Natalee had just graduated from an American high (secondary) school and was in Aruba with her classmates to celebrate. They were accompanied by several adult chaperones. It was Natalee’s first trip away from home. According to her mother, Natalee not only didn’t drink, she was also a virgin. Several of the girls had gone to Carlos ‘N Charlies to spend their last night on the island; they would be going home the next day.

Van Der Sloot apparently saw an opportunity and embarked on a course of action that was tried and true -- he decided to get Natalee drunk in order to lower her defenses. Young Natalee didn’t stand a chance. The bartender admitted that Van Der Sloot had him mix Natalee’s drinks using 151-proof rum (that’s 75.5 % pure alcohol) while using the much weaker bar rum for his own drinks. It wasn’t long before Natalee was hopelessly drunk.

At that point Van Der Sloot and two companions, Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, two brothers from Surinam, managed to get Natalee into the Kalpoe’s car. They drove around the island for some time and eventually stopped behind a desolate section of a local beach called Palm Beach -- well beyond the nearest structure, a hotel that has since been renamed ‘The Westin’. The Kalpoe brothers waited in the car while Van Der Sloot took Natalee out onto the beach.

Van Der Sloot is the only person who really knows what happened next, but from his comments to the Dutch private investigator, we can gain a pretty good idea of what went on. Van Der Sloot attempted to have sex with Natalee. While she was lying on her back in the sand, struggling to push him off, she got sick to her stomach. Considering the amount of alcohol that she had consumed, that would come as no surprise. With his weight on top of her, she was unable to roll over and with her throat filled with vomit she was unable to cry out. The ‘gurgling’ sounds that he casually admitted to hearing were the sounds of Natalee Holloway choking to death on her own vomit!

It wasn’t supposed to happen. Van Der Sloot probably had every intention of driving her back at least close to her hotel -- the Holiday Inn. It’s one of the largest on the island and people come and go at all hours of the day and night. Natalee would have been spotted within a few moments and hotel security notified. A teenager who had had too much to drink wouldn’t phase them at all. They would see that she got to her room where she would probably quickly pass out. In the morning, a chartered coach would take Natalee and her classmates to the airport for their return flight to the US. The chaperones who accompanied the students would make sure that she was on that coach. Later in the day a sadder but wiser Natalee Holloway would return home -- her long-awaited holiday having abruptly turned into a nightmare. Young Doran would probably head back to Carlos ‘N Charlies where he might entertain his friends by bragging of his latest conquest.

As he looked down at the lifeless form on the sand, the enormity of what had happened must have struck him. He had left a clear trail of evidence that pointed straight to him. With a father who was a judge, he probably realized that he stood little chance of facing a murder charge. But a conviction for manslaughter followed by several years in prison was a very real possibility. The only evidence that could link him to any crime, however, was that body on the sand. Without it, the police would have no case.

I believe that Van Der Sloot enlisted the help of his two companions and put Natalee Holoway’s body back in the car. They then proceeded to cross the narrow island to the other side where they dumped the body into the sea.

Few places in the West Indies are as desolate and forbidding as the north cost of Aruba. The publicity brochures printed for tourists never show it. A flat, barren steppe, totally devoid of vegetation, runs along much of that side of the island. In most places it is about 1/2 mile wide, and comes to an abrupt end at the ocean’s edge where it drops off almost vertically to the pounding surf about twenty feet below. Few people ever go to that side of the island during the day -- only an occasional tourist trying to find the long-abandoned gold mines or one of the caves that still display ancient hieroglyphics. Only one gravel road runs the length of the steppe, and an approaching vehicle can readily be seen a mile or more away. At night no one ever goes there! The surf that relentlessly pounds against the base of the steppe bears little resemblance to the gentle swells that break on the opposite, tourist-oriented shore. On the north coast the swells easily reach six or more feet in height, built up by the constant westerly trade winds. A body thrown into that surf would be battered to pieces against the rocks at the base of the steppe in a matter of minutes! It might be days, even weeks, before anyone ever walked to that edge of the steppe and looked down. They would never find any trace of that body.

Bulldog

Comment

It was probably more likely that the sex was consensual. I haven't heard of any marks on JVDS besides she was drunk and he wasn't a gargoyle. She must have liked him in fact or she wouldn't have spent that much time with him.

Who knows what happened later or if JVDS was innocent, guilty of murder or something in between.

Anyway, JVDS is a creep and the best way to crush him, if and until he's charged, is to stop giving him the attention he loves.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Nope.. I totally agree with bulldog. Those guys did that many times before Im sure. It sounds like the perfect plan to get away with raping beautiful young girls. All it takes is a guy or a few guys who dont respect women to come up with a plan like that. How many men are disrepectful to women?? Considering the profiles I have recently read on my support group website there seems to be alot of them. There seems to be an inordinate amount of child rape and rape in general. Its sickening! And those girls have problems and predators are seeking out those types of websites to find victims like that so that they can use them again.

Comment

Working...
              X