No announcement yet.

Four day weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[/QUOTE]Giving away your age Barbara! (like me!)

Dave[/QUOTE]

Oh, uh uh, my mom always played all those records...er, I mean 8 tracks, heh

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed the Diamond Jubilee concert. Even the Archbishop seemed to enjoy it. As I've said before, we've only had two monarchs worthy of the name and they were both named Elizabeth. Although I might include another Queen Elizabeth in the list....the Queen Mum had a lot of class as well.

Comment

Originally posted by louisa View Post
        I watched the Thames Pageant and it was quite interesting to begin with. However, after about an hour it became very boring and I almost fell asleep. I never thought I'd say this but when you've seen one boat you've seen 'em all.

The Queen will probably be glad when the whole shebang is over and done with.

Typical British weather though - it was pi$$ing with rain throughout.

A four day holiday is all very nice and that's fine for those who work in the public sector. It's not so good for those employers who are forced to give their employees an extra day off without pay.
        Sorry Louisa, but that's a huge assumption. My daughter works in the public sector and she worked the whole four days. I work in the public sector and I am being paid only for part of Monday (not the whole day) but Tuesday has come out of my annual leave. My son works in the private sector, and although he worked on Monday, he's getting double time. So, the time off varies from employer to employer and in fact, no employer has to give an employee days off for bank holidays or even pay them extra if they work. It depends entirely what's in their contract of employment.

I am not a great royalist, although I admire and respect the Queen, but I was impressed by how much people got involved and celebrated and I quite enjoyed the pageantry, what I saw of it.
        Last edited by Limehouse; 06-06-2012, 06:57 AM.

Comment

I think there should be way more beheading of royalty so that UK citizens can have more holiday time off for coronations and such. Let's get back to the days of yore.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Working...
          X