No announcement yet.

Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, in their case this is bad parenting. It doesn't mean that they are necessarily murderers or somehow deserved this. But this is very strange behavior for their cohort.

The last time my wife and I were in New Orleans, we wanted to drink but had our two-year-old with us. At night we would take turns going out. It would be inconceivable to even think of leaving our child alone for any length of time. Even at home there is a baby monitor in his room.

I grant that times have changed and kids were left to their own devices more in times past. I can be sympathetic to those less fortunate who have to leave their kids alone out of economic necessity. But this wasn't the case here, and it is so out of step with social norms it has to make you wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sand87 View Post
      Really?

Times have changed you may say? Correct. But those kids back then who were left on their own all day (and also had to look after their bothers/sisters) are now having kids of their own. I'm not saying the McCanns are in this situation, I think it's clear they never were but I find it disgustingly offensive when middle class people say "they left their kids alone, shoot them" sort of thing. You do as you're taught and that's all I'm saying.
      Uh no. Not even back in the olden times were children aged 4 and 2 left home alone. Because the species wouldn't have survived.

I was left alone a a child a number of times. .
      If your parents left you alone when you were four years old, then they were irresponsible idiots. I too was left home alone, when I was old enough for the responsibility and to have the basic comprehension of what that meant. That is not aged four with two two year olds.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Even before I fully researched the Maddy McCann case I thought the parent's behaviour was fishy, notably Kate's version of events. In her own words, "I knew straight away she'd [Madeleine] been taken". If that was true, what kind of parent would then leave her other two babies in the apartment whilst running back to the bar to raise the alarm? Surely your instinctive reaction would be to grab your other two kids in case the perpetrator(s) were still nearby?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Even before I fully researched the Maddy McCann case I thought the parent's behaviour was fishy, notably Kate's version of events. In her own words, "I knew straight away she'd [Madeleine] been taken". If that was true, what kind of parent would then leave her other two babies in the apartment whilst running back to the bar to raise the alarm? Surely your instinctive reaction would be to grab your other two kids in case the perpetrator(s) were still nearby?
          Couldn't agree more, Harry. I've often wondered about this.

Carol

Comment

• To be brutally honest Maddie McCann is probably dead. If not then in all likeliness Maddie McCann will be with paedophiles. And it's her parents fault.

Comment

• The body of a little girl has been found in South Australia, it is a little girl that Drs say was killed in 2007.

They are speculating that it may be Maddy.

Seems like a long shot.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• It does indeed seem like a long shot Gut, though stranger things have happened, I suppose. Australia is one heck of a long way from Portugal and how could Maddie have been smuggled into this country at a time when the search for her was at its height?

I try not to play the blame game with regard to Madeleine McCann's parents, as I think losing a child must be soul-destroying and we've all done stupid things in our time. I just wish they had used the hotel's babysitting facilities, that's all, or chosen to have dinner with friends on the balcony of their apartment that evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                  It does indeed seem like a long shot Gut, though stranger things have happened, I suppose. Australia is one heck of a long way from Portugal and how could Maddie have been smuggled into this country at a time when the search for her was at its height?

I try not to play the blame game with regard to Madeleine McCann's parents, as I think losing a child must be soul-destroying and we've all done stupid things in our time. I just wish they had used the hotel's babysitting facilities, that's all, or chosen to have dinner with friends on the balcony of their apartment that evening.
                  Agree on both points.

I think they were silly, but we all do silly things at times.

Now if they had anything to do with her death a different kettle of fish.

The report I heard was that the little girl whose body they found died about the time of the disappearance (so a body to bring out rather than a live child perhaps) and fits the description, I guess they'll do some DNA.

But I suspect it will be negative.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I'm not saying the parents did it, but the parents did it.

Comment

• Anyone who researches the case carefully (everything is on the web, including an English translation of the book written by the Police Officer who led the case) will come to a definitive conclusion as to what happened to Madeleine.

There is no great mystery here!

Beware of the Libel Laws!!!!

Comment

• What was it that Mr Holmes always said "when you eliminate the impossible what you have left no matter how improbable is the truth"
                        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                          What was it that Mr Holmes always said "when you eliminate the impossible what you have left no matter how improbable is the truth"
                          I've never thought much of that quote. What it basically says is "everything that isn't impossible is true". I know there are some on these boards who use that approach, but I'd expect better from Sherlock.

Anyway, it does seem to be pure speculation linking the body to Maddie at this stage, but I'm sure all will become clear after DNA testing.

Comment

• Sorry, but I remember the Azaria Chamberlain case in Australia when seemingly the whole nation (including me) rushed to judgement over Lindy Chamberlain's guilt in the death of baby Azaria. There was much more forensic evidence in that case (which later turned out to be wrongly interpreted) than there has ever been in Madeleine's. I'm never doing that again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                              Sorry, but I remember the Azaria Chamberlain case in Australia when seemingly the whole nation (including me) rushed to judgement over Lindy Chamberlain's guilt in the death of baby Azaria. There was much more forensic evidence in that case (which later turned out to be wrongly interpreted) than there has ever been in Madeleine's. I'm never doing that again.
                              Yep and Linda and Michael never recovered.

She is also the number one reason I oppose the death penalty.
                              G U T

Comment

• Just on radio. SA police have informed Scotland Yard it is NOT Maddie.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X