No announcement yet.

Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Trump, in his typical thoughtless bravado, has asserted he will testify under oath!!!

His lawyers will be climbing the walls over that (not bloody likely!!!!)
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Now Trump, in his typical thoughtless bravado, has asserted he will testify under oath!!!

Anyone who works with him has to know he's a compulsive liar. He would do fine under oath. He would do fine with a lie detector test. He has spent his life being contrary just to see what people will say; who will change their minds. No matter what he says, it will be a wash. He is an embarrassment to anyone in America with a brain. Classless pos.

Mike
      huh?

Comment

Legal definitions form the basis for claiming he did something wrong, that is why legal definitions matter.
        Really? So if I were to have an affair, badmouth a close friend behind his back, treat colleagues like garbage, lie about my ability as a world class expert in nuclear physics and claim this potion I am selling promotes hair gain I am doing nothing wrong? I'll be right back, im about to give my maid a good seeing to in my sons empty bed. All in the knowledge I am doing nothing wrong.

Btw legal experts tend to be in agreement that Trump did nothing legally wrong in firing Comey. He had the legal ability to do what he did. I think most realise the issue here is whether Trump did a good thing or a bad thing in appearing to put pressure on Comey about the Flynn matter and whether or not Trump was justified in firing Comey.

Comment

• Correct. The firing itself is not the issue here. The issue is whether Trump tried to pressure Comey into shutting down the investigation an active investigation for purely political reasons or not. This is where Trump implicated himself. He didn't even have to give a reason for firing Comey but he stated himself that the "Russia thing" was on his mind when he did it. This statement adds weight to the accusation that Trump tried to pressure Comey into shutting down the investigation. Comey didn't let go, so he was fired.
          Last edited by Svensson; 06-10-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Right, Trump cannot resist posing as the tough guy, and every time he does this he sticks another foot in his mouth.
            That's why he will never take the stand under oath, he is a loose canon who doesn't think before he speaks.

When someone like Hillary Clinton can bait him just think what a seasoned lawyer could do.
            Personally, I hope he does take the stand, his presidency will be over that bit sooner.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svensson View Post
              Correct. The firing itself is not the issue here. The issue is whether Trump tried to pressure Comey into shutting down the investigation an active investigation for purely political reasons or not. This is where Trump implicated himself. He didn't even have to give a reason for firing Comey but he stated himself that the "Russia thing" was on his mind when he did it. This statement adds weight to the accusation that Trump tried to pressure Comey into shutting down the investigation. Comey didn't let go, so he was fired.
              Except Comey explictly said Trump didnt try to shut down(or put pressure on him to shut down) the "Russian thing". Here im assuming the Russian thing means the investigation into Russian hacking or influencing the election and/or the Trump campaign's ties to Russia. The Flynn issue is a different matter. It's the Flynn issue that Trump, according to Comey, was trying to pressure him on. And since no investigation was yet taking place into Flynn Trump is probably in the clear legally.

Comment

• I think the "Russian thing" at that time did mean Flynn's conversations and meetings with Russians prior to the inauguration, because this was after it was found out Flynn hadn't mentioned them to Pence, but before Flynn resigned/was fired. It was actually the start of "this Russian thing", IMHO.
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                  I think the "Russian thing" at that time did mean Flynn's conversations and meetings with Russians prior to the inauguration, because this was after it was found out Flynn hadn't mentioned them to Pence, but before Flynn resigned/was fired. It was actually the start of "this Russian thing", IMHO.
                  And Flynn was hired specifically because of the Russian thing. It's all connected.

Mike
                  huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                    And Flynn was hired specifically because of the Russian thing. It's all connected.

Mike
                    well that's actually an interesting point-hadn't thought of that!

but it dosnt appear he did anything wrong or illegal and the reason he got fired was because he misled pence what he spoke about. which I don't know why he did, because he should have known that what he spoke to them about wasn't illegal!!!??!!

Comment

• oh and whats a "Cillizza" ?!? seems to have taken over CNN. LOL!

Comment

• Rogues Gallery update.

So now Trump is considering firing Mueller?

The word is that the West Wing is in chaos over this.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

So now Trump is considering firing Mueller?

The word is that the West Wing is in chaos over this.
                          Where did you hear that? It's not even on the fake news network.

Oh and looks like comedy may have been the source of many more leaks prior tt the one he just admitted. If true further exemplifying why the guy is a joke as head of FBI and needed to go. Good riddance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            Where did you hear that? It's not even on the fake news network.
                            Inside sources.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Inside sources.
                              Haha! Now that's funny.

Comment

• Just fascinating to see a review of Donald Trumps court deposition under oath in 2007 when he sued an author who wrote about Trumps net worth.
                                Trump lied 30 times in his deposition. He wasn't worth anything close to what he claimed.

He just lives in his own reality.
                                When is America going to wake up?
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X