Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I left it there for the fools but they will never find it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, Tempus.
    Our appetites are well and truly whetted. When might we expect the main course?

Best wishes,
    Steve.

Comment

Hi.
      The appetite is wetted, the FM is about to be revealed..
      Is it Florence M.?
      Is it Frank Mitchell [ the mad axeman]?
      Is it Fat Mary?
      Or FIND ME?
      just to mention a few of a cast of thousands..
      Without trying to appear sarcastic, I am not suggesting lettering is not[possibly ]present, but we will have a hell of a job getting a true meaning, but tremendous fun in trying.
      Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
        Hi.
        The appetite is wetted, the FM is about to be revealed..
        Is it Florence M.?
        Is it Frank Mitchell [ the mad axeman]?
        Is it Fat Mary?
        Or FIND ME?
        Flogging Molly
        huh?

Comment

Fannie Mae ?

Comment

General Cornwallis: "F$%@ing Minutemen!
            huh?

Comment

furry muff....

Comment

It is an interesting point ythat has been raised in regard to mental illness. I, myself, suffer from Bipolar, and I recognise many traits within the diary that I believe are the result of some form of mental ilness - possibly even Bipolar.

It makes me laugh when people say that the diary's content is too melodramatic to be real - for me, it is not melodramatic enough. You can go on any mental health forum and see writings on threads and journals that are ten times more melodramatic than is presented in the diary (I have been guilty of this myself, and have been terribly embarrassed by what I have written, when I looked back on it). People do this as an outlet for the way they feel at the time. In many ways, The Diary of Jack the Ripper is a 19th Century equivelent of the modern mentall health forum. The diarist was simply placing the way he felt at the time on paper, instead of the internet, as someone would do now.

No doubt, being under the influence of drugs at the time did not help (much like alchohol can be lethal in Bipolar mania), but the result is very much the same.

Anyway, I've just realised I've taken my own thread off track. Apologies.
                Last edited by Tempus omnia revelat; 04-26-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Best Issue Ever!

Famous Monsters

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                    Famous Monsters

Tom,

When I was a kid, that was the dumbest and greatest magazine ever. Forrest J. Ackerman(n?) was a guy I wanted to meet. Creepy and Eerie were great because of the lascivious artwork, but man did I jones for FM.

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus omnia revelat View Post
                      Blah, blah, delay, delay ...
                      Tempus, me old duck, what's with the hold up?

You will find in me a defender of all positions pro-journal, but you have to actually make the case before I can leap bravely to your defence with the lethal swipes of my swishing, swooshy Sword of Truth!

Get on with it, for the love of Keegan.

Please - if for no-one else, do it For Me (geddit?) ...

Comment

Hi soothsayer!

Sorry for the delay but it is important that I finish my report on the matter, otherwise, without a proper explanation, I fear you will all simply groan at what I have to show you (particularly the anti-diarists, who will know doubt mutter things like 'seen it before,' or 'could've guessed it') and dismiss it straight away.

Remember, I have already stated, quite clearly, that what I have to show you is there for every one to see. The reason that you haven't found it up to now is simply because you have either dismissed it, or because you do not realise what it is that you are looking at. I do, however, promise you that I will show you it very soon - unless, of course, someone else finds it in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Tempus

Comment

Welcome back Soothsayer, I will follow you to the end of the world on this one and the other related thread...with great intrest.

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                            Welcome back Soothsayer, I will follow you to the end of the world on this one and the other related thread...with great intrest.
                            Spysie, me old mate - great to know you're still on the Crusade!

Our numbers don't exactly take much to 'swell', but slowly swelling they are, and the addition of the Good Knight Sir Tempus o'Revelat looks to me like it could well turn out to be a critical one. You and I have consistently provided the brawn (and the good looks, obviously) which you need when you're fighting armies alone - but the talented Tempus could ease our warring and stem the bloodshed at last.

No pressure, then, Tempy!

Comment

I suppose it could be argued that the pose of the body forms an "FM". Her head faces left, and her left arm is bent, which in relation to the torso forms an "F", and her legs are bent and raised forming an "M".

On the other hand, the blood contrast on her chest clearly looks like T-Rex, but I'm not going to suggest that was purposeful.
                              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                                I suppose it could be argued that the pose of the body forms an "FM". Her head faces left, and her left arm is bent, which in relation to the torso forms an "F", and her legs are bent and raised forming an "M".

On the other hand, the blood contrast on her chest clearly looks like T-Rex, but I'm not going to suggest that was purposeful.
                                Sir Tempus, has (or perhaps more accurately have) Errata got it right?

Comment

Working...
                                X