No announcement yet.

Recently watched movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved National Treasure 1 and 2 and watched them both back to back recently. The cast and acting was fantastic and some of the sets were amazing.

I have Romero's Diary of the Dead on standby to watch at some point this week. I also have The London Job at the ready to watch.

I enjoyed both Ray Winstone's and Johnny Depp's performances as Sweeny Todd, both were really atmospheric, and again the sets were great. I was a bit baffled to see Ali G acting against Depp, but was glad when depp killed him.....Booyakasha!

The Happening was far from.....Happening, which was a real shame as I enjoy Mark Wahlberg and look forward to the Italian Job 2! Shooter was a great film.
    Regards Mike

Comment

• I loved Sweeny Todd with Depp....still sing the songs while doing housework lol.

I have seen The Dark Knight twice so far....Heath Ledger did a wonderful job playing the Joker in my opinion. Anyone want to share their thoughts on this movie?

Esther

Comment

• Hi Mary Kelly, welcome to the casebook. Hope you won't be vanishing on the 9th of November

I enjoyed Sweeney Todd, and loved both the Depp and earlier version with Ray Winstone playing Todd. I don't recall any of the songs though!

I have yet to see Dark Knight but hope to do so very soon!!
        Regards Mike

Comment

• I haven't seen either but I did watch 21 the other night about the MIT students who beat Vegas at Blackjack. It was entertaining so I'd give it a tepid recommendation but it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped it would be. I guess my expectations were excessive.
          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by MaryKelly View Post
            I loved Sweeny Todd with Depp....still sing the songs while doing housework lol.

I have seen The Dark Knight twice so far....Heath Ledger did a wonderful job playing the Joker in my opinion. Anyone want to share their thoughts on this movie?

Esther
            Hi Esther,

I loved Sweeny Todd with Depp also .. and I just bought the dvd
            yesterday, on special $9.95, that is Australian dollars, very reasonable
            as it is relatively new.

I've seen The Dark Knight also and really enjoyed it .. Heath Ledger
            was mesmerizing, his portrayal of the joker so different to Jack's.
            Thought that fellows half blown off face was strange, too unbelievable
            or didn't come across well, but loved Batman's good moral judgements
            in the end, for the good of mankind .. and of course, another movie
            follow up.

Victoria
            "Victoria Victoria, the queen of them all,
            of Sir Jack she knows nothing at all"

Comment

• Hi all:

I have not seen this Sweeny film but I do like the actor Johny Depp, he is so handsome ! I liked him in ' Chocolat " since I like chocolates aniyway, but the film was magical and romantic too.

Maria
              Last edited by Maria; 08-07-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• On Monday night the wife and I settled down to watch "1408" starring John Cusack and Samuel L Jackson.

The story revolves around an author who is writing about haunted locations, and who stumbles upon a hotel with a room so haunted, it is locked off from the public following 50+ strange deaths!

It is a pretty good film, with plenty of twists, turns and jump out of your skin moments!
                Regards Mike

Comment

• Last night the wife and I watched "Vantage Point" about a political assassination! The film stars Dennis Quaid and is quite well done.

Essentially the President of the USA is due to speak at a summit, he does and gets shot, but it's not quite as clear cut as that and the lead upto the assasination and aftermath are shown from several viewpoints.

Needless to say, its a tangled web of deception, action and raises questions over what we actually see via the media's eyes.

A great film which keeps you on the edge of your seat, and Dennis Quaid is ace as the bodygaurd with a past!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• I tried to watch '1408'. Sounds like a hell of a film. I never reached the end, though.

Buck-buck-buck-bu'kawww!...

Latest film I watched was "The Dam Busters".
                    "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" - Admiral David Farragut.

Comment

• I watched "Curse of the Golden Flower" last night.

Good movie--lots of eye candy.

Solid plot, but the pace was just a little too measured, and there were a lot of unexplained "whys" in the story.

But overall I enjoyed it

I watched "The Sting" for the eleventy thousandth time this weekend too. I love that movie!
                      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                        I enjoy Mark Wahlberg and look forward to the Italian Job 2! Shooter was a great film.

Last I heard the sequel is called The Brazilian Job and is essentially a remake of Topkapi (I think it was Topkapi--anyway, a remake of a classic caper film from around that era)
                        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                          Last I heard the sequel is called The Brazilian Job and is essentially a remake of Topkapi (I think it was Topkapi--anyway, a remake of a classic caper film from around that era)
                          Yes it is called the "Brazillian Job", but hot on the heel's of Jason Statham's "London Job" I thought people would get confused.
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• I watched the 1998 action-flick "Hard Rain" today.
                            "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" - Admiral David Farragut.

Comment

• The Christian Slater movie with Morgan Freeman as the bad guy?

I loved that film, not seen it for a while but it was a well made film, considering the troubles they had during filming! All of the town was built on a soundstage so they could flood it!
                              Regards Mike

Comment

• A good and disturbing new film about a true case An American Crime
                                This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X