Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locations of Prostitute murders and military barracks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locations of Prostitute murders and military barracks.

The Tower of London is an athletic stone's throw from Whitechapel but it is not an inconsiderable distance. There are Navy, Air Force and army bases on Long Island while the LISK has operated.

Hearsay, urban myth and the usual innuendo of recreational sexual "shore leave" or "furlow" activities of service personnel may have inspired my musings but has anyone looked at culprits or suspects of either set of murders from either locations?

Any other such murders near military base locales?

Originally posted by Fantomas View Post
    The Tower of London is an athletic stone's throw from Whitechapel but it is not an inconsiderable distance. There are Navy, Air Force and army bases on Long Island while the LISK has operated.

Hearsay, urban myth and the usual innuendo of recreational sexual "shore leave" or "furlow" activities of service personnel may have inspired my musings but has anyone looked at culprits or suspects of either set of murders from either locations?

The proximity of military premises is certainly something the police at the time were aware of; hence Pearly Poll being taken to the Tower of London to view guardsmen who were off-site on the night of the murder of Martha Tabram.
    Last edited by Bridewell; 06-12-2016, 10:55 AM. Reason: Correct Error.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Interesting, I was unaware of that. Her being non-C5 has obscured that fact from me!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantomas View Post

Where are the Navy, Air Force and Army bases on Long Island? LI is like 1,500 miles or something

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
          Where are the Navy, Air Force and Army bases on Long Island? LI is like 1,500 miles or something
          Which Long Island are you referring to? The one in New York State, that is comprised of Suffolk, Nassau, Queens (where I live), and Brooklyn, is 120 miles long from the East River to Montauk Point! I know the Coast Guard Academy is on the North Shore in Suffolk County. I'm not sure about any Naval, Air Force, and Army bases.

Jeff

Comment

There appear to have been quite a few over the years, not sure how many are still active today

Review maps, charts and graphs including demographic data, local research and interactives.

Comment

Working...
            X