No announcement yet.

Woman Viciously Attacked on Your Street!!! - Details on the 11:00 O'Clock News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Viciously Attacked on Your Street!!! - Details on the 11:00 O'Clock News

Let's try the following hypothetical on for size --

You've had a hard day at work followed by a couple of beers in an attempt to wind down. All you want to do now is go to bed. You turn on the 10:00 P.M. news and are startled to hear the newscaster say that a woman has been viciously attacked on the street where you live. They promise to give the details at 11:00. You stay up in breathless anticipation because hey this is hitting pretty close to home. The newscaster at 11:00 P.M. reports that a woman was seen being thrown to the ground. Now, here is the question:

Are you glad that you stayed up that extra hour to learn of this vicious attack or would you say WTF, I stayed up for that?

I think you can see where I am going with this.

c.d.

Oops!

Obviously this should have gone under the Liz Stride heading. Sorry about that. Don't know how to move it.

c.d.

Comment

need mah sleep

Hello CD. Thanks for starting this thread.

If I had stayed up an extra hour for that, I'd scream--but not too loudly.

After all, my sleep had been interrupted--heh-heh-heh.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Good one, Lynn but a serious answer would be appreciated.

c.d.

Comment

waste of time

Hello Cd. Thanks.

Seriously, it seems a waste of time. I would go to bed.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

The fact that the 10pm newscast promises the story at 11pm should tip you off that they're wasting your time. If they had a real story, they'd lead with it to keep you from hearing it elsewhere first.
            - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Hello Cd. Thanks.

Seriously, it seems a waste of time. I would go to bed.

Cheers.
              LC
              But when it turned out that the same woman had been found with her throat cut 15 minutes later, would you think,

"She was unlucky to have been attacked twice in such a short space of time"

or would you draw a different conclusion?
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
              X