No announcement yet.

Wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. The list of suspects brought in for questioning over Stride.
    2. The identity of the man seen by Mr. Galloway.
    3. The identify of the man Cox was following.
    4. The seaside identification of Kozminski.

What we shall see.

1. Touch DNA improving.
    2. New paper articles on suspects and communications.
    3. Better explanations.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
      I'm gong to stick my neck out here and go one further than the rest I would like to know...... wait for it ........drum roll .......gasp of excitement....who jack the ripper was!!!!!!!!!!
      That was what I meant by the obvious question.

Thing is, I think we'd hate it if we knew. What would we do next?

Comment

Originally posted by The Cenci View Post

Nope no problems at all for me.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Well, we could rack our brains out trying to figure out who exactly shot and mortally wounded Governor elect William Goebel of Kentucky in 1900. Although there were arrests and trials, nobody was convicted and it's still up in the air. On the other hand there are probably better known unsolved murder mysteries than Goebel's (he did live long enough that day to get sworn into office - didn't provide a legislative agenda though ).

I'd like to see a full size study on the career of Francis Tumblety - not that I think he's the Ripper, but he is such an interesting character.

Still curious if there is any mortuary photo of Montie.

Photos of a living Mary Kelly, Inspector Fred Abberline, George Huchinson, Kosminski, Ostrog (I think there is one though), and a few others. Hell, I have never seen an actual photograph of Mary Pearcey - they always show a photograph of her old wax figure from Madame Tussaud's Chamber of Horrors as "her photo". it's not!

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
            Well, we could rack our brains out trying to figure out who exactly shot and mortally wounded Governor elect William Goebel of Kentucky in 1900. Although there were arrests and trials, nobody was convicted and it's still up in the air. On the other hand there are probably better known unsolved murder mysteries than Goebel's (he did live long enough that day to get sworn into office - didn't provide a legislative agenda though ).

I'd like to see a full size study on the career of Francis Tumblety - not that I think he's the Ripper, but he is such an interesting character.

Still curious if there is any mortuary photo of Montie.

Photos of a living Mary Kelly, Inspector Fred Abberline, George Huchinson, Kosminski, Ostrog (I think there is one though), and a few others. Hell, I have never seen an actual photograph of Mary Pearcey - they always show a photograph of her old wax figure from Madame Tussaud's Chamber of Horrors as "her photo". it's not!

Jeff
            Ooh Jeff, bear with me while I search...

I might be able to help out on more than one of the above.
            Amanda

Comment

Purchase one of these:

Last edited by Harry D; 05-07-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                Hell, I have never seen an actual photograph of Mary Pearcey - they always show a photograph of her old wax figure from Madame Tussaud's Chamber of Horrors as "her photo". it's not!

Jeff
                Not a photograph but a different version of Mary Pearcy in a newspaper.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                  Not a photograph but a different version of Mary Pearcy in a newspaper.

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=22420
                  Thanks Jerry. When I read of Mrs. Pearcy in the book "Murder and Its Motives" by F. Tennyson Jesse, she said Mrs. Pearcy was good looking. This drawing is good enough to show her attractiveness - more (of course) than the head of the wax statue from Tussaud's.

Jeff

Comment

Can I have jacks knife? I dont care who did it but would like to know what was driving him, His work was very twisted would love to know why.

Comment

Originally posted by PC Fitzroy-Toye View Post
                      Can I have jacks knife? I dont care who did it but would like to know what was driving him, His work was very twisted would love to know why.
                      Whilst I doubt we will ever KNOW ether answer.

We are I think more likely to know who than why.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        Whilst I doubt we will ever KNOW ether answer.

We are I think more likely to know who than why.
                        I dont know after 120 odd years the who is still no closer and true nether the why but we have his work on show for us all to see I just think by that is there more chance if we place are mind within his as best we can could we gain an insight to the why?

Comment

Look at similar serial killers and work from there. Circumstances might change over time but deep down the human psyche remains the same. Let's not pretend that the Ripper was a special little snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                            Look at similar serial killers and work from there. Circumstances might change over time but deep down the human psyche remains the same. Let's not pretend that the Ripper was a special little snowflake.
                            Exactly! thats my thinking we can see the work of his will and by that we can look to the emotive content and work are empathy from there.
                            Last edited by PC Fitzroy-Toye; 07-04-2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I agree, i think the excitement of it would disappear if people had proof of who JtR really was. People love the mystery of it, and it will never be solved.
                              (Hope that came out in the way i intended it too, always hard to express yourself correctly over the internet)

Comment

I'd also like to know what made Abberline change his mind about Hutchison being a creditable witness - if he did. He doesn't mention him again (that I can see) after their late night East End walks.

Comment

Working...
                                X