A Belated Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Belated Hello!

I thought it was about time I stopped lurking and said "Hello"....Ive been a big fan of this site and subject for many years and being an Eastend born and bred Londoner I am very familiar with and the sights and sounds of the locations you all take an interest in.

I am originally from Shoreditch, the top end of Old Nichol Street and Old Market Square just across the road from St Leonards Church and the small building used as a mortuary (Kelly).

I have lived and worked in many case associated sites and buildings and hope I can bring something new and of interest to you all.

I have a wealth of photographs, personal and family history to share and look forward to being of help if I can. so.....
    I,ll find my way around these parts, learn the ropes and be back soon.

Health, Wealth and Happiness to you Casebookers !!

welcome

Hello Barro. Welcome to the boards. Delighted that you are from the area.

I daresay you will have a good bit to contribute.

Haven't any old chests of letters lying about? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Hi Barro,

Welcome.

If, perchance, you do happen to have a musty ledger/correspondence/diary/confession or secret missive contained within a locked box which may only be opened under the seal of the confessional, please keep it to yourself.

Ripperologists hate firm conclusions.

The show must go on.

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome people but alas Dear Boss,s and Luskettes...

No dusty chests, no unseen documents, no velvet cloaks, top hats, gladstone bags, diarys or medical specimens presarved !!

Just some old and new photo,s laying around within the family, some old bric"a"brac of eastend association and some memories of local folktale and rumour.

I greet you well.

Comment

Hi Barro,

I, too, welcome you to the boards, especially as you are local to the area. If you have photographs, do add them to the "East End photographs & Drawings Thread". The process is quite simple when you get the hang of it, and any new material is fascinating.

Best Wishes, Bridewell.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Hello Barro, and welcome to Casebook!

I look forward to reading your future posts.

Best regards,
            Archaic

Comment

It will be my pleasure.....

I am at this moment awaiting a reply from the Old Sessions House Court Building in Clerkenwell to have unlimited access to take a few photo,s for that very thread (superb thread).

The reason being is that I have been told and read the registers within the building a lot of the Officers in our very case either attended to give evidence in various cases there or the higher ranked dined there in the Judges, Warders and Jailers Halls so I thought that might be something fresh to start with.

If the powers that be agree....I will have access this Thursday ;-)

PS.....and it now happens to be the Central London Masonic Centre !!......"Im not hinting at that old chesnut theory" !!!
              Last edited by Barro; 04-12-2012, 02:02 AM. Reason: More Info

Comment

Hi Barro, glad you stepped out of the shadows and revealed yourself. Now if only we can get ol' Jacky to do the same!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Barro,

A very warm welcome to Casebook! I'm really looking forward to all your future posts!

Carol

Comment

Out of the shadows too me!

Decided to come back and see whats what! ........the cat told me to get off of fb and do it!! xx
                    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Welcome Barro and welcome back Suzi
                      allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Welcome back Suzi! I can remember you (and your cat) from when I first joined Casebook.

Carol

Comment

Hi Suzi,

I have been gone from the Casebook too for quite a while. Long enough to not realize YOU were gone as well! Welcome back. How are your ferrets?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                          X