Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John G View Post
    Hi Abby,

Yes, I certainly see Tabram as a possible victim, and wouldn't completely rule out Smith, either. I take your point about McKenzie, however, the mutilations were largely superficial, and even the neck wound was somewhat tentative-in contrast to Kelly, of course, who was virtually decapitated.

I think that, as you suggest, if she was a Ripper victim he must have been intoxicated or significantly weakened, i.e. through illness.
    Lechmere wasnīt the killer.

The killer didnīt stop. He became a hot potato for a while. And what does one do with a hot potato?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Personally I think JtR's crimes started on 1888, and probably ended with MJK. Considering such a major escalation, I find it hard to believe that he would suddenly de-escalate to the extent of, say, McKenzie or Coles.
      How do you feel about the proposition that Kosminski was the killer, John?

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post

The killer didnīt stop. He became a hot potato for a while. And what does one do with a hot potato?

Regards, Pierre
        Pierre, please don't obfuscate another thread with your incessant need for attention.

Comment

Regards, Pierre
          Ask Annie Chapman...

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            How do you feel about the proposition that Kosminski was the killer, John?
            Hi Fisherman,

Previously I would have ruled him out completely, based upon the fact that he was probably suffering from schizophrenia. However, based upon the precedents of Robert Napper, and Sutcliffe, I now consider him to be at least a viable candidate.

However, the substantive evidence seems to be relatively weak, amounting to little more than family suspicions and a dubious identification by Lawende (even if the ID was made by Schwartz I would consider it equally dubious).
            Last edited by John G; 01-13-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Chop it in half, and smother it with prawns and paprika mayonnaise, obviously.

Didn't realise the ripper met the same fate.

Comment

Hi Fisherman,

Previously I would have ruled him out completely, based upon the fact that he was probably suffering from schizophrenia. However, based upon the precedents of Robert Napper, and Sutcliffe, I now consider him to be at least a viable candidate.
                Okay - then how do you explain that HE did not keep on killing between 1888 and 1891...? Or did he?

Comment

Okay - then how do you explain that HE did not keep on killing between 1888 and 1891...? Or did he?
                  I think there are a number of possibilities. He may have died, or was possibly incarcerated, i.e. prison/asylum. Or he could have become ill, mentally or physically, to the point where he was too weak or incapacitated to continue.

Comment

I think there are a number of possibilities. He may have died, or was possibly incarcerated, i.e. prison/asylum. Or he could have become ill, mentally or physically, to the point where he was too weak or incapacitated to continue.
                    You misunderstand me - Kosminski certainly didnīt die until many years after the murders. What I am asking is how you can believe in him as a viable bid who stopped killing between the Kelly murder in November 1888 and Kosminskiīs incarceration 1891. You have problems seeing Lechmere scaling down or ending killing.

Comment

There is A LOT to say he did - but no absolute proof.
                      To Fisherman

Like what exactly?

Cheers John

Comment

I think you're probably right on this point Pierre but how are you so sure?

Comment

Regards, Pierre
                          Me?.?

I eat 'em.

So are you saying they ate the ripper???
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

You misunderstand me - Kosminski certainly didnīt die until many years after the murders. What I am asking is how you can believe in him as a viable bid who stopped killing between the Kelly murder in November 1888 and Kosminskiīs incarceration 1891. You have problems seeing Lechmere scaling down or ending killing.
                            Well, of course, we know nothing of his mental or physical state between 1888 and 1891. In fact, in 1891 Jacob Cohen remarked that, "He had not attempted any kind of work for years."

It's therefore possible that, even by 1888, he had suffered such a serious mental and physical decline that he was incapable of carrying out the Whitechapel murders. Or, perhaps the murder of Mary Kelly precipitated such a decline.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                              To Fisherman

Like what exactly?

Cheers John
                              Scroll backwards and read - about five years backwards...

Comment

Well, of course, we know nothing of his mental or physical state between 1888 and 1891. In fact, in 1891 Jacob Cohen remarked that, "He had not attempted any kind of work for years."

It's therefore possible that, even by 1888, he had suffered such a serious mental and physical decline that he was incapable of carrying out the Whitechapel murders. Or, perhaps the murder of Mary Kelly precipitated such a decline.
                                That is the usual line of thought when it comes to Kosminski - he murders under the influence of reoccurring psychosis - and he does that silently and without leaving a clue behind, he sneaks in and out unseen - then he suffers a total decline after the Kelly murder, disenabling him to carry on the murders.

Itīs quite a story. It makes me think of a line by a musical guru of mine, Steve Earle: "And if you believe that, weīre gonna get along just fine..."

But Lechmere was a normal guy, who lived normally and nicely, who never hurt a fly - and who could never have stopped.

And after all, most of what we discuss here is myth.

Comment

Working...
                                X