No announcement yet.

Casebook Examiner No. 2 (June 2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been spreading the wealth throughout the interweb. I've found the people most in need of my guidance to be on sites devoted to reality television and Jesus.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      Who's Rob Clack?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
      Only the man you wish you were Tom.

Whereas Ally is the woman I knew I was.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty
        Only the man you wish you were Tom.
        Rob Clack is the bassist for KISS?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Who?

Who's Rob Clack?
          Yours truly,
          Tom Wescott
          Who is Tom Wescott, has anyone ever met him???
          SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

An excellent question Stewart,

You never see him and Dan Norder together do you?

Come to think of it you never see Karen Trennouth and I in the same room, though thats understandable.

Monty
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans
              Who is Tom Wescott, has anyone ever met him???
              Yes, under the name Dr. John Pope de Locksley.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom

You can't possibly be Dr John Pope de Locksley - he would have spelt every word incorrectly!!

Coral

Comment

True, but I can dare to dream.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Examiner Issue No. 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	Issue2-Front-Cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	659630

Casebook Examiner No. 2 is here, bigger and better than ever, with a fascinating variety of articles, features and photos that will inform and entertain. Those who have already subscribed will find the issue in their email box, but for those who have not yet subscribed there is still time to get in on the action. Go to http://www.casebook.org/examiner for full details.

Opening this issue, Jennifer D. Shelden has an editorial about what may be the best reason for Ripperology — friendship.

Chris Phillips starts off the roster of articles with a new and younger picture of Joseph Lawende, complete with a moustache even Tumblety might envy.

Tom Wescott then provides an in-depth look at Charles Le Grand that includes new revelations about the man he feels should be the prime suspect.

Roger J. Palmer continues his study of Inspector Andrews and Dr. Tumblety with insightful analysis guaranteed to challenge “conventional wisdom” on the subject.

Finally, Stewart P. Evans has an intriguing forensic examination of those witnesses who literally “saw red.”

All of our regular features are included, beginning with our reviews of current books and other media by Jonathan Menges and Ken Whiteway, among others, along with an initial column on detective fiction by Don Souden. Stewart P. Evans follows with his column on collecting and “On the Case” brings everyone up to date on the latest Ripper news, while this month’s “On the Case–Extra” is a proposal about victims’ graves by Trevor N. Bond.

This issue, the “Ultimate Ripperologists’ Tour” takes a George Hutchinson journey out to Romford and back, “CSI: Whitechapel” examines the murder of Annie Chapman and “Casebook Archives” takes a look at books about something dear to all of us, the phenomenon of Ripperology.

Finally, Robert Clack closes out the issue with his always interesting “Scenes of Crime” photo essay, this time focusing on the murder of Liz Stride.

All in all, an issue no one will want to miss.

Comment

An excellent discovery by Chris Phillips of probably one of the most important individuals involved in the Ripper Case.

Rob

Comment

Hi

This looks very good.. but I am having difficulty in reading this in the 3 column format on line. I am sure it would be easy if I printed it - but that defeats the object of having an electronic mag.

Any chance you can change it?

Coral

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack
                          An excellent discovery by Chris Phillips of probably one of the most important individuals involved in the Ripper Case.
                          I completely agree. And as you can imagine, I'm greatly enjoying your photos which have significance to individuals in the Stride investigation, including our good friend Edward Spooner's favorite hangout - the Beehive!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I completely agree. And as you can imagine, I'm greatly enjoying your photos which have significance to individuals in the Stride investigation, including our good friend Edward Spooner's favorite hangout - the Beehive!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                            Since Strides been under discussion quite a bit lately I thought I'd do a Stride theme this issue.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

I'd love to read all of these; however, for some reason, this hasn't hit my inbox yet...
                              best,

claire

Comment

Coral,

We are sorry you are having difficulty viewing the Examiner. We considered non-columns but found that most people, when viewing it in Full Screen Mode, prefer this format. We realize that this doesn't help those who find it difficult to read but at this time there are no plans to change the format.

Claire,

All issues have been sent, and if you have subscribed, you should have it in your inbox. It may have ended up in your spam folder, so you might want to check there. If it is not in your spam folder, you can email us at examiner @ casebook.org (close the spaces) with the email address that is linked to the pay pal account you subscribed with, we will try to figure out what went wrong.
                                Last edited by Casebook Examiner; 06-16-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X