Jack the Ripper in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Celesta,

Thanks for that information. I did see the composite sketch and the age regression comparison. Seemed like a crock and they gave no explantion that no one is certain that witnesses actually saw the Ripper. It looked like the artist doing the age regression had been coached. The likeness was too good to be true.

c.d.

Comment

"Coached"! My thoughts exactly, CD. It was interesting though. Looks like a fun program to play with.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

DNA - Fingerprints - Handwriting Comparisons - Profiling

It seems feasible that Kelly is the guy, initially killing his wife with a knife, the way they portrayed him. But, it seems like if he came back after 40 years to the asylum and wrote memoirs, why didn't they make comparisons to the notes sent to the police, especially the one sent with the kidney. I am sure the blood is that of the victim, and he wouldn't be worrying about prints back in the late 1800's. Couldn't the prints still be raised through chemical fuming of the documents? I am sure Scotland Yard wouldn't have a problem exhuming him if there is a chance his fingers aren't totally deteriorated. I am sure the memoirs he wrote would also still hold his fingerprints and possibly DNA. The information you are lead to believe with this is the detective tracked him to the U.S. and throughout the U.S. I think a credible FBI profiler could probably tell you if the profile fits the London murders to the New York and possibly other U.S. murders, since it may be evidence of one of the first serial killers in the U.S. I just think there is more evidence that can be developed in this day and age of CSI and DNA. If he solves this one he can work on the Black Dahlia murder next.

Comment

Hi Celesta.

I haven’t seen the show so I don’t know if they showed a photograph or an actual building (in which case it would not be the hotel). The East River Hotel was condemned in November of 1907 and torn down some time after.

Wolf.

Comment

Hi Wolf, I thought it had been torn down. They weren't very clear about it. In fact, it was misleading. Thanks, Wolf.
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Cheers Poe
              Best regards,
              Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by A_forthewomen View Post
                I thought it was interesting too and he certainly is compelling as a murderer ... but I had read in the casebook that there's no proof that he was in London in November of 1888.

ALso, what's up with the composite drawing? Those who testified that they saw various men with the London victims all gave different descriptions with some elements in common. So where did this drawing come from?

I thought the same thing. And all the descriptions I've ever read are quite vague .

Comment

Kelly was clearly the killer. This whole casebook.org thing is now officially a crock

Comment

not just murders but ripper style murders people kill but few muatalate thats why they stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnalabama View Post
                      Kelly was clearly the killer. This whole casebook.org thing is now officially a crock
                      So..exactly why are you posting here if it's a crock? I admit he made a good case against Kelly, but you can make good cases against a lot of the suspects by being selective as Detective Norris did in his show. People who are ill informed about the case watch shows like that and believe everything they see. Why, if we all did that then there would be about 20 Rippers!

For example, I had a co-worker of mine who thought that the movie "From Hell" (with Johnny Depp, based on Stephen Knight's book, I believe) was real, and that every one had already figured out who he was. You have to be very careful what you believe on this case, as I'm really starting to find out.

Best Wishes,
                      Erynn

Comment

amen

Hello Mrs. E. Your statement:

"You have to be very careful what you believe on this case[.]"

is worthy a hearty amen.

The best.
                        LC

Comment

I second that!

Comment

Originally posted by PoePixie View Post
                            @Uncle Jack

Google, Jack Ripper Omicron, It's up on several file hosting sites for download.
                            Is there another way of getting this as my dvd burner is broken and i would like to have it on dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
                              Is there another way of getting this as my dvd burner is broken and i would like to have it on dvd.
                              Were you able to actually find it on the internet?

Comment

Yes found it on several web sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X