Brummagem Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brummagem Bill

One of the many 'Jack The Ripper' correspondence is dated 12 September 1889 London W.C. and addressed to J.Munroe.Esq 4 Whitehall Place Scotland Yard and is as follows:
    Sir
    ....excuse me writing to you boldly,but intended to settle 4 more 2 in the east end& 1 at Islington & 1,at West end near Regent St-some time next week for I have not got the right cow yet,I have sworn to catch the right one that as Injured me,I did not settle that one under arch way,but I know who did,I am not Jack the riper as it is put about,I am Brumigan Bill the Slaughterman for they are all Brumigan Women that I have settled for they have ruined many a honest man in their native town,and have come to Injure honest men here but I intend to stop their little game
    I am Sir your's
    Brumigan Bill the Slaughterman
    Not Jack the riper
    On the Old Bailey Online site if you type in the name of Luke Emmerson and the year 1889 on their search engine there is an intriguing account that features the fatal shooting of William Robinson aka 'Brummagem Bill'.This is dated 8th April 1889 but still makes for interesting reading.

If it wasn't for the fact that William Bury was executed in Dundee on 24th April 1889, I dare say this letter would be connected with him in some fashion.

Comment

Working...
    X