No announcement yet.

Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Natalie, you make some interesting connections, and comments yourself.
    Fairbanks Junior is interviewed at some length in the FBI files, and it appears that he spent 3 months in London in the company of Mandy Rice Davies, and then claims - shock and horror - that he never realised she was a call girl, and then expresses horror over her involvement with Stephen Ward, but then has to later admit to knowing Ward.
    Make of that what you will, but he was obviously a man with a penchant for call girls, as was my grandfather, and they shared the same social scene and friends.

Now to business.

Part and parcel of this whole sad affair is that live sex shows were actually staged - for the benefit of Ward's clients and friends - by the white prostitutes under his control, and the black Caribbean gangsters employed by Ward and Rachman (while he was still alive, but then Michael X assumed his role).
    I would remind you that each and every one of the black Caribbean men in the employ of Ward, Rachman and then Michael X, had very serious criminal convictions for violent assaults on women prior to the Hammersmith murders, including rape and attempted murder - and here I include Michael X himself; Stanley Abbott; 'Lucky' Gordon; the 'Edge' as he was known (Edgecombe); and Steve Yeates.
    As I have more than amply demonstrated all of these men then went on to commit even more serious and violent crimes against women, including murder and attempted murder.
    As I have said, I do hold a criminal gang responsible for the murder of these women, for good reason, and I believe the criminal gang I have mentioned here to be implicated in these crimes; and it is now time for the case to be reopened and reinvestigated by the responsible policing authority.

Comment

• What you say may well be the case Ap.In Keeler"s book she begins hinting about the darker side of all the Cliveden fun with the politicians and aristocrats and Russian agents with a cryptic reference to Vicki Martin"s death.She says Vicki,through Ward, became a close friend of the Maharaja of Cooch Behar-your grandfather you say?She recounts how Vicki was killed in a car crash.But she points out that there were never any details of her death.........If, as Keeler insists,Ward was a double agent etc then anything could have happened-all things allegedly being equal in love and war !Christine Keeler"s IQ as tested in Holloway jail, was 141.Mensa level approx.So Ward certainly knew how to pick the girls since despite her background in poverty and being on the wrong side of the tracks she was,according to those reporters who covered her trial and saw her in the flesh,a truly beautiful girl to look at,and had been carefully groomed by Ward -as well as being extremely bright underneath her veneer of silly highjinks!

Comment

• Oh no, Natalie, my actual grandfather died in a car crash some years before this, but his sons and nephews sort of carried the tradition forward; and I'm looking at Vicki Martin as a close member of my family.
        Yes, you are right, Ward knew how to pick them. That photograph of Keeler on a chair has got to be the image of the 1960's.
        Could you quote the bits about the Black Dahlia and Junior, and I'll check them against the FBI files?

Comment

• I don't recall anything about Dahlia and D. F. Jr. She did have contacts with actors Arthur Lake and Franchot Tone who in turn had a dust up over a woman with B film star Tom Neal who in turn killed his wife and went to prison. Maybe we're getting into six degrees of separation here. My dad was at Camp Cooke when Elizabeth Short worked there so on and on it goes.
          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• AP and Stan,
            I had gone to the local library after seeing the film starring Scarlett Johannason-it came out early last year.I was curious as to whether the killer was a similar type to the ripper which may have been so-the book had such ghastly pictures in it I was glad to return it to the library to be quite honest-it gave me the creeps-it was also as though a great can of worms lay still to be opened as to who had been involved in it all.The book was by a guy who had written a similar "factual" type crime book on Kennedy, I seem to remember -sorry I dont have the name right now.But the author seemed to be seeing connections everywhere and putting the murder down to an authorised killing by four gangsters who had connections with a "starlet"s " club -and one where the Black Dahlia was definitely last seen etc etc D F Jr"s name cropped up several times with regards to his frequent sightings at the club and his keen interest in the girls there.When I get back to London I can get the title and author of the book but right now I am in Wales so I cant help more than that at the moment -sorry Ap.
            Stan,did your dad remember her?
            Last edited by Natalie Severn; 08-25-2008, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• To Ap re your request: It was in a book I have seen referred to on here actually-before the system crashed mind-"The Black Dahlia Files" ---"The Mob,The Mogul and the Murder etc" by Donald H Wolfe.You will find exact text in the book.
              [its not a book I would want to see again-I had thought it was what last years film was based on ,the one with Scarlett Johanneson,but It wasnt like the film at all-the theories were quite different.
              Last edited by Natalie Severn; 08-25-2008, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• Hi Natalie,

My dad thought that he probably saw her where she worked but does not specifically remember her.

I believe the movie was based on James Ellroy's semi-fictional book.
                Last edited by sdreid; 08-25-2008, 02:28 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                  What is your evidence Vincent?
                  There is no single piece of evidence that would say 'suspect' is definitely guilty, rather a series of things. He was in the area at the time of the murders, as he also was during the time of the Eve Stratford, Lynne Weedon murders.
                  You may say ' so were thousands of others'. He didn't live there continuously, just during those times. He was also in a very different part of the country during some other very infamous murders, to name them would point the finger too strongly at one man, something I'm not prepared to do as he is still alive and very computer savvy.
                  Also, so many snippets I know about his history fit in with that of a killer. Have you heard of the Macdonald Triad?

Comment

• Hi Vincent,

I am aware of those supposed traits but wonder if they're as important as some claim.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Natalie, for your amusement I have tracked down the FBI interview with Fairbanks Junior. I have to transcribe it as the FBI do not take any prisoners when it comes to copying their files.
                      This is part 1... part 2 is even better.
                      June 23rd 1963. Ref: 65-68718-136 (or that might be 'B6' as it is handwritten):
                      'Blank was in London, during November 1962, for a period of three weeks. He met Mandy Rice Davies at a party in a private residence. He could not recall the address or the identity of the person who gave the party.
                      Blank knew Mandy Rice Davies as 'Mandy'. In a period of three weeks he took her out six times, always to dinner. She never visited him at his hotel, which was the Mayfair Hotel in London. Blank claimed that he did not visit her in any apartment or hotel. On five occasions he picked Mandy up at the apartment of Stephen Ward, where Mandy was residing. On such occasions, he met Dr Ward, on the other occasion when he picked up Mandy she was at the apartment of Christine Keeler. According to Blank Mandy was living with another girl in Ward's apartment.
                      Blank only met Ward on one occasion and the conversation that he had with him was brief. Blank said that Ward had a good practise in osteopathy, was financially well off, a man of prominence with a good clientele, and he felt that the allegations against Dr Ward by the British authorities were completely unfounded and baseless. Blank further stated that in his opinion Dr Ward's position was such that he would never have ever been associated with prostitutesor party girls.'
                      (copies destroyed, added in a stamp)... but not this one, eh?

2nd part coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                        Hi Natalie,

My dad thought that he probably saw her where she worked but does not specifically remember her.

I believe the movie was based on James Ellroy's semi-fictional book.
                        Thanks Stan,
                        The James Ellroy book is just brilliant but the film wasnt that good really.It was Ok because of the excellent period reconsrtuction but didnt do Ellroy any favours! The book I mention was altogether different with verbatim accounts from people there at the time who had known Elizabeth Short.But he doesnt spare you---its from real files etc.

Comment

• Well well AP----it doesnt surprise really for to quote Mandy in 1963 :Well he would say that wouldnt he!
                          What a pithy little sentence of hers that was.
                          Many thanks for sharing that AP
                          Look forward to part two.

Comment

• FBI Document - Keeler Profumo Affair.

'Three negroes had met Keeler in low-class nightclubs, generally frequented by non-caucasian elements in London.'

These were USAF men, but the eventual count of Americans involved went up to 8.
                            So far I have the names of five.
                            And we have to remember that Keeler was very much a caucasian.

I'm also pleased to report that the FBI tracked Ward's pimping activities back to 1949, which fits in very well with my personal interest in 1953, and Vicki Martin.

Comment

• Hi Natalie,

I believe Ellroy covers the case some in his non-fiction book about the unsolved murder of his mother, Geneva, entitled My Dark Places. Steve Hodel, in his book, claims that his father may have killed both Beth and Geneva as well as numerous other women. The only book I have on the case is Severed by John Gilmore. There must be some 10 books about the case by now plus half a dozen movies.
                              Last edited by sdreid; 08-26-2008, 12:01 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• What you have transcribed Ap,matches pretty well what Keeler says in her book about the people she got mixed up with.She is emphatic that Ward procurred these girls so that he could use them to pump secrets out of various politicians and what with her grooming,good looks and intelligence she claims this is what she did with the then Minister for War,poor old Profumo.She claims in the book that Roger Hollis who ran MI5 was a double agent and told Ward what to prime her about -now whether Keeler is making this up as she goes along is anyone"s guess----but she does claim she feared for her life if she didnt do what Ward asked.
                                I read the Christine Keeler files at the back of her book just now---much of it is blanked out but old D F jr gets heavy mention!
                                Well I hope you succeed in your quest Ap-it might be a little late since so many of the main cast are now dead-.
                                All the Best
                                Natalie

Comment

Working...
                                X