No announcement yet.

The exact meaning of "sexually insane"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my book I now argue that Macnaghten knew everything about Druitt, and never made a 'mistake'.

This is because I have access to sources I did not have a few years ago.

I think that Macnaghten's problem, after solving the case, was that he did not want to confide in his SY colleagues about Druitt.

So when things became sticky, as with William Grant in 1895, he handed Anderson 'Kosminski', the fictional variant of a real person named Aaron Kosminski. He told his sexually repressed boss the Polish madman was a chronic masturbator, sectioned soon after Kelly's murder and deceased soon after that (from exhaustion?) Two of those bits of data were lies--and we know this from other sources that Mac knew Aaron was sectioned much later and was still alive.

Now both chiefs, who hated each other, had a deceased Ripper, but only one actually was and only one chief knew this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
      In my book I now argue that Macnaghten knew everything about Druitt, and never made a 'mistake'.

I think that Macnaghten's problem, after solving the case, was that he did not want to confide in his SY colleagues about Druitt.

So when things became sticky, as with William Grant in 1895, he handed Anderson 'Kosminski', the fictional variant of a real person named Aaron Kosminski. He told his sexually repressed boss the Polish madman was a chronic masturbator, sectioned soon after Kelly's murder and deceased soon after that (from exhaustion?) Two of those bits of data were lies--and we know this from other sources that Mac knew Aaron was sectioned much later and was still alive.

Now both chiefs, who hated each other, had a deceased Ripper, but only one actually was and only one chief knew this.

And it's these sources I'm curious about. Which means I have to get your book, as I understand, of course, that you won't want to give it away just like that. You succeeded in getting some decent advertisement across here

However: I'm not so sure 'his' Kosminski was all that fictitious. Too much resemblance between his description and Fido's Cohen - Fido presented a very good case for that man having existed, and the similarities are striking. Unless you mean Macnaghten knew this as well, knew the man to be real, but this would somewhat slightly sort of kind of border on a first step to possibly maybe obstruction, no matter how much feeling was lost between the two men...
      That the 'years of solitary vice' would impress Anderson, yes, no doubt

I got to vanish for today. Thank you.

Comment

I'm getting excited
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
          I'm getting excited
          Not bored
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Not bored
            What boredom on here never
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post

So he knew everything he needed to know about Druitt, (and solved the case) but was fine with just throwing in some fictional variants of the number two suspect on his list?

Comment

To Gnote

In the Macnaghten semi-fictionalized Druitt, Kosminski and Ostrog for public consumption because it was for public consumption.

Aaron Kosminski was a minor suspect, but Macnaghten needed somebody to hand to his boss who was long deceased, and that was not going to be Druitt.

From mid-1894 Mac knew that Ostrog was cleared but since he was exploiting a fictionalized version of a Russian thief who had dared steal from his beloved Eton he did not care.

In his memoirs he tried, up to a point, to be candid: Druitt was not a suspect in 1888, the other suspects are nothing, belief was based on information received by his own people.

Comment

Thanks to all who have attempted to explain the meaning of the term "sexually insane" in respect of this suspect, I am now clearer on the term.

Comment

Working...
                  X