CNN has lost all credibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Headlines on the website right now is "trump heads back to golf course as global tensions rise."

Hahahaha. Hopelessly obsessed.
    Like some loser stalker who can't get over losing the girl (election/congress/court etc.)
    Context Abby. Trump was constantly berating Obama for playing Golf at Martha's Vinyard. And he is the the one now taking half the secret service staff (the other half are stationed at Trump tower in NYC) with him every weekend to Florida with him to play Golf himself, breaking all of Obama's records in the process.

Comment

Great post.
      But I don't think any president can be as big as a buffoon as Clinton. Actually He was worse than a buffoon. He was a dooshbag clown who used his power his entire career to **** on people. And his wife is no better. His littles right hand woman. His toady who stuck up for him and helped to attack and drag down anyone who stood up to him. There marriage is a sham. It's a power relationship where they knew they had to stick together or else they're more vulnerable. The scandelclan.

Oh and the womanizing, cheating, abuse charges and blow bobs in the Oval Office from an intern? It had real consequences. Friends of ours who had kids in middle school were telling us the nightmare of kids harassing girls for blow bobs because you know, it isn't really sex. Totally true story. And sad.
      Sounds rather like an attempt of revisionism to me. Clinton delivered
      - a budget surplus
      - an unemployment rate of 4%
      - the closest thing the world had ever seen to a middle-east peace-deal (until Rabbin was assasinated),
      - other stuff that we might find on wikipedia.

So he lied about a consensual relationship.

Now let's wait until the *****-grabbing filters through into the primary-
      and high-schools. Totally sad....

Comment

The problem we have here is clear to see, and it applies to both the pro trump people and the anti trump people. And that is that anything which they do not agree with is now being labels "fake news".

It's a truly sad state of affairs when political debate comes down to a basic we are right and we never do wrong or you are wrong and never do right argument.
        Closed minds on both sides.

Personally I would be surprised if Trump completed his full term, and I seriously doubt he will be viewed by history as a mould breaker.

He is just another politician, portraying himself as man of the people, there have been so many over the ages. To me at present he comes across as the CEO of a company who sees the USA as an extension of that company.

History will judge him. 3 months is far too short a period.

Steve

Comment

no one [who] kicked ass after 911 could be that bad.
          Kicked ass? Well, yes, but in the process of bringing about regime-change in the Middle East he created a power vacuum since filled by extremist groups arguably more antagonistic towards the West even than Al Qaeda, and who have wrought untold misery at home and abroad ever since.
          Last edited by Sam Flynn; 04-15-2017, 02:15 AM.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
            The article is not about the content of the dosier, the article is about the secret services briefing Trump and the then administration Obama\Biden about the existence of the dossier. This reporting has been confirmed as correct, so the article is not fake news.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that none of this is correct. Either way, at the time CNN were reporting on this, the explicitly stated:
            "At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations"

But CNN did not report on he content of the dossier, they reported on the fact that a dossier exists and that after several months of investigation by FBI and CIA, it is still not concluded and that in the eyes of the secret services, the possibility that Russia had compromising information on Trump could not be discounted.

Besides, I think it is newsworthy if the secret services are investigating whether or not an adversary power has leverage over the president or not.
            As far as I know Trump was not shown the dossier. The dossier was brought into the meeting but was not shown to him. Whether it was mentioned to him I am less sure about. However, the implication of the CNN story was that the dossier was part of a briefing. If it was part of a briefing then it was only tangentally so. Should this be news? Probably not. This "news" is as fake as either of us wish to interpret it as.

So, we have the pissgate dossier. A dossier that is as trustworthy as Comical Ali at his height(even I know not to hire a pissing hooker in Moscow hotel room - you do that sort of thing at home). This dossier was taken into a meeting with Trump but not shown to him. This fact is then immediately leaked from the intelligence services to a couple of major news outlets. This all smacks of a mud slinging operation against Trump by disaffected security officials. It is not news it is a hit job from the intelligence services and the media. If it is news it is all fake and manufactured.

I cant wait for CNN to lead with the news that Barack Obama is gay, that Hillary is a lesbian and that Chelsea Clinton is not Bill's daughter. All we need is for some ne'erdowell intelligence service agents to make up a dossier on these issues and we can report on them AND link directly to others who are reporting on them.

Comment

Context Abby. Trump was constantly berating Obama for playing Golf at Martha's Vinyard. And he is the the one now taking half the secret service staff (the other half are stationed at Trump tower in NYC) with him every weekend to Florida with him to play Golf himself, breaking all of Obama's records in the process.
              Except that Trump sleeps like two hours a night. And I don't give a crap how much he makes the secret service work. That's their job.

Comment

- a budget surplus
                - the closest thing the world had ever seen to a middle-east peace-deal (until Rabbin was assasinated),

Clinton will go down as one of the worse presidents in history. He already is. History doesn't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  Kicked ass? Well, yes, but in the process of bringing about regime-change in the Middle East he created a power vacuum since filled by extremist groups arguably more antagonistic towards the West even than Al Qaeda, and who have wrought untold misery at home and abroad ever since.
                  I think you are referring to the ***** presidents Clinton and Obama. One who shot bombs into sand dunes while getting blow bobs by an intern and the other who was the coward preserve my "legacy" at all costs by pulling all the troops and doing nothing against those extremist groups.

Really Sam your not that deluded are you?

Comment

The article is not about the content of the dosier, the article is about the secret services briefing Trump and the then administration Obama\Biden about the existence of the dossier. This reporting has been confirmed as correct, so the article is not fake news.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that none of this is correct. Either way, at the time CNN were reporting on this, the explicitly stated:
                    "At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations"

But CNN did not report on he content of the dossier, they reported on the fact that a dossier exists and that after several months of investigation by FBI and CIA, it is still not concluded and that in the eyes of the secret services, the possibility that Russia had compromising information on Trump could not be discounted.

Besides, I think it is newsworthy if the secret services are investigating whether or not an adversary power has leverage over the president or not.
                    The Russian dossier was fake news. A British ex spy was paid by Clinton/demi's to dig **** up on Trump and then they drip fed it to our lame ass intel who got fat and lazy under Obama and half are his cronys which is why they hate Trump.
                    I've been say it for a long time...our intel needs a shake up believe me I know I work in USA intel.

Then our fake news networks lapped it up like a blind dog.

Fake news.

Comment

- a budget surplus

- are you willing to give the Republican Congress any credit for the supposed budget surplus? Which it wasn't btw. That surplus was another example of fake news. It was just an accounting trick.
                      - the same with the unemployment rate of 4%. Do Republicans get credit for that too?

Clinton's relationship was with an intern. That relationship would get most mid level managers fired immediately. I can't believe anyone would condemn Trump for what he said but defend Clinton's for what they actually did.

Comment

I think you are referring to the ***** presidents Clinton and Obama
                        No, I'm referring to the catastrophically ill-advised and dishonest campaign undertaken by Bush and Blair against Iraq, which led directly to the mess the world is in now.
                        Really Sam your not that deluded are you?
                        Not in the slightest, Abby.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

No, I'm referring to the catastrophically ill-advised and dishonest campaign undertaken by Bush and Blair against Iraq, which led directly to the mess the world is in now.Not in the slightest, Abby.
                          Sam
                          The problem is not "regime change" . It's pulling out and sticking your head in the sand and acting like there's nothing wrong.

And if you think that bush and Blair are directly responsible for "the mess the world is in now" then I'm sorry but you are delusional and very much so.

Do think the terrorists and Middle East tyrants like Saddam might have just the littlest to do with it?

Good lord.

Comment

No, I'm referring to the catastrophically ill-advised and dishonest campaign undertaken by Bush and Blair against Iraq, which led directly to the mess the world is in now.Not in the slightest, Abby.
                            As usual, you are correct. I'm glad I have no party allegiance. Had I, I'd be embarrassed about this and about Trump. Trump is about the dumbest politician I can recall, and yet he's president. The saddest thing right now in America is that Saturday Night Live's representations of Trump and his sidekicks are more concise and newsworthy than listening to these creeps wheedle, moan and lie. Obama had class though he got very little done due to his following protocol, like a president should, and because of the obstructionist Republican old white man party. America is a scary place right now. I am not looking forward to going back this summer, but when I do, I'll be driving up to Canada where there are less guns and conservatives are not gun and religion connected. Wish me luck.

Mike
                            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                              I'll be driving up to Canada where there are less guns and conservatives are not gun and religion connected. Wish me luck.
                              I certainly do, Mike
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                                As usual, you are correct. I'm glad I have no party allegiance. Had I, I'd be embarrassed about this and about Trump. Trump is about the dumbest politician I can recall, and yet he's president. The saddest thing right now in America is that Saturday Night Live's representations of Trump and his sidekicks are more concise and newsworthy than listening to these creeps wheedle, moan and lie. Obama had class though he got very little done due to his following protocol, like a president should, and because of the obstructionist Republican old white man party. America is a scary place right now. I am not looking forward to going back this summer, but when I do, I'll be driving up to Canada where there are less guns and conservatives are not gun and religion connected. Wish me luck.

Mike
                                America is a scary place? HAHAHAHAHA!
                                You've been watching too much CNN.

"Old white man party"?
                                Better be careful, I might just have to accuse you of being ageist, sexist and a racist.

Oh and the next time there's a world crisis go ahead and see what Canada does about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X