Was Stride Really a JtR Victim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Phil

not surprsingly, the idea that Stride might not have been a ripper victim is mainly to be found in suspect-based books.
    Long before Turnbull and AP, that was the case with William Stewart in 1939.
    But all the police at the time had no doubt on the subject.
    And all newspapers except one (I can't remember which, but I had noted somewhere there was one).

Cheers

Comment

I give two turds about supporting the conventional wisdom

What I'm asking is, given our options, isn't it more likely that "JTR" or some club related thing occured than just some random well executed murder or domestic assault that has nothing to suggest either? Why? To determine that we probably need a who. Who needs a motive.
      Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Also

Is there a list of the members of the IWC? If so would someone give me the helpful finger?
        Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Make it a "double."

Hello Phil. Excellent post.

It pretty well expresses my own thinking. So would it be fair to observe, "Goes 'double' for me"?

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

suggestive

Hello DLDW.

"isn't it more likely that "JTR" or some club related thing occurred than just some random well executed murder or domestic assault that has nothing to suggest either?"

Well, doesn't Israel's story suggest something similar to that? So if one can believe his story . . . Why not?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

list-less

Hello (again) DLDW.

"Is there a list of the members of the IWC?"

Well, many have sought this for some time. Tom Wescott has suggested looking through employer's lists of sweat shop workers.

"If so would someone give me the helpful finger?"

I could give you the finger--not certain it would be helpful (heh-heh).

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

point noted

I would say translation of his interpretation of events. Still, random man walking down street, pulls over to assault and slit woman's throat out of the blue on a whim has gotta go. And there is nothing to support Killer Kidney being there. So... Wait I don't think there is anything to support Schwartz being there either. Curious.
                Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

3 weeks without any murder.
                  Then no murder until Nov 9, indoors.
                  Discarding Stride (or Eddowes, as Arnold did) is the grossest mistake one can make.

Comment

"Out of the blue."

Hello DLDW. Thanks.

"Still, random man walking down street, pulls over to assault and slit woman's throat out of the blue on a whim has gotta go."

Well, that's about how it looks.

Some have postulated that they had been together earlier that evening. He had left, then doubled back to resume a conversation with Liz.

To me, does not "feel" quite right.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

no cold turkey

Hello David.

"3 weeks without any murder. Then no murder until Nov 9, indoors."

Perhaps he was trying to taper off? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Originally posted by Digalittledeeperwatson View Post
                        So... Wait I don't think there is anything to support Schwartz being there either. Curious.
                        Absolute canard there. Nobody was at any of the murder scenes except the victims and the killer. So nothing supports anyone's testimony. Neither can Schwartz be supported except in the details of his story which are unlikely to have been manufactured. He was passing the location, but it wasn't a murder scene yet, so his testimony has no direct connection to the murder. Schwartz should not be dismissed. That would be a foolish thing to do.

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

Hi Lynn

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Permit a disagreement. IF the "Dear Boss" were real, and the killer killed Kate only, why could he not write the "Saucy Jacky" merely to take credit?
                          How would he know that number one squealed a bit and couldn`t finish straight off?

Comment

making the rounds

Hello Jon. Thanks.

Well, we certainly have no record of Liz squealing--unless you refer to the three not loud screams (whatever that means).

To "finish straight off" indicates, in my humble opinion, the inability to kill at once. And, yes, Liz bled to death, possibly slower than the others.

But how much of this had made the rounds? Next day or two, one paper was already proclaiming an interruption.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Mike,

Neither can Schwartz be supported except in the details of his story which are unlikely to have been manufactured. He was passing the location, but it wasn't a murder scene yet, so his testimony has no direct connection to the murder. Schwartz should not be dismissed. That would be a foolish thing to do.
                              You're saying Schwartz's 'testimony' (perhaps we should use statement here?) has no connection to the murder but he should not be dismissed. Can I ask what you mean?

Cheers
                              DRoy

Comment

Hi Lynn

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                                Well, we certainly have no record of Liz squealing).
                                Yes, we do.

--unless you refer to the three not loud screams (whatever that means).
                                I think it means three screams that were not very loud.

To "finish straight off" indicates, in my humble opinion, the inability to kill at once. And, yes, Liz bled to death, possibly slower than the others.
                                Exactly.

But how much of this had made the rounds? Next day or two, one paper was already proclaiming an interruption.
                                Schwartz gave his statement on Sunday afternoon, and it appeared in the papers on 1st Oct

Saucy Jack was posted Sunday and arrived at The Central News Agency on 1st Oct.

How did Saucy Jack know number one squealed a bit?

Comment

Working...
                                X