World Reacts to Trump's "****hole Countries" Remark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    What's perhaps more baffling is how such a man got into a position to run for office in the first place.
    Well, because he lied to everybody. To the gun-rights supporters, to the college educated, to the evangelical christians, especially to those in the rust-belt who have been out of work because of advances in technology. He told them all what they wanted to hear, he lied to all of them.

What should be most disturbing are the lengths that his supporters will go to justify what he says. This fool will be out of office eventually, but the 35+ million who think like he does will still be around, and they will have to vote for somebody. Which leaves open the possibility of another incompetent, self-interested, habitual liar will run for office.
    Americans are embarrassed around the world by what they picked for a President.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Well, because he lied to everybody. To the gun-rights supporters, to the college educated, to the evangelical christians, especially to those in the rust-belt who have been out of work because of advances in technology. He told them all what they wanted to hear, he lied to all of them.
      Indeed, Jon, but I'm baffled as to why/how the "system" allowed this loon even to become a candidate.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• In the US, anyone with money can put their name in the hat. They don't have to have any experience. Just say the right things, tell them all what they want to hear and someone will vote for you.
        Like, telling Miners "We are going to bring coal back", as Miners are out of work because the mines are all closing.

Who's burning coal these days?
        When was the last time anyone in the US came home to a coal fire?
        Ridiculous.

Trump isn't creating a market for coal, so it isn't "coming back", again, he lied.
        Trump loves the "poorly educated"...

It's easy to see why, he can get them to believe anything. And, this is a large portion of his base.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• And now the Welsh Carrot wants to launch a DoJ investigation of a newspaper that upset him.
          “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Originally posted by Magpie View Post
            And now the Welsh Carrot wants to launch a DoJ investigation of a newspaper that upset him.
            Welsh?
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              Welsh?
              I think Trump's ancestry is German and Scottish--?

Yes, the White House says they are narrowing down the potential candidates to be "Anonymous" (aka NYT op-ed writer) to just "a few people". No word on what happens if or when the culprit is unmasked.

Obama said we should not feel reassured that "adults in the room" are stopping Trump from really making a mess of things, because these people weren't elected by us, and "that's not how things work"-- which is true.

Trump said Lincoln had to cope with "fake news" mocking his Gettysburg Address, back in the day. Twitter is having a field day with that, though some historians have noted that yes, some newspapers called Lincoln's short speech "slight" and not suited to the occasion.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                I think Trump's ancestry is German and Scottish--?
                Indeed, Pat. Whatever his ancestry, I don't think my people had a hand - or any other body part! - in the matter
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Vitch means zat I shall duly apologise for ze next war

Comment

• Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                    And now the Welsh Carrot wants to launch a DoJ investigation of a newspaper that upset him.
                    So now Comrade Trump is conducting his own Witch Hunt at the White House.
                    I hope they never find out who wrote that piece, it will eat him alive from the inside out.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Trump's Mum was Scottish, we were happy to claim him when he was just a businessman, both the Labour and SNP governments stalked him and made him a "Business ambassador".

Then he said some of the immigrants from Mexico that crossed the border illegally were good people, but some were also bad people then they removed him from the list for apparently being racist.

Very strange deranged behaviour by politicians to Trump.
                      My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
                        Trump's Mum was Scottish, we were happy to claim him when he was just a businessman, both the Labour and SNP governments stalked him and made him a "Business ambassador".

Then he said some of the immigrants from Mexico that crossed the border illegally were good people, but some were also bad people then they removed him from the list for apparently being racist.

Very strange deranged behaviour by politicians to Trump.

Standard operating procedure, isn’t it?

And not just re Trump.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                          [/SIZE][/B]

Standard operating procedure, isn’t it?

And not just re Trump.
                          Maybe, but Trump is not a standard politician. He is now the most powerful man on earth and the Scottish government have gone out of its way to make him an enemy. Tbf to the Scottish government this all began long before Trump ran for President. Still, it has not been the smartest of plays from our leaders in Edinburgh.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                            Maybe, but Trump is not a standard politician.
                            You can say that again, Jason!
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
                              This is of course not exactly true because this is the exact trick that Trump is using with his racist foghorn. The meaning of his statement was unmistakably racist. For the record, the complete statement is

“They are not our friend, believe me,” he said, before disparaging Mexican immigrants: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

So the "And some, I assume, are good people." is specifically made to give his supporters cover, to be able to point out that this was a weighted statement. Yes, you could theoretically retreat to the position that what he has said is demonstrably factual, but this could be said about anything while making a completely outrageous and unacceptable statement. Let me demonstrate:

"About 1 million children will be born in the UK this year. Some of them will grow up to be murderers, rapists and drug-dealers. Therefore, all fetuses should be aborted to protect the wider public".

The point with the above is that this is factually correct. Some of those kids will undoubtedly become murderers and rapists but the conclusion from those facts is utterly wrong. Or how about:

"Mental and physical disability management and treatment is a drain on the National Health Service. These people should have all their costly treatment withdrawn to expedite a quicker reduction in the number of people receiving such treatment"

The interesting part is that I think you actually KNOW that Trump's statement's are racist, but you are belittling the gravity of them in order to defend him. Trust me, there is nothing to be gained by defending the indefensible except for massive shame further down the line. And this is a something that I have concluded from my many talks with my grandfather who served in the Hitler-youth and the German Army as a gunner from 1940 - 1945 before he passed away in 1997. And no, I am not shouting "Nazi", I am merely using this as an example of how people can get swept away by a second grade used-car salesman and then the realisation a few years later that his followers had lost all critical perspective and it has all gone rather pear-shaped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                                So now Comrade Trump is conducting his own Witch Hunt at the White House.
                                I hope they never find out who wrote that piece, it will eat him alive from the inside out.
                                The thing about that which interests me the most is the fact that Trump didn't dismiss the article as "fake news". This was the New York Times, after all, one of the fakestest of the fakest of the fakes - according to Trump. Indeed, couldn't just anyone have written that article? Couldn't it be a complete fabrication, as Trump has suggested is the case when it comes from "a source" - with no name? But no, apparently he had no doubts about the NYT's journalistic integrity this time. He must have thought, "this fits", because he immediately wanted to know who the traitor was. Trump would have been best served by playing it cool and publicly (and casually) denounced the article as "fake news". I thought he would, but he didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X