NEW LONDON EXHIBIT (March 09)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW LONDON EXHIBIT (March 09)

Excited to see this - missed the last one - this one at the Dulwich Picture Gallery is his first ever show comprising his much loved Venice work.....looking forward to it

Thanks for this info Adam.I went to his last exhibition at the Courtauld,it was a bit depressing but his 'down and outs" were brilliantly depicted.

Comment

Say, I took in the "Jack the Ripper & the East End" exhibit at the Museum in Docklands this past September. I know that some of the things displayed there were actually facsimiles. Does anyone know if Sickert's "Jack the Ripper's Bedroom" shown there was the real thing?

Comment

Im pretty sure it was the real thing. (Jack The Rippers Bedroom).

Comment

Just back from the show - was half expecting to see Phil and 20 others of you lot sitting the cafe at the front discussing Sickerts plausability as Jack......

Great show - 56 paintings and sketches - from his Venice work - very dark generally as we have come to expect - beautifully presented - fabulous portraits - similar in style to the Camden Town series....

the gift shop saw me coming.....got a beautifully produced book (£25) - a nice mounted print of "La Giuseppina against a Map of Venice" and a postcard - I wouldve got the nice "Sickert in Venice" mug and poster too but didnt want to look like a nutcase....

anyway - some pics of my goodies...
          Attached Files

Comment

Not to be tacky, Adam, but what was the admissino price you paid? The website is unclear but seems to indicate that it is £9 if you do not wish to view the rest of the Gallery.

Comment

£9 to get in to the Sickert section - rest is free - its quite a small place though - rest is period art. Not my sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
              X