• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip William Christopher

A.K.A. Father Mulcahy from M.A.S.H.

The count starts already.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Actually probably in '16, but '17 here.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Now part of the ghostly cast: McClean Stevenson, Harry Morgan, Larry Linville, Wayne Rogers. I noted that when Debbie Reynolds died last week, she was the last of the stars from "Singin' in the Rain" (she was the youngest of them in 1951), and of the speaking roles I believe Rita Moreno (who played a vindictive silent film actress friend of Jean Hagen) is the only one left.

Christopher certainly brought some more humanity to that series that showed the topsy turvey inhumanity of the setting for all it's worth.

R.I.P. Father Mulcahy.

Jeff

Comment

Very sad to see so many veterans of that great series passing away now.

Rest in peace, "Father", and thank you for your character's gentleness, Mr. Christopher.

"Sometimes the mornings here are very cold, and when an incision is made, steam will rise up from the patient, and you can see the surgeons warming their hands over the open wound... No one who has seen that can ever forget it." -- Father Mulcahy, M.A.S.H.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

He first appeared in a very minor part, but became a major part of the show.
          G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
            Rest in peace, "Father", and thank you for your character's gentleness, Mr. Christopher.
            I second that sentiment, and would just observe that William Christopher made Father Mulcahy such a believable character, too. That was a fine piece of acting.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
            X